P3Dv5 PNW Impressions (Screenshot Heavy)

Bomber_12th

Thank you all for your replies!

Marcus, they are indeed default shaders. I've done nothing to the sim other than installing Orbx sceneries and addon aircraft. All of these shots were taken with the "Enhanced Atmospherics" turned on, as well as HDR lighting on - typically either 1.10 or .85 brightness (depending on whether I'm taking screenshots looking toward the horizon or when taking screenshots looking down toward the ground), usually something like .20 to .50 bloom, and always 1.00 saturation.

Jimmy, I have yet to run into any issues installing any addon aircraft except for A2A P3D aircraft, which just required deactivating/removing the windshield.dll file. I'm a big fan of Alabeo & Carenado products, so I have a hangar full of them.

Very impressive portfolio of shots & well composed to use EA & the angle of the light & sun position.

As regards the Alabeo/Carenado aircraft, did you do an install with product code, or a copy & pate out of P3D v4?

In your 1st 4 shots featuring water - how do you get the soap suds/scum effect??

Shot ll - the D18S over mountains shows an issue I have had which is the terrain is nicely lit but the aircraft  is darker than I would have got in v4.5.

Haven't figured that one out yet, but position of the sun is critical for getting the aircraft to 'shine'

TTM

1 hour ago, Bomber_12th said:

Jimmy, I have yet to run into any issues installing any addon aircraft except for A2A P3D aircraft, which just required deactivating/removing the windshield.dll file. I'm a big fan of Alabeo & Carenado products, so I have a hangar full of them.

Thanks John.  Got a bunch too.  I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.  Installing some of my aircraft now.

7 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

In your 1st 4 shots featuring water - how do you get the soap suds/scum effect??

The sea foam forms as the wind increases and the waves become more choppy as a result. I believe the water setting has to be at ultra, as I have it, and for those shots the wind was blowing at 20-kts.

Archived