Orbx expansion plans and roadmap May 2012

Screenshots coming very soon, just placing housing, pubs and churches as autogen. Trees and forests done.

We don't want to show a half baked product but let me tell you that FTX England will stun you guys, it's that good and made by locals to boot.

Also had a great meeting with Darren and Vicki Vincent from EarthSimulations and we will be making a joint announcement with them soon.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screenshots coming very soon, just placing housing, pubs and churches as autogen. Trees and forests done.

We don't want to show a half baked product but let me tell you that FTX England will stun you guys, it's that good and made by locals to boot.

Also had a great meeting with Darren and Vicki Vincent from EarthSimulations and we will be making a joint announcement with them soon.

John, you have no idea how excited I am about this scenery for the UK. I've completely held back on buying any other scenery package for the UK purely because I really do know that this is going to completely blow everything else out of the water. I have a few pennies put away too ... wonder what they're going to be spent on!!! ;)

Really, really looking forward to seeing some screenshots!

Dave

Hello John,

Many thaks for the reply. I am really really really looking forward to whats coming and understand perfectly getting things just right before public promo/announcement. Great to hear you guys have talked to earth sims, too. The work those guys have done so far to the UK has been really good. Will be keeping an ear out for the announcement.

cheers,

Lewis - A2A

• 5 weeks later...

Having read this just now I must say I'm very curious about this region and the coöperation with EarthSimulations. Looking forward to the first preview screens and the announcement!

Excuse me people but just what is it about "No Estimates" for scenery you do not understand? ORBX will produce their outstanding scenery as quickly as possible without cutting any corners but that takes some time and rather than put out information for a release that for an unforseen reason can not be met always causes those who "want it now" to b**tch and moan. Even worse would be to rush a release just to meet some nefarious deadline set months earlier and have a product that is unfinished and buggy.

Since day one the word has always been 'it will be released when it is ready'. Patiience Grasshopper! ORBX will "Git r' Done"!

I humbly and respectfully ask you this one thing then.."who pissed in your Cheerios?" :-*

Gentlemen:

Being new here I just discovered this thread, its good to see what’s on the table and what is planned, but I would like to see Hawaii on the ORBX to do list. What do you think? (Your reply is much appreciated) I am also a member of Flightsim.com been there for while and we have an active poll running about Hawaii, it has been up for a week. If you would consider Hawaii for the future will you let us know? Meanwhile I’ll keep the poll running for 3 month’s to see how other members feel…

Here is the link, if your intrested in seeing what’s going on with this particlar thread.

http://www.flightsim...173-ORBX-Hawaii

Respectfully…

David…

Hi John, Hi Orbx Team members, Hi all forumers, supporters and customers.

I discover today this thread too (wink to sam hunter ;) )

First of all, i would like to saluate and thank the whole orbx team for their great work and their philosophy to always over-enhance the FSX base. You've done a marvellous job, given new directions and solutions to other producers with eye candy and quality sceneries.

The road map sounds good to me (even if i cant buy everything this year, some sceneries must wait for my money to grow ;) ) and i need patience to discover the new sceneries without asking every day "when will it be released?"

John, i hope everything is allright for you and your family, as you said you've got a good team around to create and manage the work that has to be done, humans and professionals. Take some time for you to take care of your family, at least and as you said, this is the most important.

So... 2007-2012... 5 Years... How will you celebrate it ? :P

I'm thinking about writing nearly November / December a great review for this 5th birthday (in french - sorry), talking about the beguining of what will probably be called in the future "the ORBX Saga" :D, talking about VOZ first, then the turn to ORBX, first sceneries on AU, detailled airport sceneries, then the NA, the "flow" systems, the NZ area, probably the UK one as it should be released before (therefor - i will do a complet test separatly!) and the road map. I think for every sceneries doing a mini review just to present each product (7 areas / 19 AU detailled airports / 20 NA airports / all the free stuff / the Lancair... perhaps i would better starting this job NOW!!!! :lol: )

This won't be a test (this is not what i've got in mind) but more a "folder" about what ORBX has made during thoses 5 years and how it has changed the way we enjoy FSX, the difficulties that the team (and so the customers) have encounter first, the talent and the availability of the developpers to resolve each issue. answer to folks like me on the half-billion topics that have been created... etc... etc...

I hope i will have enought time, enought strenght and that this job will be objective for thoses who don't know ORBX and will discover the team by reading the lines i will write...

Thanks again for all that have already be done and for all that you plan to do.

