Screen shot Mining - Kalgoorlie W.A. - MSFS

BradB

23 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Very interesting shots here John. Is that rock wall actually blue like that, or is that just light and shade making it look that way? Also looks like a mean weather front was coming in. 

Landon

I’m not sure on the colors , first time in this area for me . 

Weird colours Brad.

Have you done google search for the 'Super Pit Kalgoorlie' ? Heaps of images there. Maybe the mesh is offset to one side?

I must say, having lived in Kal for many years, I have never seen a sky in any of the images like that? Is that a defect in MSFS or REX Weather Force?

Aussie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Weird colours Brad.

Have you done google search for the 'Super Pit Kalgoorlie' ? Heaps of images there. Maybe the mesh is offset to one side?

I must say, having lived in Kal for many years, I have never seen a sky in any of the images like that? Is that a defect in MSFS or REX Weather Force?

Aussie

Just a dynamic weather preset . 

On 2/18/2022 at 8:38 PM, Sniper31 said:

Very interesting shots here John. Is that rock wall actually blue like that, or is that just light and shade making it look that way? Also looks like a mean weather front was coming in. 

Landon

On 2/18/2022 at 10:31 PM, Aussie123 said:

Weird colours Brad.

Aussie

On 2/19/2022 at 2:50 AM, jean marc said:

a really nice tour Brad ! and a personal livery :)

...but well not my favorite kind of sky which is a bit "too much" IMHO... a kind of "witches are coming" sky ;) :lol:

On 2/19/2022 at 2:53 AM, adambar said:

Those are some dynamic shots there John, you know something we don't?  :huh::D

On 2/19/2022 at 8:18 AM, Stillwater said:

Quite the hole... and what a weather!

21 hours ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Nice pics. Bit more about the area and the hole here.  Cheers.

13 hours ago, boetie said:

Epic set John. Talk about dramatic!!

Cheers

Graeme :)

9 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great! You seem to like those dramatic clouds, John :D

Thanks all for your comments , I apprecate them .

John

26 minutes ago, BradB said:

Thanks mate !! .

my Granddaughter works in that pit - driving one of those huge trucks whose tyres are taller than she:D

Just for larks - and for aussie123 - 'another video as well to show another of our outback gold towns 

I took her for a flight some weeks ago ------ The weather was so much better :rolleyes:

Edited by John Heaton
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

my Granddaughter works in that pit - driving one of those huge trucks whose tyres are taller than she:D

Just for larks - and for aussie123 - 'another video as well to show another of our outback gold towns 

I took her for a flight some weeks ago ------ The weather was so much better :rolleyes:

That’s really something about your Granddaughter working there . This pit reminds me of the one in Butte  MT . USA

• Thanks 1

Well done John. Thank you

A very nice video. I particularly appreciate the low flight over the Kalgoorlie and Boulder centres after take off.

It is well constructed scenery for the airport, and the surrounds, with nice detail in the trees and dry foliage. The sky in the video looks familiar to me with the area having just an average of 11 inches (270mm) of rain in a year.

Thanks again.

Aussie

• Thanks 1