Flight in Ethiopia...a first taste ... and 2 new skins

jean marc

Here is a first taste of Ethiopia : flight in Gondar area (NW of Addis Ababa) ... and a few first shots from the Omo River area (south Ethiopia) meeting amazing native peoples

Flying with my first plane's skin almost completed  ...  I have to remove maybe some stickers from the plane heavily covered ... but I love all of them and I cannot decide which to drop :lol: it is like your children you cannot choose :P

Also I made a second skin yesterday evening - much less stickers covered ! some shots at the end - flying in northern Niger :

so 2 African planes to fly in Open LC Africa which is fantastic at low altitude O0

XzVXCQb.jpg

z7VptRy.jpg

nrPo74A.jpg

MKVS6T0.jpg

maps

Tqn40vN.jpg

FvFWx6f.jpg

Nvu8Kzg.jpg

many things to tell about this beautiful country ... a post to prepare next ...

SKTo6ru.jpg

YgNr1aZ.jpg

mHyOzjX.jpg

B6V0z4e.jpg

wtQo82n.jpg

Southern Ethiopia - Omo River - a full post in the future about this great area ... needs more free time to complete it B)

4WZYPji.jpg

Knh2S2m.jpg

Second plane skin :) For the Curtiss P-36 by VS

0evBc3e.jpg

Northern Tchad Near Djado plateau and Tadrart Rouge (Southern Libya & Alegeria) - 2 wonderful areas ...

FcIqqlq.jpg

PJMigL3.jpg

24YiAsk.jpg

XZ6hKEt.jpg

xH0xRmg.jpg

IjIMnS5.jpg

XZ6hKEt.jpg

FGXNzP8.jpg

M1kMzQ1.jpg

Many things in fact on each shots could be detailed : old rock art paintings sites, ancient forts (border), slave trade,  desert way of life ... sure the desert is not empty and only sand :) 

Happy flights

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great looking shots, people, fortresses, planes and liveries, Jean Marc.

It it always a pleasure to follow your posts.

Thank you Gerold - my pleasure :)

15 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Very nice post,  you culture man :)

The story of this country is so old ... more than 80 languages and native people cultures ! Amazing country O0 Thank you Carlos

14 hours ago, jankees said:

Oh dear, you've caught the paintbug....

Very nice!

A timeconsumming bug desease :lol: And I am still only a "stickers on skin" painter :P Glad you liked Jan

12 hours ago, Hauer said:

Wow! Superb series and presentation, Jean Marc.

Herman :rolleyes:

Many thanks Herman. It will be continued as so many places to visit and to show ... a whole continent ! O0

11 hours ago, TerribleT said:

What a grand collage - thank you!

I am a collage master  :lol: Thanks T !

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Well done once again Jean Marc! :)   great looking paint as well.

I love the rock art detail on the fuselage B) Thank you Adam - great place to fly !! O0

10 hours ago, BradB said:

You have been busy Jean Marc in your time in Lock-down , amazing post Sir . :D:o:(:)

very busy the last week-end and evening ... no TV or cinema ... but still working as for me no Lock-down (own business office at home - structural engineering studies - and always plenty of work to finish so not a holiday period >:(... just lucky to not need to sleep a lot B)

8 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Another brilliant presentation - the tapesty in your 'maps' caught me, thought it was the 'Bayeux' tapestry and wondered how it got in Ethiopia :)

Funny you comment as I just made yesterday a second variante of the plane with a new picture which was exactly similar to the Bayeux tapestry ... B) Here is a view O0 Thank you for your kind comment OND :)

I will post the texture skins on avsim ... if it is not too complex to do it - need to see

Ahh887P.jpg

WVl2is8.jpg

a kind of Bayeux tapistry ... from an ethiopian stamp ! 

yzJoJiR.jpg

0KZUE13.jpg

Okclt2V.jpg

M5gPwgN.jpg

p3gqGKk.jpg

rdF7xe8.jpg

QgE4hL0.jpg

DGz9oWq.jpg

O0

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Very well done again Jean Marc.

Always plenty to look at in these posts which must now take even longer to compile as you are painting you own planes!

That was the trick to again add some pictures and to take you longer in the post reading :lol: Very happy you liked Martyn :)

5 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Amazing liveries, Jean Marc. They already tell stories!

yes ... and torticollis to read all the story on every part of the 2 wings :lol:

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine post this.

thank you Iain

NB The last shots added are not from Ethiopia but from Niger - Massif of Aïr located north of Agadez - easy to go there from DRZI Iferouane :

All the mountains are a really beautiful place to fly - here are maps for any flight around :)

jClPvnV.jpg

wiLgOUL.jpg

wY6YxqN.jpg

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Always a great lesson in these posts Jean Marc.

Thank you very much Jack  :)  Ethiopia is a very interesting country with a long history ... unfortunately also with too many very poor people ... but the situation seems to improve slowly ...

16 hours ago, Dario said:

Splendid job, Jean Marc! Wow! 

Glad you liked Dario - great places to fly !! :)

20 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Love the copper look.

Thank you Ebo :) I love it too :lol: maybe the lower side of the lower wing is too covered but difficult to resist when you have beautiful stickers to not paste them :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, jean marc said:

The plane has been uploaded at Avsim : name 'avro_621_trainer_texture_et-afr.zip"  - 2 variantes O0

For information the original plane is available at sim-outhouse.com in the warbirds library 

31 minutes ago, jean marc said:

Thank you Ebo :) I love it too :lol: maybe the lower side of the lower wing is too covered but difficult to resist when you have beautiful stickers to not paste them :rolleyes:

I know the feeling!

Had to resist the urge too!

Archived