Courchevel XP

andiflyit

Hi all,

just did the final update to 11.55 in my XP and this after more than a year. :o I am really a lazy person....:)

And indeed with the Vulkan graphics I get a few frames more out of it , it's good.  And I have my Xvision back now

and am playing around with the lua script for the environment. I can do that for some more time I guess...

This here at Courchevel is of course the Orbx scenery and frames were a bit low before, it's now over 30.

Tkawwvx.jpg

Twinotter in the nosedive...terrible, I know! :)

iTEZJsQ.jpg

Thanks a lot for viewing!

Cheers

Andreas

• Like 7

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Too hot for you mates in EU , stay cool Andreas and keep on posting great shots . >:D:D

Thanks a lot John, the EU mates always try to do their very best. This does not always work but sometimes. :)

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Glad it had gone well with your update Andreas as can be seen by this mighty fine pair of images.:)

Thank you Martyn, I think was worth to do it and now I have 2 good sims which will not need updates anymore. 

This is unbelievable fantastic! :)

7 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

A nice pair of Twotter images over the scenery here :) 

Landon

Thank you Landon! :)

7 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Great spot to test your landing skills, you can compare it with landing on Lukla in Nepal-Himalaya. Didn't you try to land the Twin Otter? It's best possible here.

At Courchevel I can land the Twin Otter and also the Bonanza in MSFS. But you have to watch what you do in every second...

This is great work of the real world pilots there who are responsible for the passengers they carry. A Twin Otter crashed a few 

weeks ago in Nepal with a loss of all 20 or 21 people on board. But it was not at Lukla, somewhere else.

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots Andreas. Now you just have to land on that strip! ;)

Thanks a lot Paul, glad you like it. :)  I did land it but no time to make shots, it's difficult. I will try again and press the "pause" button,

but it's difficult to go on if you pause it. :o Must be a continous flight in...

6 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Andreas. Tough landing strip though.:)

Thank you very much flyingleaf, sorry but I don't have your real name anymore. :) Yes, it's tough, I will practice to make it more 

easier so that I can do some good shots.

4 hours ago, Kodiak73 said:

Yeeee-haw, that looks like fun.

A couple of great shots Andreas, keep it up!

Thank you, yes, it's fun there! :)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice couple of images Andreas! :)

Thanks a lot Adam! :)

10 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice shots there Andreas, another great addition to the sim, I like the effects from Xvision, it's a great utility...

Thank you Wayne, Xvision is good, yes. There are some changes because of Vulkan now. No postproccessing anymore but if you 

use the FlywithLua it copies a script there and you can change all the parameters for the environment. I can change the sunlight 0-100, the fog and shadows 

of the clouds i.e. how much do the clouds darken the scenery on the ground. You can reload the script while in the sim.

And this is exactly what we don't have in MSFS.  

1 minute ago, andiflyit said:

Thanks a lot Adam! :)

Thank you Wayne, Xvision is good, yes. There are some changes because of Vulkan now. No postproccessing anymore but if you 

use the FlywithLua it copies a script there and you can change all the parameters for the environment. I can change the sunlight 0-100, the fog and shadows 

of the clouds i.e. how much do the clouds darken the scenery on the ground. You can reload the script while in the sim.

And this is exactly what we don't have in MSFS.  

I don't really understand how Xvision works, but I used the sets that came with it, one day maybe I'll try, not sure if this will still be needed in XP12....

On 7/18/2022 at 5:52 PM, wain71 said:

I don't really understand how Xvision works, but I used the sets that came with it, one day maybe I'll try, not sure if this will still be needed in XP12....

Xvision copies a few textures for the environment and the lua script to the sim. And you can adjust a few parameters in the lua script.

Of course you must have installed the plugin.

He will do a new version for XP 12 perhaps because they will only ship the sim with 1 environment setup as usual. 

• Like 1