A couple from the Red Centre of Oz

Just three  quick ones of the centre of Australia - Alice Springs. For those who haven't visited there as yet, you can see why its called the "Red Centre" 

Don

Alice Springs - herself

501352837_MSFSAlice1.thumb.JPG.c9a1ef1dd36672dc7d4bbcb994574069.JPG

MS have done a great job with the scenery

1484519285_MSFSAlice2.thumb.JPG.1205ea37d22216aacf8e8a4f96c47097.JPG

734344433_MSFSAlice3.thumb.JPG.c5b64c7bc7e33cd84513391582521d61.JPG

I'll post some more after I sort out my control issues, in the meantime enjoy.

Don

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Sorry Don but got to ask are these just default MSFS shots.

cheers 

Iain 

Just a question Iain, did I see somewhere that Orbx helped in the MSFS Australia update or did I imagine it?

From what I understood we could show images from Australia but it would be helpful to verify this.:unsure:

Also we can take a screenie from anywhere if a partner's plane is being flown?:unsure:

It would be good if you can clear this up.:)

Thanks

Martyn

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Just a question Iain, did I see somewhere that Orbx helped in the MSFS Australia update or did I imagine it?

From what I understood we could show images from Australia but it would be helpful to verify this.:unsure:

Also you can take a screenie from anywhere if a partner's plane is being flown?:unsure:

Thanks

Martyn

+1 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Also you can take a screenie from anywhere if a partner's plane is being flown?:unsure:

Thanks

Martyn

Good questions Martyn!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Sorry Don but got to ask are these just default MSFS shots.

cheers 

Iain 

Sorry Iain, I took off from YAYE, and the pic's are from the close surrounding area, including   the city of Alice Springs, where the airport is located, which I thought was permitted. Remove them if you feel it necessary. Also, as Orbx is in bed with MS, (figure of speech:)), I feel a little leniency should be permitted, is it not a type of partnership Orbx/MSFS. Thanks.

Don  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Also we can take a screenie from anywhere if a partner's plane is being flown?:unsure:

Thanks

Martyn

Thanks Martyn, I think we all need this clarified, and just to add another point, we all like to post  pics  of where we have been flying to share with our friends here on the forum, so what's the point of MS developing these sceneries if we can't enjoy them and share. This has nothing to do with promoting a competitors product, most simmers here have MSFS and can access this scenery anyway.

Don   

Edited by Aussieflyer38
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Thanks Martyn, I think we all need this clarified, and just to add another point, we all like to post  pics  of where we have been flying to share with our friends here on the forum, so what's the point of MS developing these sceneries if we can't enjoy them and share. This has nothing to do with promoting a competitors product, most simmers here have MSFS and can access this scenery anyway.

Don   

True but I suppose this is an Orbx forum so they would like to promote their and their partners products.:unsure:

Anyway we shall see what Iain has to say.:)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks

Martyn

Yes chaps my bad i forgot that one about the Australian update, Thank you for reminding me Martyn so thats ok.

Yes regarding a partners plane as long as you can see the plane and make it out not just a small piece of the plane that you can not make out what plane it is.

cheers

Iain

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Don   

Yes Don we have relaxed the screenshot forum and screenshot contest rules a good few times since MSFS came along, At the end of the day these are Orbx forums and here for you to post your great shots showing Orbx or Partner products available from OrbxCentral here.

This has been asked many times before and its got the same answer, 

cheers

Iain

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Sorry Iain, I took off from YAYE, and the pic's are from the close surrounding area, including   the city of Alice Springs, where the airport is located, which I thought was permitted. Remove them if you feel it necessary. Also, as Orbx is in bed with MS, (figure of speech:)), I feel a little leniency should be permitted, is it not a type of partnership Orbx/MSFS. Thanks.

Don  

Don my fault i asked about your shot its accepted, I forgot about the Australian update and what had been said.

cheers

Iain

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Yes chaps my bad i forgot that one about the Australian update, Thank you for reminding me Martyn so thats ok.

Yes regarding a partners plane as long as you can see the plane and make it out not just a small piece of the plane that you can not make out what plane it is.

cheers

Iain

Many thanks for the clarification Iain.

Any chance of putting this in the MSFS screenshot rules? :)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

True but I suppose this is an Orbx forum so they would like to promote their and their partners products.:unsure:

Anyway we shall see what Iain has to say.:)

I've seen Iain's reply and very happy with that, but just a point, wouldn't you think that MS would be  clarified as a partner seeing as Orbx works/assists with them.

Don  

• Like 2

On 8/7/2022 at 8:17 AM, Aussieflyer38 said:

I've seen Iain's reply and very happy with that, but just a point, wouldn't you think that MS would be  clarified as a partner seeing as Orbx works/assists with them.

Don  

Good point but I suppose they would have to be listed as a partner on Orbx Direct.:unsure:

• Like 1