FTX Northern California in final Beta [21 images]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are still some of us around who remember Flight Unlimited II, and the sound of Mooney Bravo's calling out over the radio as they flew in and out of places like Rio Vista, University, Petaluma, Hayward, Sonoma Skypark, and of course Half Moon Bay. Take a bow, fellas; this is going to be one of your top-sellers...

Yep, FU2 and later FU3 (with the SFO region installed) were my main sims from 1997 to ~ 2004. Lots of (virtual) memories from my time flying the "Trainer 172", Baron and Beaver over the SFO area, having SFO Approach call me "on-guard" because I forgot to contact them before entering their airspace  :mellow:

ATC was in some ways better than FSX/P3D, especially for VFR. The terrain mesh and photo textures were way ahead of their time as well.

Will be fun to re-discover this area with all the OrbX goodies.

Yep, FU2 and later FU3 (with the SFO region installed) were my main sims from 1997 to ~ 2004. Lots of (virtual) memories from my time flying the "Trainer 172", Baron and Beaver over the SFO area, having SFO Approach call me "on-guard" because I forgot to contact them before entering their airspace  :mellow:

ATC was in some ways better than FSX/P3D, especially for VFR. The terrain mesh and photo textures were way ahead of their time as well.

Will be fun to re-discover this area with all the OrbX goodies.

Ha, FU2/3 ! the Lake Renegade boatplane on lake Berryessa 8)

For me the regional packages are the pinnacle of what Orbx does and this stunner is no exception :o

I'm really excited about this release and it's definitely something to look forward to in a few weeks time.

Congratulations to all involved

You know what this means don't you? All of Horizon's Q400 routes, sans KLAX to KMMH, are all covered by Orbx regions. How sweet it is.

Todd

Not quite, they still need to finish Alaska so we can get the PANC - PAFA and PANC - PADQ runs which will begin this year. 

Seriously, I think this all some sort of evil plot to part me of my money.....every 2nd or 3rd payday, my wife says what's this charge or that charge.... recently I had a slip and bought a Nemeth helicopter so I can go low/slow through all this forthcoming eye candy..... Thanks for these shots. Nothing short of impressive...

I've been waiting a long time for this!

San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge:

Currently there are two eastern spans between Oakland and Treasure Island, running side by side though the old one is due to be torn down.

So to be precise, this image of the Bay Bridge is not the way things look at this time. Is this the old span or the new span? If it's the new one, then this a screen shot from the FUTURE?

peter in Oakland, CA.

• 2 weeks later...

There are still some of us around who remember Flight Unlimited II, and the sound of Mooney Bravo's calling out over the radio as they flew in and out of places like Rio Vista, University, Petaluma, Hayward, Sonoma Skypark, and of course Half Moon Bay. Take a bow, fellas; this is going to be one of your top-sellers...

Did I say Mooney...?  I meant Cessna...Cessna 4 Lima Golf.... ::)

Archived