Is it possible to see TrueEarth ITALY in the future

6 hours ago, John Venema said:

Yes it is very possible. I have wanted to make TE Italy for some time. However we are doing another EU country at the moment.

Wow, that sounds exiting. I wonder which country it is. Any guesses fellow simmers?

I personally don’t understand the sense in doing a True Earth country which already has a region. You end up buying 2 products for the same place. Where’s the sense in that?

The only reason I still have the England regions, is because I’ve bought them. Granted it was a long time ago, but now I have bought a “newer” product True Earth England, I don’t use the English regions anymore. If Orbx brought out True Earth Germany any time soon, I personally wouldn’t buy it. Simply because I have only just bought the German regions.

They would do better if the new True Earth region was France, then you could fly a good part of Europe within a decent region.

Just my opinion.

I hope Italy comes soon. My wife is Italian and we've been there many times to both visit family and just go sight seeing. I'd love to be able to fly over all those places I've come to love.

Tigerclaw, I dont understand. Please correct me if I missunderstand your logic but to me for example region England is a completely different product from a TrueEarth product of England, one beeing photoreal and one beeing just landclass based repetetive tiles. To me its like night and day and I see absolutely no problem at all with a TE area where there is already a landclass based product. 

thats said I hope the new country is Norway, but most likely as you suggest Its Germany.

12 hours ago, Tigerclaw said:

I personally don’t understand the sense in doing a True Earth country which already has a region. You end up buying 2 products for the same place. Where’s the sense in that?

They would do better if the new True Earth region was France, then you could fly a good part of Europe within a decent region.

Just my opinion.

As Mikael Cedergren said above, the 2 products are night and day difference. One benefit of the new MS sim is that it is prompting Orbx to make more TrueEarth products which is great. I flew all around Scotland with the Landclass and am now doing it all again in true Earth. I won't even fly over landclass anymore except my homeland of Down under as there is yet no choice. I also find as with many other simmers once you have had a taste of VR a flat screen is dead going into the future. Orbx is the leading FS addon company and they will adapt to whatever the future brings and whatever sims become most popular. As for the current work John mentions, I too hope its Germany because I am living there

I agree with what you guys are saying, TE is indeed much nicer to fly over, especially for VFR. And yes I suppose BOTH have their benefits.

My point though, and this is only because I’ve been out of flying for some years now, I am way, WAY, behind with my product purchases. So I’ve been trying to catch up. I have only recently bought Germany, because LC products are way better than the default scenery. I’m pretty sure we can all agree with that?  Global is basic replacement for default, but LC products are a step UP from that, yes? REGIONS are another step up, with me so far? And of course TE is yet another step up. Maybe the TOP step?

I bought TE England because I’ve had England regions for years, and pretty much seen it all. But as I’ve only just bought Germany, I’d like to get some use out of it, before I throw it away so to speak. That’s why I personally hope it’s not Germany. Nothing to do with not liking Germany, or liking France better, but simply because with England done well, Germany (I’m assuming) also done pretty well, it would give us a very large European area with very nice scenery. My France is just Global right now, a region or TE would be better.

23 hours ago, Tigerclaw said:

The only reason I still have the England regions, is because I’ve bought them. Granted it was a long time ago, but now I have bought a “newer” product True Earth England, I don’t use the English regions anymore. If Orbx brought out True Earth Germany any time soon, I personally wouldn’t buy it. Simply because I have only just bought the German regions.

Just my opinion.

If at least the amount paid for the regions could be discounted to the TE products would be good, a sort of motivation to move to TE

Cheers

Carlos

I would like to have the chance to choose between Italy as a region or Italy TE

I am sure many people would go for Italy as a region ( seasons, land class preference, disk space etc) I'm 99% sure I'll be one

And those who defensively prefer the TE photo scenery.

The chance to choose is always important avoid at all cost the imposition. Like apple does, or is apple or is apple, so in my case NO apple.

Cheers

Carlos

On 5/31/2020 at 3:37 PM, DexyRed said:

I suspect Germany, given the assumption of a large market for it. Will be interesting to find out in due course.

I would bet is Ireland (& North one) so the have the islands complete

11 hours ago, aero-3fsx said:

Orbx is the leading FS addon company and they will adapt to whatever the future brings and whatever sims become most popular.

But one important thing that should never be forgotten is client's preference

A company may adapt to technology and whatever the future brings as you say but at the end is the costumer's interests which is priority/counts as he is the one who buys

For example if Orbx goes only X-plane then Orbx is gone for me as I don't like X-plane

If they only go TE it might be the end for me too  (as I enjoy land class a lot, I see devotion in this product)

They might gain many clients but also lose many others.

Land class is the distinction of Orbx above anybody else. Recognizable worldwide, this authenticity (root) can't be lost

Diversification is fine they can innovate and do all what they are doing but always keep their essence and level of quality 

Just my opinion

Cheers

Carlos 

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

But one important thing that should never be forgotten is client's preference

A company may adapt to technology and whatever the future brings as you say but at the end is the costumer's interests which is priority/counts as he is the one who buys

For example if Orbx goes only X-plane then Orbx is gone for me as I don't like X-plane

If they only go TE it might be the end for me too  (as I enjoy land class a lot, I see devotion in this product)

They might gain many clients but also lose many others.

Land class is the distinction of Orbx above anybody else. Recognizable worldwide, this authenticity (root) can't be lost

Diversification is fine they can innovate and do all what they are doing but always keep their essence and level of quality 

Just my opinion

Cheers

Carlos 

Agree with Carlos 100%!

Cheers,

Landon

• 4 weeks later...

As a XP flyer i would love to see Italy in True Earth. XP users do not have "Regions" that were made only for FSX/P3D so it would be most welcome and would not be a matter of choosing TE or Region or both mentioned by P3D users here. 

42 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

As a XP flyer i would love to see Italy in True Earth. XP users do not have "Regions" that were made only for FSX/P3D so it would be most welcome and would not be a matter of choosing TE or Region or both mentioned by P3D users here. 

Yes Jon, it is easy for us XP users, because we do not have the choice and we also don't have to bother about seasons.B)

On 5/31/2020 at 3:47 PM, John Venema said:

Yes it is very possible. I have wanted to make TE Italy for some time. However we are doing another EU country at the moment.

wow - the possibilty of a TE Venice is AWESOME. At the moment Verona doesnt even have its legendary amphitheatre - home of Verdi's Aida. Hope it happens

I cant even begin to imagine how demanding a Venice cityscape would be. It’s a really confined area with so much ai boat traffic, so many perfect buildings and so much water, I could see many a cpu melting under the load. I’ve never seen a sim version of Venice that even comes close.. other than the FS2020 previews of course 

On 6/2/2020 at 1:55 AM, Tigerclaw said:

Just my opinion.

Are you going to buy an iPhone 12 if you already have an iPhone 5?

And yes, I am eagerly looking forward to TrueEarth Italy.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:16 PM, W2DR said:

I hope Italy comes soon. My wife is Italian and we've been there many times to both visit family and just go sight seeing. I'd love to be able to fly over all those places I've come to love.

You're wife is Italian?  I guess I can dare say, you are enjoying anything from your wife's kitchen...right?   Lucky man.... :)

Archived