This Week's Meaningless Topic (#157)(Sept. 8)

Hi all. One of the hardest things about writing a book is coming up with a title. My own books' titles, ROORD: To War in a Rubber Duck; Tales of BOO; and Me and Earl, are good examples of bad examples. I'm sure you can come up with something much better, hence this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What would be the best title for your autobiography?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

Now henceforth known as -  'Spud"  - as his avatar :rolleyes:

Very intuitive John. As a kid in primary school (I must've been 10 or 11) someone gave me the nickname of Spud. It was a play on my surname (Tait). 

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

Often miss understood... (and not I am from Cider country...😁)....

Doh, my brain is all over the place, writing gibberish...got hospital Monday, been a whirlwind week with tests and examinations, planning for the worst but hoping for the best...

I meant to write

Often misunderstood, and not because I come from Cider country (West Country)...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Doh, my brain is all over the place, writing gibberish...got hospital Monday, been a whirlwind week with tests and examinations, planning for the worst but hoping for the best...

I meant to write

Often misunderstood, and not because I come from Cider country (West Country)...

We'll be wishing you well with the tests and stuff, Wayne. Keep us informed!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, wain71 said:

I meant to write

"Ohh  - aargh" - it be the scrumpy soider then ?

Edited by John Heaton
  • Haha 5

On 9/8/2023 at 6:05 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

We'll be wishing you well with the tests and stuff, Wayne. Keep us informed!

none the wiser after todays visit Rodger, have to back for MRI, ultrasound and camera investigation, Consultants words after examination were 'well somethings not right in there, GP was right to refer you'....so after a week of worry I now have more waiting, guess I am at least in the system though.....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

none the wiser after todays visit Rodger, have to back for MRI, ultrasound and camera investigation, Consultants words after examination were 'well somethings not right in there, GP was right to refer you'....so after a week of worry I now have more waiting, guess I am at least in the system though.....

Talk about a holding pattern. We'll sit and wait with you, Wayne, hoping for good news.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Now you have the consultant's attention hopefully you will progress at a more rapid pace through the NHS, Wayne.

Thoughts are with you.

Just back from holiday myself so catching up.

Tough question this week.

Aussie123 already mentioned the importance of a successful relationship with 'she who must be obeyed'. My contribution is along similar lines.

So, gentlemen, fill your lungs, think Frank Sinatra, and belt it out:

'I did it HER way'

All the best,

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3