Emmsie going to full fibre.

Well then chaps I'm moving to full fibre Internet tomorrow afternoon I have been with my old provider for donkeys years but only getting  62mbt download and upload.

The new full fibre job is a 1Gb download and upload and believe it or not saving me £30 a month so its a no brainer for me.

I think I should see a bit of an improvement with this I will let you know.

I remember the first provider I had 8mbt download and upload if I was lucky and a fair wind blowing up and down like a fiddlers elbow how things have moved on over the years.

cheers 

Iain 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Well then chaps I'm moving to full fibre Internet tomorrow afternoon I have been with my old provider for donkeys years but only getting  62mbt download and upload.

The new full fibre job is a 1Gb download and upload and believe it or not saving me £30 a month so its a no brainer for me.

Hello Iain,

I wonder if the recent cut in my rural service from a 37 Mbps connection speed to 27 Mbps was to allow yours to be faster? :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

I recently upgraded from around 40mbps to 150, such a big difference but still find that some places only able to let me download at around 15-20, I think Microsoft are the only ones that really take advantage but they will have the infrastructure for sure....do you remember when we had dial up?

• Like 3

Yes everything went great the engineer called me and installed it early took him less then an hour up and running no problem.

Did a speed test after he left 978mbts it will settle down in a day or so but I'm very happy with it.

cheers 

Iain 

• Like 4