I'm after hiding Orbx purchases from the wife tips

boetie

Get a VISA Debit Card from a Building Society/Credit Union. Put any spare cash in it until you have enough, then use it to purchase ORBx products. Open a Post Office box in a suburb away from your own and have your statements and deliveries to that PO Box. If you use your local Post office, they will divert all of your mail, so us another near by.

This is how I arrange theatre and travel tickets for wedding anniveries, birthdays and Christmas, so the wife won't find out and ruin the surprise.

im in full control of my credit card and being good with my money which she is not,i get to cut loose from time to time and i managed to build a new system for under to $2000 dollars charged to my credit card,and i can buy what ever Orbx products i want,because im in charge of the card,i never run my accounts down and there is always money there for the good and the bad times :)

How to spend your money on whatever you want:

1. Work out how much your combined expenses are over the year. Include savings.

2. Work out your combined income over the year.

3. Decide how much each of you needs to contribute every pay to meet your combined expenses.

4. Every pay, automatically transfer this amount into a joint account that is used to pay all your expenses.

5. Whatever is left over in your own account after covering your combined expenses plus savings is yours to spend how you want, no questions asked by either partner.

6. Enjoy the absence of endless bickering over discretionary spending. If she wants to buy new earrings, then that's fine. They are coming out of HER money. If you want a new Orbx scenery, BUY IT! It's coming out of YOUR MONEY.

There is no reason not to do this. Unless you really want a divorce.

Cheers,

Noel.

I say don't hide the charges. Just get a few brochures on getting a pilots license and the cost of renting or hangar fees from your local FBOs and leave them lying around on the coffee or dinner tables and let her talk you into just keeping it a sim hobby.

No need to hide. Let her pay for. Just try:

'I am bored off the FSX.I go to the Pub. Dont wait for me, could be late till I return.'

Then really go to the Pub, drink way too much and return late. Do this evening after evening till she orders new scenery ;)

Ask the credit Card provider to provide paperless (online) statements to your email address. note: remember the password protect your email. I find something really obvious for a apssword is effective like her date of birth. She may try yours but for some reason is unlikely to try her own. An advantage of course is you won't forget the birthday so there will be no aggravation then either.

Ask the credit Card provider to provide paperless (online) statements to your email address. note: remember the password protect your email. I find something really obvious for a apssword is effective like her date of birth. She may try yours but for some reason is unlikely to try her own. An advantage of course is you won't forget the birthday so there will be no aggravation then either.

In german we would say "two flies with one hit" - what is the english term for this? 8)

PS: This turns out to become one of the most teaching posts ever!

It was all good til then, showing her is a violation of the code, and you could forfeit your man card for that.

Sorry Shawn, what was i thinking! I pledge to NEVER let her lay eyes on this thread. Please forgive me

Option 1:

Discuss your need for continued financial support in regards to your hobby, as it captures your interest for many hours thus alleviating the need to go with Option 2.

Option 2:

Bury her in the back garden! :ph34r: ::)

SIDE NOTE: No wives were harmed in the production of this post! lol

Best regards

Mac

I learned a lot in this post!

Most interesting was that I learned that I have no problem with this topic:

1. We have separate accounts and a joint account to cover the costs of daily life expenses.

2. Credit card statements come to my personal email-account

3. I mostly have download versions

4. If I want to "introduce" a piece of new hardware I let my son (6 yrs.) play a bit and then if he is excited and tells his mother she can hardly be angry... (worked well with my new sound system)

5. Keep the spending reasonable in proportion to your income

6. I have certainly married the best of all! 8)

Archived