Amentiba, still a proud customer ;)

EDIT : and... what about IRELAND ? :lol:

...looking forward for the screenshots John!... btw, any update on when it might happen?

Gettin really excited about this UK scenery in the makin, im sold already without screenshots i know its gonna be top notch by this company, reason why i dont bother with other scenery anymore. Sure would like a peek at some screenies tho, its all too much i never thought Orbx would do Europe so soon let alone start with the UK. Im like a kid at christmas waitin for this haha.

Cheers

Jimmy

I just cant wait!

Everyday I'm checking this page for some long awaited screenshots, take my money now ORBX! ::)

know the feelin haha, its gonna be worth the wait tho :-).

Cheers

Jimmy

I just cant wait!

Everyday I'm checking this page for some long awaited screenshots, take my money now ORBX! ::)

know the feelin haha, its gonna be worth the wait tho :-).

Cheers

Jimmy

On my smartphone at the mo, hence the double post haha, silly me:-).

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

Great news re: Earth Simulations John! Really pleased to hear you'll be working together. I've been holding off buying anything further from them, pending your plans, but now Darren and Vicki can look forward to some of my cash as well... :)

Can't wait for ORBX UK in all its various parts. Hoping to see Brizzle (EGGD) featuring as one of the initial airports. Fingers crossed! :)

JV and team: I have installed the Earth Simulations Channel Islands scenery.

First in mesh and mesh resolution, landscape moulding and landclass representation it is very good.

However, their 3D buildings do not match the quality of yours, and some of the structures at airports are similar in intent to the real buildings but tend to be more blocky and angular than yours.

Hey Forostar, in the meantime UK 2000 has done a pretty good Bristol EGGD. Fortunately in Australia I can get real weather at the airport but not real temperature.

Bruce, Ian,

EGGD lays *claim* to being a good-sized airport... ;)

It's not really... I wouldn't say it's anywhere near the size of YBBN or similar sized fields. And as for what happens to it when there's fog. Don't get me started... :)

I do like the UK2000 version although I didn't see any mention on here of Gary Summons being onboard with Orbx's roadmap. I guess it would make sense.

Was going to ask about Northern Ireland but i took time and went back to your initial announcement of the UK series of Orbx sceneries back on Nov. 9 2011 and Northern Ireland looked to be after Wales and Scotland. Since we are told Wales would be early 2013 and then Scotland i would maybe thing late 2013 into 2014?

Just got back from Northern Ireland, born there and visiting my folks up North from Larne. Always wanted scenery for this part of the UK.

Thanks for the new project.

Very interesting, ...I had assumed from previous posts that Orbx were going to stear clear of areas that had been completed by ES.

Now the coverage map for FTX england opens up some possibilities, since we know ES are (were?) creating IOM to the same spec or greater as previous sceneries, which means highres ground photoscenery plus all we've come to expect from them... So will it be:

1. There will still be a standalone ES IOM product parallel to the one included in Orbx

2. ES version will be included as part of the Orbx product

3. ES will not continue their IOM project.

(2) is an interesting hypothesis given the imminent release of FTX england and the paralleled delay of IOM, because it may mean that FTX england would probably not be entirely based on landclass textures.......??

k

• 3 weeks later...

Great job on EU England. I must be missing something somewhere but all the marketing material for EU England says nothing about the "region" covering only about half of England. No Cornwall or Devon, Somerset, Shropshire, Yorkshire etc etc. In the PDX instruction guide it refers to the whole of England and all default FSX airfields in England modified etc.

My question I suppose is how many more "regions" do you intend selling at $40 a pop to give us all of England never mind Britain.

I think the release of EU England was a little short on detail. You refer to Google Maps which again show the whole of England.

This is not a complaint just a puzzled question. How many "regions?"

Mike Croudson

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the quick response. No I still do not understand. I have downloaded FTX EU England. It covers only about half of England. You are saying it covers all of England. Maybe I am mis-communicating. Let me ask again, should I have all of England? Because I only have about half - the central area basically. I am trying to figure out how I can send you an image of the area I have.

Mike

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the quick response. No I still do not understand. I have downloaded FTX EU England. It covers only about half of England. You are saying it covers all of England. Maybe I am mis-communicating. Let me ask again, should I have all of England? Because I only have about half - the central area basically. I am trying to figure out how I can send you an image of the area I have.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Seems like you just might be amiss with your install. Can you create a support post along with a screenshot over at the Payware Support Forum here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/15-full-terrain-experience-ftx-payware-support-forum/

You can post a screenshot using the instructions found here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers,

Greg

Archived