Introducing MSFS Global Trees HD for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

6645a9ba56dd1.jpg

Introducing MSFS Global Trees HD for Microsoft Flight Simulator, from the talented indie developer, Dmytro Krykunov.

The MSFS Global Trees HD project completely replaces all standard vegetation with high-quality specimens, and also modifies biomes, making them more vibrant and diverse. Now, each biome has its own unique vegetation, adding new levels of realism and aesthetic delight to the gaming world.

The program that comes with the MSFS Global Trees HD project is designed to manage project data, specifically for changing vegetation seasons and replacing standard grass with six new options of choice.

At a glance:

• Completely replaces all default vegetation with high-quality ones
  • Adds the ability to change vegetation seasons
  • Adds the ability to replace the default grass with six new types of grass
  • Biomes have also been reworked so that specific vegetation appears in certain biomes
  • Software is available for changing the vegetation season and grass type

74S-Preview-1920x1080-2.png

74S-Preview-1920x1080-6.png

74S-Preview-1920x1080-3.png

• Like 9

3 hours ago, AndyWsays said:

How does it compare with Rex Accuseason?

Rex Accuseason - does not change the default vegetation models to high quality tree models. Also MSFS Global Trees HD adds new regional vegetation models. As an example, many eucalyptus and shrub species for Australia.

AU-001.gif

AU-002.gif

AU-003.gif

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dmytro Krykunov said:

Rex Accuseason - does not change the default vegetation models to high quality tree models. Also MSFS Global Trees HD adds new regional vegetation models. As an example, many eucalyptus and shrub species for Australia.

AU-001.gif

AU-002.gif

AU-003.gif

It is looking good. Looking forward to more news on release date 👍💷

• Like 3

On 7/6/2024 at 4:23 AM, Dmytro Krykunov said:

Baja California deser

Tropics

How deep did you go into LATAM?

Is all the region covered?

• Adds the ability to change vegetation seasons
  • Biomes have also been reworked so that specific vegetation appears in certain biomes

Do this mean that in Central America we are not going to see orange trees during Autumn, as well as in other regions where this doesn't happen?

• Adds the ability to replace the default grass with six new types of grass
  • Software is available for changing the vegetation season and grass type

Very interesting

Is this better that Rex Accuseason?  Does it do the same?

If yes, I guess they are not compatible...

Thanks in advance

I can't see the pictures linked either.

Cheers

Carlos

I am confused!

I want to buy the HD Trees for MSFS but cannot find the product for sale.

Is this a pre-release announcement or am I missing something in my efforts to purchase better trees?

As this product seems to conflict with the changes Rex Accuseason implements, we would presumably have to deactivate or uninstall Rex. Will this program automate the seasonal changes in vegetation, or do they need to be set manually?

On 7/8/2024 at 5:31 AM, carlosqr said:

Is all the region covered?

On 7/8/2024 at 5:31 AM, carlosqr said:

Do this mean that in Central America we are not going to see orange trees during Autumn, as well as in other regions where this doesn't happen?

All regions are covered and unique biome-specific vegetation is added. You won't see orange trees in the equatorial region in autumn. The transitions of the seasons are very smooth. The seasonal temperature fluctuations of each season were taken into account when customising the vegetation in the biomes.

Rex Accuseason - does not change the default vegetation models to high quality tree models. Also MSFS Global Trees HD adds new regional vegetation models.

MSFS Global Trees HD is not compatible with Rex Accuseason as the tree models (vegetation) have been changed.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wolfko said:

For those who can't see the pics, try another browser. Maybe it will work then.

Pics all show up for me now!  Didn't change browser but thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's really very interesting, but what happens between the seasons? Will there only be a few trees with autumn colors at the beginning of fall, for example?

1 hour ago, pezi said:

It's really very interesting, but what happens between the seasons? Will there only be a few trees with autumn colors at the beginning of fall, for example?

I think you're expecting a little too much from the MSFS coding... 

Hello,
straight from the developer:

"MSFS Global Trees HD is not compatible with other addons that adjust vegetation (Bijan Seasons, rex_accuseason, str1kestudioz-nztrees)"

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AndyWsays said:

I would be grateful if some clarity would be offered for a release timescale.  Are we looking at days, weeks or months to eventual release?

Do you want a hardly tested, lightly tested or fully tested product? If we are all happy with a partly tested product, complete with errors, then it can be released tomorrow. But we would need to have a poll I guess. 

4 hours ago, John Dow said:

Do you want a hardly tested, lightly tested or fully tested product? If we are all happy with a partly tested product, complete with errors, then it can be released tomorrow. But we would need to have a poll I guess. 

Obviously a product ready and sufficient for the market pal. Also ideally one that is only revealed relatively close to when it is ready.  Now, back to my question please.  If the answer is months then so be it. It’s a reasonable question.  

