New Zealand airport Nelson - NZNS

ikbenik

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Great set!

Did you notice any FPS impact?

TTM

Hello TTM,

No not experienced any FPS drop. Not noticed compared to my other (many)addon's sofar. Remember the good advise to always clean the content.xml file and empty the sceneryindex.dat file by any change into your community-folder. That to avoid scenery-anomalies and sometimes CTD's. Let the Sim shows at its best and at highest FPS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ikbenik said:

Hello TTM,

No not experienced any FPS drop. Not noticed compared to my other (many)addon's sofar. Remember the good advise to always clean the content.xml file and empty the sceneryindex.dat file by any change into your community-folder. That to avoid scenery-anomalies and sometimes CTD's. Let the Sim shows at its best and at highest FPS.

Where does one find the 2 files to be emptied?

To date not something I have done.

I tried a freeware NZA airport, (Motueka), but it was pulling FPS down from 38 to 22 FPS. So I uninstalled it.

I will try your deletion suggestion & try Motueka again. I like NZA's stuff, Raglan is a cracker.

TTM

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Where does one find the 2 files to be emptied?

To date not something I have done.

I tried a freeware NZA airport, (Motueka), but it was pulling FPS down from 38 to 22 FPS. So I uninstalled it.

I will try your deletion suggestion & try Motueka again. I like NZA's stuff, Raglan is a cracker.

TTM

For detailled info: Look into the Support Forum>Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Forum --> for the same issues are already many postings, the essential hereby:

• Thanks 1

Great shots indeed!!! :wub:

But .. DRAT ... I hadn't realised NZA is a fully-blown Orbx partner ... which means I could have used NZNS in the screencomp (!!). Maybe next month!

It's a fabulous addon - and (reading the subsequent posts) I haven't noticed a huge FPS drop at NZNS - other than what you'd normally get from highly detailed airports. My worst cases have always been YBBN  and EGLC: beautiful looking but slow. I've always like slideshows, though, sokeep my sliders maxed out and watch the show!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Great shots indeed!!! :wub:

But .. DRAT ... I hadn't realised NZA is a fully-blown Orbx partner ... which means I could have used NZNS in the screencomp (!!). Maybe next month!

It's a fabulous addon - and (reading the subsequent posts) I haven't noticed a huge FPS drop at NZNS - other than what you'd normally get from highly detailed airports. My worst cases have always been YBBN  and EGLC: beautiful looking but slow. I've always like slideshows, though, sokeep my sliders maxed out and watch the show!

NZA have some superb Freeware offerings, which you can get from their site.

TTM

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2021 at 6:51 AM, TigerTigerM said:

TTM

Hi, We located a 'bug' in our model library which was causing NZMK - Motueka to tank on frames. We have since fixed this and you're welcome to download the 2.5 new model library from either Orbx or our website which will sort the issue out for you.

9 hours ago, HybridNZ said:

Hi, We located a 'bug' in our model library which was causing NZMK - Motueka to tank on frames. We have since fixed this and you're welcome to download the 2.5 new model library from either Orbx or our website which will sort the issue out for you.

Thanks for update.

I will try Motueka again & have another look at Nelson.

I was going to get Nelson in 9/21 but I assumed the FPS hit in Motueka would also be present in Nelson & therefore passed it up.

Both are excellent renditions of the airports.

TTM

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Fantastic set of shots. It convinced me to buy it too :)

Bernd

Highly recommend you get on their website & check out the freeware offerings.

Of equal quality to Nelson, & they give some interesting semi-rural destinations around NZ.

TTM

• Like 1