This Week's Meaningless Topic (#184) (March 15)

Hi all. Recently, I've been gratefully thinking of kind people who have helped shape my life. The Boss, the foremen, the advisors, the relatives, the fellow clergy and the parishioners, my wife, Nick Cooper and this Forum bunch. In each instance, those folk's kindness has made my life better and helped me be a better man. I celebrate them, and that, of course, leads to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  Celebrate the good folks whose kindness has made your life better and helped you be a better man.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

According this, I have to thank in first line all the bad people who have crossed my path in life,

because I did everything in my power, not to become like them

and of course all the good ones, that i have met, which have been exemplary people.
My fathers guiding principle was always  "boy, go the golden mittle way",

today i know exatly what he ment.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

My mother and grandmother felt strongly that a male presence was very important for a young boy who was an only child and who had lost his father at age two.  That presence was filled by my grandfather; after my father's death Mom and I moved in with the grandparents.  But then came Dad.  Mom accepted an invitation for a date from Charlie, A young man she met at work.  Charlie and I hit it off right away.  March 22, 1958 he married Mom, (I was almost 10 y o)) and now I had a Dad, too.  I was lucky to have two wonderful men in my life growing up.

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Shirley you didn't believe that. 😄

My parents and grandparents had a big influence on me as well as some neighbors that help guide me.

That sounds more like you Adam.

And don't call me Shirley.:lol:

cheers

Gumby

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

My parents, uprooting our life and moving to a country where their kids had a future. Forever thankful. Hope I've done them proud :)

Cheers 

Graeme

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Dr. Vishnu Bhatia was a great mentor to me in college, then became a rescuer in my worst times. I've never stopped being grateful that he was a part of my life, and I've tried to use authority as well as he did to help others.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

My parents for sure. Mom's wooden spoon and Dad's explanation's of the wooden spoon's connection to my bum:o:unsure:.  I think I need a ...r , ah never mind. They "reared" me right I think, no for sure they did. Thank you Mom and Dad I love you and R.I.P.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

My parents especially my mother as my dad died young. Since my interest in flight simulation 2 gentlemen who led me in the right direction in airport design and took the time to make my projects better - Al Gay from Flight Ontario and Neil Hill. Unfortunately both are no longer with us but I still hear them when I am designing an airport.
Larry

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, larryisenor said:

My parents especially my mother as my dad died young. Since my interest in flight simulation 2 gentlemen who led me in the right direction in airport design and took the time to make my projects better - Al Gay from Flight Ontario and Neil Hill. Unfortunately both are no longer with us but I still hear them when I am designing an airport.
Larry

Spent a lot of time at Neil Hill's house pouring over scenery creation up in Lynnwood, WA   Miss that guy!

• Upvote 5

My parents of course - though some say they have a lot to answer for ;)

Many others too but I'll just mention one friend, sadly no longer with us.

Phil Southall.

None of you will have heard of him of course but he introduced me to the pleasures of exploring the 'great outdoors'.

All the best,

John

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/16/2024 at 2:12 PM, BradB said:

I had trouble with that link Rodger (unsecure) ?? . Maybe this one will work https://msfs.breincorporation.com/

14 minutes ago, John Burgess said:

My parents of course - though some say they have a lot to answer for ;)

Many others too but I'll just mention one friend, sadly no longer with us.

Phil Southall.

None of you will have heard of him of course but he introduced me to the pleasures of exploring the 'great outdoors'.

All the best,

John

I'll have to add my Dad gave me a great appreciation of pipe bands. Just watched the NZ pipe band championship live on YouTube yesterday :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2