Edited by AndyWsays
To be clearer.

This looks good! :) Looking forward to try this out! 👍

Are you keeping all the default biomes? For example <BiomeRule name="deciduous" and <BiomeRule name="conifer_cold". 

I'm aksing because I use these two in my sceneries and since Accuseason for some unknown reason decided to remove the deciduous biome I can't use that product anymore.

Photogrammetry trees are entirely separate from the MSFS trees. So the answer is no as far as I know. Maybe Asobo will eventually figure out an algorithm that removes trees from the PG but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

4 hours ago, RobC said:

Will this work in photogrammetry? If so, does it do anything for the blocky-looking trees rendered using photogrammetry? 

If you give me a specific place to check I'll go have a look.

9 hours ago, Agera1204 said:

Orbx YBCG?

As I thought PG needs to be turned off if you don't want to see it.  Global Trees replaces the MSFS trees themselves and looks really good.  It can't replace a PG tree on its own.  Since PG is streamed over the internet I don't see how any outside program could override it.  Does PG really add anything to the YBCG area?  If not it only takes a few seconds to turn it off.

Here's YBCG, same spot with PG on and off.

On

image.thumb.png.33e8a2ff6dd820ae90a89cd013d3cf04.png

Off

image.thumb.png.ff99048ad2034bac2c3f1a8d705a6d31.png

Took another look with PG on and off near the downtown area.  PG does make the vegetation look more dense and detailed overall but I don't like the melted looking buildings.  Comes down to personal preference.

Here it is with PG on and off.

On

image.thumb.png.144aee668f00bdd8bc11a8c3a341ca89.png

Off

image.thumb.png.9ae5d6c4993bc58c4f9415571b80edaa.png

5 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Mmm interesting as I would not turn off my photogrammetry. I believe it must be clearly advised on the product page.

Not necessary. Add-ons are not related to photogrammetry in any way, they have no control over the PG trees. PG trees are not trees as such, they are 3D objects created by Bing imagery. Where PG objects are applied to the scenery, they overwrite the MSFS vegetation. If you turn off PG, you will see the MSFS trees, and in the case of HD Trees, the updated version of those same trees. 

At any time you have the choice of the HD Trees based on the Asobo vegetation data, which may or may not be ideal, or the PG objects which appear as melted shapes when close, or reasonable representations from a distance, which is about the same distance as legal VFR flights. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 4:27 PM, DunRingill said:

This looks good! :) Looking forward to try this out! 👍

Are you keeping all the default biomes? For example <BiomeRule name="deciduous" and <BiomeRule name="conifer_cold". 

I'm aksing because I use these two in my sceneries and since Accuseason for some unknown reason decided to remove the deciduous biome I can't use that product anymore.

Hi again! :)

Will these two biomes still be present in the '10-asobo_biomes.xml' file after I install this texture addon? @Dmytro Krykunov

4 hours ago, DunRingill said:

Will these two biomes still be present in the '10-asobo_biomes.xml' file after I install this texture addon?

Yes, these biomes are present in 10-asobo_biomes.xml. The program also allows you to set default biomes that use new vegetation.

23 hours ago, John Dow said:

Not necessary. Add-ons are not related to photogrammetry in any way, they have no control over the PG trees. PG trees are not trees as such, they are 3D objects created by Bing imagery. Where PG objects are applied to the scenery, they overwrite the MSFS vegetation. If you turn off PG, you will see the MSFS trees, and in the case of HD Trees, the updated version of those same trees. 

At any time you have the choice of the HD Trees based on the Asobo vegetation data, which may or may not be ideal, or the PG objects which appear as melted shapes when close, or reasonable representations from a distance, which is about the same distance as legal VFR flights. 

Thank you John

But I am not sure I understood correctly so I hope you don't mind me asking

If I purchase the product and have PG on, it will work fine?

I understand it won't look nice only if there are PG trees... or will the HD trees will overwrite those?

Thanks in advance and sorry if you made it clear and I'm not getting it, it's just that I do want this product just want to be sure it will work fine with PG on

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 2

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Thank you John

But I am not sure I understood correctly so I hope you don't mind me asking

If I purchase the product and have PG on, it will work fine?

I understand it won't look nice only if there are PG trees... or will the HD trees will overwrite those?

Thanks in advance and sorry if you made it clear and I'm not getting it, it's just that I do want this product just want to be sure it will work fine with PG on

Cheers

Carlos

Hi

I wouldn't worry too much.  The product will work with PG on just the same as it does now, and the HD Trees will still be there.  As is the case now, if an area such as a city has PG applied by Asobo/Bing, the PG so called trees will take over, just the same as the melted buildings take over the default boxes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1