Andorra airport-LESU

ikbenik

As I'm exploring Iberia after the recent WU8 and love to fly in mountainus areas, I choosed Andorra who is situated in the Pyrenees as ministate between France and Spain.

Orbx-partner Simultech has modelled the small airport 'La Seu d'Urgell - LESU'. Hereby some shots of a short roundflight in a Kodiak. As Microsoft/Asobo has as default enhanced this airport there is an issue that I have directed to Simultech --> double and shifted apron-, taxi- and runway lines that you can observe in the approach-shot.

Andorra-airport-LESU-Kodiak-1.jpg

Andorra-airport-LESU-Kodiak-2.jpg

Andorra-airport-LESU-Kodiak-3.jpg

Andorra-airport-LESU-Kodiak-4.jpg

Andorra-airport-LESU-double-groundmarkin

Andorra-airport-LESU-Kodiak-5.jpg

Andorra-airport-LESU-Kodiak-6.jpg

Andorra-airport-LESU-Kodiak-7.jpg

Remark: when deactivating the Microsoft/Asobo enhaced airport LESU(=indicate 'false' iso 'true' mode), then the result is a CTD of MSFS.

Edited by ikbenik
  • Like 7

I liked your shots so much I installed LESU myself and it looks great!   Strange thing is I don't see any double lines as you show in that approach shot.  I have the latest WU8 installed and haven't edited any files.  I looked in my Content Mgr and didn't find LESU there as default.  Do you maybe have a 3rd party freeware version installed?  Here's what it looks like for me.

LESU.thumb.jpg.895a2363f76c703a9f77b62ccddd3469.jpg

4 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

I liked your shots so much I installed LESU myself and it looks great!   Strange thing is I don't see any double lines as you show in that approach shot.  I have the latest WU8 installed and haven't edited any files.  I looked in my Content Mgr and didn't find LESU there as default.  Do you maybe have a 3rd party freeware version installed?  Here's what it looks like for me.

Hi Rob,

Well, I must say I'm very surprised that your config shows correct. I also have the WU8 correct installed, but confused by your remark that LESU is otherwise not present in the 'content.xml' file. Here is the line in my folder: <Package name="microsoft-airport-lesu-la-seu-d-urgell" active="true"/>.

And here the line showing the Add from Simultech :  <Package name="simultech-airport-lesu-seo-de-urgel" active="true"/>.

What I remark now is that the sequence isn't maybe correct --> I will try to put the Simultech-Add above the default, because currently in reverse sequence and that maybe is the cause of my issue. I will come back on this posting after a new flight. Thank you anyway for your remark.

Regards, Johnny

Edited by ikbenik

Sorry Johnny, I think I wasn't clear.  I did not edit the content.xml at all.  Never even looked at it.  I just installed LESU and went there to see and noticed I didn't have the double lines as in your approach screenshot.   Here's the section in my content.xml that displays LESU.  I left the entries above and below in place to show context.  

Now that I look at your content.xml entries it looks like you do have two instances of LESU.  I don't have the microsoft-airport-lesu entry at all.  Did that come from the Marketplace and not from Orbx?

<Package name="shunts-ycdr" active="true"/>
    <Package name="simultech-airport-lesu-seo-de-urgel" active="true"/>
    <Package name="simultech-airport-lspu-muenster-vs" active="true"/>

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Sorry Johnny, I think I wasn't clear.  I did not edit the content.xml at all.  Never even looked at it.  I just installed LESU and went there to see and noticed I didn't have the double lines as in your approach screenshot.   Here's the section in my content.xml that displays LESU.  I left the entries above and below in place to show context.  

Now that I look at your content.xml entries it looks like you do have two instances of LESU.  I don't have the microsoft-airport-lesu entry at all.  Did that come from the Marketplace and not from Orbx?

<Package name="shunts-ycdr" active="true"/>
    <Package name="simultech-airport-lesu-seo-de-urgel" active="true"/>
    <Package name="simultech-airport-lspu-muenster-vs" active="true"/>

Hi again Rob,

That you don't have LESU added as Hand-Crafted Airport from Microsoft is abnormal. The WU8(Iberia) consist of 4 so called Hand-Crafted Airports: LESU, LPPI, LFPR and LECO. Look in your Profile/Content Manager and check if World Update VIII is marked as 'up-to-date', this should be at the top of the successive updates/downloads for the current MSFS version 1.24.5.0.

See hereby a simular approach-shot after I now have correct modelled LESU-airport. To get this result I had to delete the by Microsoft added same airport. So only the modelling made by Simultech is visible now and works flawless.

Andorra-airport-LESU-correct-groundmarki

• Like 1

• 6 months later...