Orbx expansion plans and roadmap May 2012

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to see the first UK preview. :)

The Hampshire team having been showing us preview shots today, it is truly beautiful even without autogen. We're not quite ready to show it to the public yet, won't be long though.

Great I have been waiting for a long time to be able to fly around the beautiful scenery of my home land (Scotland) in proper detail.

^-^

can I ask if there is a list of airfields/airports that Orbx has planned to do in the UK?

I've never owned any Orbx products since I fly within Europe and know big airports are off the map, however I would love to see Edinburgh airport done..

UK2000 Edinburgh has served me very well, though I'd love to see my home airport in a different light.

I actually think Edinburgh is pretty accurate in UK2000 having lived in Edinburgh for almost 40 years and (still) making regular weekly trips there (and monthly to photograph at the airport).

I'd rather they concentrated on smaller fields where they can really go to town with it - as good as the likes of Melbourne in FTXAU is, it's not a patch on the smaller fields where I think their real skill lies.

That said, I'd also like to see them work with UK2000 to ensure that their airports will sit right within the new base scenery that's coming.

Thanks John,

It's great to hear that your business is doing so well. You are clearly addressing a need of the User base and will continue to excell as long as that continues. I finally tried MS Flight recently and was pleased to note that what you have done to FSX, out shines the graphic depiction of MS Flight ( in my opinion). I can't imagine any migration from FSX by serious Flight Simmers.

Congratulations on your HUGE success. You have a GREAT TEAM that I'm sure you are very proud of with good reason. In addition to your team, you have the support of a huge loyal following that will surely grow over time. As long as you continue to listen to this support base, you can't fail.

Sorry to hear about the recent health issues in your family, having personally dealt with cancer recently myself, I can understand your situation. I wish you and your family all the very best through these troubling times.

Regards, Paul

when are you guys going to do the channel islands jersey Guernsey and Aulderney airports because they are porley repersented in fsx and need the ftx treatment earth sim has done Aulderney but it is still not to the orbx standard and needs to be redone especially because there have been some improvements to the airport in the last couple of years and please do an trislander bn2B-3 as your next aircraft.

when are you guys going to do the channel islands jersey Guernsey and Aulderney airports because they are porley repersented in fsx

Hightman,

I think you may be mistaken on this...There is some stunning channel islands payware scenery available,I won't tell you who by for fear of breaking forum rules...Please just Google it.

Very exciting times ahead, and I can't wait to see to Orbx England... it will be truly fascinating to see what they do with our compact little country.

Best wishes to all the team... and to John; I hope those family health issues get easier.

John,

I want to thank you not only for your kind words but for the inspiration you have had to develop the brilliant and successful scenery for FSX. I remember meeting you at Sydney Rowers back in 2007 when you had not long started Orbx after successfully creating VOZ. I foolishly asked "So John, what do you do?" :-)

Congratulations and I look forward to being a customer for many years to come. Good luck with your expansion into Europe.

Cheer,

Paul Mc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fell off my chair when I read this post.

Having flown extensively from both Goodwood and Shoreham and living about a mile off the end of the runway at Goodwood this development is heaven for me - thank you ORBX! I wonder if my house will be within the detailed/airfield area?!!! ::)

A genuine offer to the dev team...If I can be of any help (photos, info etc...) please let me know. At the moment I don't have access to an aeroplane otherwise I could offer local recce flights. If this changes over the summer (and Olympics faff permitting) I'll let you know.

Just need a decent new computer now...

Regards,

how about invocargil airport in nz

Hello Hightman,

While we always appreciate future scenery suggestions, this is actually a thread in which we tell you what we are making, not the other way around, just wanted to point that out :)

The only scenery suggestions that get taken seriously by the development team are generally from people who can physically offer ground photos of a particular airport, as that is the part which is difficult for us to obtain

I suggest if you like our products a lot that you try some of our existing products: http://www.fullterrain.com/

Kind regards,

Tim Harris

Tim i own pnw and its great in fact i like it so much that i caint weight for us southwest and texas and chandler airport stellar air park and grand canyon national park airport can you give some idea when those scenery's can be expected .

thanks

hightman

p.s. i will try to take some photos next time i am at chandler airport and post them if i can figure out how to do that from a camera to the pc.

