Quite a long domestic flight...

Stillwater

... especially for a country that one would consider a small one. Usually KL730 starts in the evening and therefore is a nightflight. With an A330. But we are allowed to dream, so we get a day flight in a dreamliner. Getting ready in St. Maarten, Dutch overseas territory.

4kAJjQr.jpg

Welcome on board of our sunflower.

SMKIjjk.jpg

These planespotters can expect thoroughly dried hair in the next few seconds. Hope the clothes are carefully fixed.

6O7e11T.jpg

Don´t say there hasn´t been a warning.

K3okhnM.jpg

Here we go, and do not look back in the mirror.

WEWWr1s.jpg

Climbing out over Sentry Hill is a challenge for a fully loaded plane.

A75wJWt.jpg

Turning initially south over the island, before crossing the Atlantic.

33CuLOC.jpg

About 7 hours later. This is already land´s beginning. Some call it also Land´s End.

vSL3tOJ.jpg

London. Landing there would have made the flight international - and legally bring us out of Europe!

osUwD0B.jpg

But we start descend at the Thames windfarms...

y33bTJn.jpg

... heading into the beautiful European weather at the Hoek van Holland...

xTKqKpI.jpg

... crossing Den Haag...

EsjvuT8.jpg

... and - over Aalsmeer - turn into Schiphol. You can already see the runway ahead.

rUD3MKR.jpg

Or better here.

DiXLbaZ.jpg

Even better here.

UQXmih7.jpg

Now we are back in the Dutch mainland, ready for deboarding at Amsterdam.

2i1soHG.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots and a nice trip Gerold. Wonder if your passengers wouldn't enjoy a nice bun with a good schmear of Fish Haggis paste and an Amstel?:P:D

Oh no! Not the Haggis again.....

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, BradB said:

Thank God your flight was over fairly flat land Gerold , we don't want another "Mesh" fight breaking out . :):o:D

Thanks for your quick comment, John. You are right, there is no occasion to start a mesh discussion here - and for me not anywhere else as well...

13 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice flight Gerold, that's the joy of simming, we can have our flights to suit us.....

Thanks Wayne, in fact I even set the time back 2 hours before landing, to get better view of the rainy scenery.

13 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Nice shots Gerold.  Love the fence sign with the person blowing off. LOL

Thanks John. I wonder if that sign is there in reality?

11 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great shots and flight Gerold. although I had a hard getting past the second shot!!!!!!!!!

You may have gotten the caribbean virus. Come to Germany, there is no risk of light clothing these days.

9 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Another fun and interesting set of screenshots and storyline of your flight Gerold. I am enjoying your adventures :) Please keep up the fun stuff (not going to call it work ;) ).

Cheers!

Landon

Thank you Landon. This flight was indeed a bit of work: climbing out was not easy because of the hills directly after the runway and a sharp right turn in the SID. And landing in Amsterdam is not easy because of the complicated STARs into their 5 runways. The next flight will be more relaxed, and probably no adventure...

5 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots and a nice trip Gerold. Wonder if your passengers wouldn't enjoy a nice bun with a good schmear of Fish Haggis paste and an Amstel?:P:D

You never know what these huge commercial airlines present their guests next. But as far as I know KLM still is predictable. Just as the Mule team, but on a different level.

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Great set of shots Gerold! :)  To bad Fly Tampa doesn't do there St Maarten for MSFS. 

Thank you Adam. I did not know that, but Rome was not built in one day, as far as they say.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight Gerold!

My pleasure Paul.

46 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

I never thought about a flight from st. Maarten to Amsterdam being completely domestic.

Thanks for the insight Gerold.

I even wondered if there is the need for a passport control on this flight. Or how many litres of Rum you can carry - if it is considered domestic.