Darling Scarp W Australia

VH-KDK

Having not flown at all in Western Australia I decided to remedy the situation. Taking off in a heavy from Perth International this morning, I noticed a set of hills which could be worth investigating.

The ranges are called The Darling Scarp so Ant's T-28 was summoned to Gin Gin Airbase north of Perth for an exploratory flight.

1.o5cUV.jpg

Leaving Gingin and heading south east.

2.8TUsL.jpg

RAAF Pearce at Bullsbrook.

3.FH8d3.jpg

The Avon River valley in the Walyunga National Park.

4.jWl94.jpg

The outer suburbs of Perth include Brigadoon, Belhus, The Vines and Upper Swan.

5.AJ9uf.jpg

The Helina River Reservoir is in the distance. The 'burbs of Darlington, Glen Forest and Mundaring spread to the east.

6.Jo4FH.jpg

Perth Airport with Maida Vale in the fore. The CBD is in the distance.

7.Ub6d.jpg

The Banyowla Regional Park with The Boral Quarry, under the nose is a cement quarry and works.

Highway 4 passes through the area which is must be the best place in Australia as it is called Martin!!!!

8.ZE8bc.jpg

A quick diversion east to look at the Wungong Reservoir.

9.Y7V8.jpg

Near Mundijong.

10.psIFh.jpg

The Serpentine Dam is in the distance.

should sell shots to WA Tourist Board for use in advertising their big sandy state !!

great set

cheers stu

Nice stuff mate!

Cheers,

Derek

Super shots these mate.

cheers

Iain

Great area to explore in , your shots really show off this very scenic part of W.A. 

Brad

Very nice shots Martyn with a great looking aircraft

Thanks everyone for your comments and interest.

Nice work in naming all those places when it's even the first time to go there!

Great shots and narration as always Martyn!

Thank you for your comments, just too many interesting places to go in the ORBX world and not enough time.

Enjoyed these shots very much, and esp notes on where and what you were seeing.   I've just started exploring WA myself, starting at Broome.

Fantastic shots as always Martyn !!

Adam

Thanks Gents. So much to see in this corner of the world.

Great set, fine tips to explore too!

Great set of shots. And, even though I have been flying some time around beautiful Perth, I have not been at 7 out of your 10 shots - so thanks for the work you give me!

Great shots Martyn - if you haven't already, make sure you download our freeware Cunderdin and Busselton. Both are a relatively short flight away in the Trojan.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks for the comments. I have downloaded the 2 freeware airports, cheers for reminding me.

Archived