Off to Townsville then!

Jack Sawyer

P3D 4.5 Hotfix 2

Orbx Aus v2, Global, Vector, Buildings, Trees.

AS4 weather.

A2A 182

Recommended flight, Cairns, YBCS to Townsville, YBTL.

I have to say, I forgot how lovely Australia looked.  This was done in real time, so it's morning in their summer.

Sorry for so many...

cigUfMu.jpg

QdTJ8RC.jpg

KX0l4cV.jpg

UU1PcC2.jpg

kNDYX7Z.jpg

FsuXAAM.jpg

D8pz2eO.jpg

mxZcsTG.jpg

This area was strikingly beautiful.

zU6wV2T.jpg

Srpfdvy.jpg

f9m4iso.jpg

There's the airport.

5xsma0r.jpg

lP69ovt.jpg

ILS approach to runway 01.

HsOq5nh.jpg

0Y7CtCz.jpg

P3ICXpl.jpg

5JK2r9J.jpg

GEIN2W9.jpg

VHe5mI7.jpg

1 hour ago, TerribleT said:

Nice set indeed of a beaut part of my country!  Aren't you the cheeky boy parking in the RAAF area - the red caps will be after you!

Thanks T, it’s a beautiful area but I really don’t know what red caps are, being an American.  :( 

5 hours ago, John Mac said:

Great Shots Jack. My brother lives just north of Sydney, says its hot and smokey from the bush fires.

God bless all fireman and the work they do.

John.

Thanks John!  It’s 8:07 here on Christmas morning.  So it’s Boxing Day there, or after Boxing Day?

I’ve been reading about those fires, it seems the whole continent is on fire.  I hope ya’ll get some rain very soon.

3 hours ago, andrew22222 said:

Hey.... Townsville is only that green a week after floods or a cyclone. We call it Brownsville here as its super dry for 90% of the year and all bush is brown. 

Cairns on the other hand probably is that green.

Nice shots though.

Thanks.  I didn’t know that it was brown like that.  All we’ve been getting is flooding rains and our temps have been way way above normal.  Yesterday it was mid 70’s F, much too warm.

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

Amazing shots my friend

I always fly Cairns very cloudy so it was interesting to see it kind of bright

#9 kept me stating, and gave me lots of sensations, magic

Cheers

Thanks Carlis.  That was AS4 providing supposed real weather.  And I agree, at 5500 feet I felt like I was just gliding along.

• 2 weeks later...

Jack - how did I miss this - maybe too much family time and Xmas pud took my mind of Orbx for a while

Needless to say I am so pleased that you took my recommendations for the flight - you got some great shots.

The RAAF obviously didn't complain about you using the Super Hornet Hangar

Now  - Take the next leg Southwards as far as Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays

44 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Jack - how did I miss this - maybe too much family time and Xmas pud took my mind of Orbx for a while

Needless to say I am so pleased that you took my recommendations for the flight - you got some great shots.

The RAAF obviously didn't complain about you using the Super Hornet Hangar

Now  - Take the next leg Southwards as far as Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays

Thanks John.  It might be a while, a very long while.  Way too many real-world problems. 

Archived