ORBX Optica

Adam Banks

I decided I liked this bug-eyed oddity after all! So ... I had a bit of fun with it - taking a few ORBS/FTX liberties along the way!

Posted Image

Posted Image

NZ regos don't go to 4 characters, so had to plump for ZK-FTX instead!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If anyone wants either of these, I'll parcel them up properly and put them on OzX. What about a VH variant?

If ORBX objects to me appropriating their branding, please say so and I'll remove these pics and won't distribute the repaints.

Adam.

@John (Venema) ... I can't PM you for some reason, so here we go in public (!):

As a (sort of) thank-you, I've created a pair of repaints for the Edgley Optica. Both have ORBX/FTX branding, so I thought I'd better run it past you. I'm an ex graphic designer and used to be pretty anal about use/abuse of other people's logos or I.P.

Let me know your thoughts on this. They currently only live on my local PC and I've no intention of doing anything with them until I hear back. I'm also quite happy to remove the 5 pics I've put up if you say there's a problem.

Adam.

Well ... I have the 3 repaints all zipped up and ready to go ... but no-one at ORBX seems to want to respond - and I can't seem to be able to PM anybody. I've also posted a plea in other areas of the forum. Are they all on a well-earned holiday?

Well ... I must say I'm getting a bit "miffed" about this!

I've asked repeatedly in this topic - and tried to PM someone - *anyone* - at ORBX, but no-one is able to receive PM's. How on earth do I actually get in touch?

Here's me, trying to do "the right thing" by asking ??? I wonder why I bothered. :wacko:

Adam.

perhaps you should try a post in the "General Discussion" part of the forum?

I tried that - but can't find the topic now. I'll have another try there. Any more of this and I'm pulling the files and removing the pics.

Adam.

Great shots Adam.

Like the paint job too.

I tried that - but can't find the topic now. I'll have another try there. Any more of this and I'm pulling the files and removing the pics.

Adam.

Please dont pull the shots off yet as frustrating as it must be.

Sorry mate,

we have just been a bit busy with other things as you may have noticed.. it is a wonderful paint job, please by all means, we'd be honoured to have you release that

(On a personal note, can you please also upload to http://aussiex.org ? I would really appreciate that :) )

Ha! I gathered as much! I was sort of hoping NZAA and NZQN were the reason, but I can wait :lol:

Thanks for the reply/approval - much appreciated! I'll do the AussieX upload dance shortly. It's the *only* place I upload my repaints to. Fantastic site and a tremendous resource for us simmers. I'll pop a note here when it's gone up and approved at AussieX.

Thanks,

Adam.

P.S. Just saw your note, John - many thanks! And best of luck with Wales, sales (*awful* pun - sorry!). I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of very tempting screenshots on this forum!

The repaints have now gone up to OzX - yay!!! I think JK has to approve them first, so this link may not work:

http://aussiex.org/f...-orbx-liveries/

Jay - I may have uploaded it to the wrong section. Had to stick it in the pacific region but it has a UK livery in there as well.

Many thanks to ORBX - and to all patient readers of this topic. Sorry if I got ratty!

Adam.

The repaints have now gone up to OzX - yay!!! I think JK has to approve them first, so this link may not work:

Adam.

Hi there Adam, I would love the repaints, they are great, as I fly it quite a bit.

Would you by any chance be able to do one with the rego ZK-KTY. ::) Pleeeeeease.

Hi there Adam, I would love the repaints, they are great, as I fly it quite a bit.

Would you by any chance be able to do one with the rego ZK-KTY. ::) Pleeeeeease.

Hi Roger! But of course - any particular colour? It's funny, I thought I'd hate the Optica (as I have a pathological hatred of helicopters - and it looks a bit like one!) but I really like it! Loved your cockpit, BTW!

Adam.

Hi Roger! But of course - any particular colour? It's funny, I thought I'd hate the Optica (as I have a pathological hatred of helicopters - and it looks a bit like one!) but I really like it! Loved your cockpit, BTW!

Adam.

Thanks Adam.

Archived