From Greece to Dubrovnik

Jack Sawyer

7 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

A challenging landing well executed Jack.

I like the colours on your 737 as well as the great scenery.

Thanks for taking us along.:)

Thanks Martyn, I chose this livery at random, never used it before so was startled to see it was an African airline.  I can pretend because it's only a sim and not real life.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, I chose this livery at random, never used it before so was startled to see it was an African airline.  I can pretend because it's only a sim and not real life.

I have never heard of it and as you well know, we can do anything in FSim!;):lol:

1 hour ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi Jack nice landing in crosswind  good Cpt.

as i see the degre are in celsius for you also in NGX not in fahrenheit ...

welldone for screen

Thanks Patrick, yeah, I must have overlooked the F setting as I'm not used to C and will probably never get used to C.

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You seem to be ahead of your time, Jack:

Flying in spring weather.

And already testing liveries for use in upcoming OLC Africa... :rollmyeyes:

Thanks Gerold!  It was spring-like in Greece but I had real time in Dubrovnik so it was fall.  As for the livery, I didn't even know what it would look like, it was simply one that I didn't have in PFPX or had flown before.  And Africa will be nice, a day one buy.

On 11/14/2019 at 4:08 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Patrick, yeah, I must have overlooked the F setting as I'm not used to C and will probably never get used to C.

I did some research about C and F temperature scales and found out that only in US and a few other smaller countries use F, which I didn't know

Of course you are most comfortable to the system you are used to:

If you're an American and you've ever had a conversation with someone from another country about the weather, you've probably been a little confused when he or she says that the afternoon temperature is a nice 21 degrees. To you, that might sound like a chilly winter day, but to them, it's a pleasantly warm springtime temperature.

That's because virtually every other country in the rest of the world uses the Celsius temperature scale, part of the metric system, which denotes the temperature at which water freezes as 0 degrees, and the temperature at which it boils as 100 degrees. But the U.S. and a few other holdouts – the Cayman Islands, the Bahamas, Belize and Palau – cling to the Fahrenheit scale, in which water freezes at 32 degrees and boils at 212 degrees. That means that the 21 degrees C temperature that we previously mentioned is the equivalent of a balmy 70 degrees F in the U.S.

17 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I did some research about C and F temperature scales and found out that only in US and a few other smaller countries use F, which I didn't know

Of course you are most comfortable to the system you are used to:

If you're an American and you've ever had a conversation with someone from another country about the weather, you've probably been a little confused when he or she says that the afternoon temperature is a nice 21 degrees. To you, that might sound like a chilly winter day, but to them, it's a pleasantly warm springtime temperature.

That's because virtually every other country in the rest of the world uses the Celsius temperature scale, part of the metric system, which denotes the temperature at which water freezes as 0 degrees, and the temperature at which it boils as 100 degrees. But the U.S. and a few other holdouts – the Cayman Islands, the Bahamas, Belize and Palau – cling to the Fahrenheit scale, in which water freezes at 32 degrees and boils at 212 degrees. That means that the 21 degrees C temperature that we previously mentioned is the equivalent of a balmy 70 degrees F in the U.S.

It's all what a person is used to I reckon Fred.  I like F and now have a free converter on my iPhone.  I for one, personally, like our system of Fahrenheit, miles per hour, pounds, and all that good stuff. ;)

Archived