Approaching an island, a country and a continent

Stillwater

13 hours ago, Bullfox said:

Great set of shots!

Thank you, Fox!

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Yay! Another leg on Gerold's latest adventure! A flight over some interesting but oft seen scenery in the sim. Nice touchdown despite the rain in Australia!

Cheers!

Landon

Thanks Landon. I will surely explore the Indonesian islands once they look as we are used too from OLC or Papua.

The rain was not recognizable during flight or landing - imagine a real tropical storm in that phase...

10 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great post Gerold!!!!!!!!!  Looked like a long flight.

Thank you John. Not that long, just about 4 1/2 hours in the air.

10 hours ago, mikee said:

Beautiful shots Gerold :)

I miss my P3DV4-5 !! :( When i get a bigger Ssd disk i will go ahead and reinstall it  B) 

I am 100% Msfs2020 !!

Thanks Mikee. I think this is a good way to go, currently: P3D for the big iron (in altitude), MSFS for VFR. And still, it seems to me MSFS is lacking a good selection of planes, for the mentioned use the Carenado portfolio is too small actually.

10 hours ago, BradB said:

That's what I call a three bagger Gerold , good looking shots too . B):D

Thank you John. Now I´ll go lower & slower to find more flora and fauna of that continent...

And I won´t miss the undiscovered sceneries on my SSD: Brisbane v2 and Essendon v2.

2 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Gday Mate good to see ya again :D bonzer shots too by crikey :D

G´Day TT. I really forgot to greet the immigration officers in that appropriate way! There will be chances to correct that fault on the next legs ´cross that country...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very nice trip, Gerold. Oh, what is OLC Asia? Ok, ok, just kidding. :D:D

Btw, early next year another sim that you might have heard about, will get another upgrade. This time the developers will concentrate on Australia. Should be a blast and it's free! And you are able to fly the default A320 with its modifications by the community pretty realistically. Also the 747 and the business jets aren't too bad with their modifications. And as an added bonus you have an Asia that is much better than any OLC will ever be. This applies to the whole world. Ok, I'd better stop now. :)

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2021 at 5:28 PM, wain71 said:

hope to get some flying at the weekend to, just updated P3DV5 to .3 and just installing a discounted YMEN.....

Thank you Wayne. I did the same flying and installing, but now the weekend is already over again :o!

18 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Nice shots, and loved the journey from start to finish.  Interesting views in there.  Well done!

Thank you John. I like the variation between short and long distance flying, and here you get a variation in landscapes, too.

6 hours ago, boetie said:

Well done Gerold, great trip mate. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme. You see I come closer to you, virtually...

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Very nice trip, Gerold. Oh, what is OLC Asia? Ok, ok, just kidding. :D:D

Btw, early next year another sim that you might have heard about, will get another upgrade. This time the developers will concentrate on Australia. Should be a blast and it's free! And you are able to fly the default A320 with its modifications by the community pretty realistically. Also the 747 and the business jets aren't too bad with their modifications. And as an added bonus you have an Asia that is much better than any OLC will ever be. This applies to the whole world. Ok, I'd better stop now. :)

Thanks Bernd. Yes I have heard of other sims... And I tend to move to a double approach soon: P3D for study level planes, that new kid for low & slow. We´ll see...

• Like 1