This Week's Meaningless Topic (#19) (Jan 16)

Hi All. This week, we are going to do a memory check--if any of us can remember back this far.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC: Back in the day when we were young and everything worked right, what parts of you first reacted to a pretty girl?

betty-grable

(1) your eyes bulged.

(2) your heart raced.

(3) your knees grew weak.

(4) your gut sucked in.

(5) you drooled.

(6) other (careful. Nick has red pencil poised).....

She doesn't hold a candle to My Babe. She was a 5'10" green-eyed strawberry blond. A finalist in the Miss California contest and a figure Miss America would die for. My greatest regret in life is that I let her get away. And after 63 years I still miss her smile, and her touch. I think of her every day. She's no longer with us but just the thought of her still makes all the parts work.

Archived