FTX Global V1.1 release (imminent)

John Venema

Hello all,

Thank you for making FTX Global without doubt the most successful Orbx product launch in our company's history. Certainly it will help steady the ship through the rest of 2013 and fund the further plans we have for the FTXG product series over the coming 18 months or so.

V1.1 Patch

UPDATE: We hope to release the V1.1 patch today (Thursday 4th). Here is a run-down of the major fixes:

• Improved 3D lights that perform even better FPS and more denser Vector Lights

• Increased 3D lights size by 40% for further view distance and greater brightness (eventually we will release a 3D lights tuning app V2)

• Edited 3D lights annotation for many urban textures previously missing lighting

• Added intersection vehicle red tail lights, red/green traffic lights, and neon lights in commercial areas

• Edits to autogendescriptions.spb to add missing compatibility for some SCO Scotland objects and also missing veg at KWYS

• New landclass for the USA SW region to eradicate the "green deserts" and also add in the indigenous red desert in that region 

• New landclass for parts of Africa where pine trees are being shown instead of native African trees

• FTX Global Uninstaller (already released separately)

We are just working on the final LC edits then we will give the patch to testers and then release it. Done

Many thanks for all the customer bug reports, constructive criticism and improvement suggestions, most of which we have taken on board, if not for V1.1 then for future revisions.

USA SW new landclass for deserts and red dry desert areas:

d9CS1.jpg

LBaDX.jpg

New improved FPS for 3D lights, denser, brighter, new vector light models for improved FPS also:

gEd3D.jpg

Yours in updates.

Thankss JV!   Looking forward to the improvements of what is already a massive improvement for FSX.

Even though I'm not really interested in N Ireland per se, I will buy it, if only to further support your efforts for us all.  (I'm sure I'll like N Ireland, but I don't fly in Europe much is all)   Really looking forward to your LC products and any new airport, both for regions an Global.

Hi Rod,

You will very much enjoy Northern Ireland. Although from the South myself, I have some familiarity with the North and the lads have nailed in terms of the representation. The North is relatively small, there are six counties in it, which means it is a very managable space in which to explore.

Enjoy!

Eamonn Shanahan

EIKY

I knew, i cut trust You. You are  a charm and all that nonsens beeing said (some members) in this Forum is going to the grave.

Cant remember now, something like.  Rome wasnt build in one day.... and patience isnt for the younger one, i guess. 8)

Kind regards and thanks.

Henrik

BTW. Im also Really looking forward to your LC products and any new airport, both for regions an Global.

FTX Global is the best...thanks for all the support for this product.

I never thought I needed just a small region for FSX.

Then after I got Global...with the Hybrid mode (the best thing added to Global)....I started to get the regions and now have almost all of them.

It looks like you have got what a lot of your customers want right in your sights. 

Keep up the good work!

Any word on whether UTX will be supported in the future? UTX is a pretty wide-spread add-on, and some of it doesn't blend/word with FTXG (road lighting, custom texture which don't blend). This is the biggest disappointment in my view. Everything is great, except for the incompatibility which kills some of the allure.

Any word on whether UTX will be supported in the future? UTX is a pretty wide-spread add-on, and some of it doesn't blend/word with FTXG (road lighting, custom texture which don't blend). This is the biggest disappointment in my view. Everything is great, except for the incompatibility which kills some of the allure.

+1

I really hope this can be achieved. If nothing else if they could just add replacement textures for the custom landclass in UTX (row housing, industrial, ports, etc) it would be a lot better. Vector lighting on UTX roads would be the icing on the cake though. Like you said, UTX is a very popular addon.

No the V1.1 patch does not fix the broken FSX DX10 shaders, you will need Steve Parsons' tool to do that, which is due for release next week.

We have now finished the SW USA edits, doing the last of the Africa edits then we will test it and release during the week ok? Thanks for your patience!

NCA will have the new 3D lighting system, and we'll work backwards to add it to our older regions (a massive job though).

That's unbelievable costumer service! One of the rasons, why I like - no love :wub:  - Orbx so much!

Cheers, Wolfgang

+1

I really hope this can be achieved. If nothing else if they could just add replacement textures for the custom landclass in UTX (row housing, industrial, ports, etc) it would be a lot better. Vector lighting on UTX roads would be the icing on the cake though. Like you said, UTX is a very popular addon.

No the V1.1 patch does not fix the broken FSX DX10 shaders, you will need Steve Parsons' tool to do that, which is due for release next week.

We have now finished the SW USA edits, doing the last of the Africa edits then we will test it and release during the week ok? Thanks for your patience!

John, any word on making FTXG compatible with UTX? It's pretty much the only thing that keeps me from buying FTXG right now.... (mainly speaking about the vector lighting on the UTX roads...).

I have UTX Canada, USA, Europe with Global textures.  I have no known faults or problems.  I know that UTX is more complex than just landclass (it is also vector LC which gives rivers and coastlines as well as transport corridors, but landclass it is nonetheless and seems to call up the Global textures without problem or conflict.  Nevertheless I look forward to the forthcoming Global LC regions,as it will be inevitably another step forward in scenery development.

ps, I do not believe that Orbx has an obligation to design specifically for UTX, it is after all someone else's product, and Orbx has commercial landclass coming soon.  It is a market place after all.

Great news. I don't see any clash with UTX at all on my system either, and I was looking! Took a ton of before/afters and everywhere I looked it almost looks like they were designed to work together.

It appears the vector lighting doesn't work on the UTX roads...

Archived