Tim i own pnw and its great in fact i like it so much that i caint weight for us southwest and texas and chandler airport stellar air park and grand canyon national park airport can you give some idea when those scenery's can be expected .

thanks

hightman

p.s. i will try to take some photos next time i am at chandler airport and post them if i can figure out how to do that from a camera to the pc.

Take a look again at Post No.1. That shows the roadmap and what is currently being worked on for 2012. They (ORBX) cleraly state 'no estimates' and that is what they mean. Prevents animosity when/if a stated deadline isn't met for one reason or another.

Excuse me people but just what is it about "No Estimates" for scenery you do not understand? ORBX will produce their outstanding scenery as quickly as possible without cutting any corners but that takes some time and rather than put out information for a release that for an unforseen reason can not be met always causes those who "want it now" to b**tch and moan. Even worse would be to rush a release just to meet some nefarious deadline set months earlier and have a product that is unfinished and buggy.

Since day one the word has always been 'it will be released when it is ready'. Patiience Grasshopper! ORBX will "Git r' Done"!

i never said i want it now i have not always been patient and am not wanting eny project to be rushed upon things just to be listened to and taken seriously and some times i fell like you guys just dont really listen to ideas and ved them. i just want them to say they will conciter doing chandler kchd and stellar and other Arizona airports in the future that is all I ask and can some body come up with a sp3 ns sp3a for fsx please

hightman

Hi Guys,

I have now got the whole ORBX FTX range and I think the road map is a fantatsic idea! One can now "pin drop" your next and up and coming projects with Google Earth. Its my way way of keeping track of these fantatsic products.

However, the only Bella Coola airport that i can find with your .kmz files that come with the regions -again a FANTASTIC product- have Bella Coola as CYBD and not CQBC as stated in your road map. Is there another Bella Coola Airport? I have been through all of your .kmz files and to no avail? Its the same with Sequim Valley.... Road map states KW28 and the .kmz file for Sequim Valley is W28?

Am i missing a .kmz file update somewhere?

Cheers and can not wait for the next big thing! Kudos to the whole FTX team!

Tim....

Hi Tim,

With Sequim... FSX knows it as W28, but in the real world it has had an update to the name since FSX was released...hence KW28, however Sequim (when released) will continue to be known as 'W28' to avoid any conflicts with the default FSX nav system.

And yes Bella Coola should be CYBD.. I have corrected both

Cheers

Tim

(oh and the KMZ we provide only uses the FSX naming for simplicity)

I agree, a few preview shots every day breaks down my resistance and has me yearning to spend my cash when it finally rolls around, not seeing preview shots leads me to go to dodgy Russian FS sites and download Eastern Bloc Airports and freeware Antonov Cargo planes that I can't understand how to read the guages on. please help. (actually some of that stuff is pretty good, maybe ORBX soviet union?)

Hello John, Orbx chappies and chap'ets

Just wanted to register and post my interest in the UK stuff. I really truly cannot wait for the UK stuff scenery. I must admit that it will be my first purchase from you guys. Oz, PNW etc all look abolustly stunning but I just cannot 'connect' with them due to location, PNW and oz just isnt good 'ole blighty!' and its too easy to get lost when not over the UK hehe. I cant wait to be able to fly local over the UK, esp if I can push and prod for local fields like Beccles/Ellough to be recreated.

Now I am rarely able to do this being with a fs company and normally being on the 'otherside' but I gotta ask anyway even though I am gritting my teeth doing itand realise how naughty it is,... any more info or dates on when we might expect anything, even a cheeky preview screenshot.

thanks,

Lewis

Archived