P3D - Avro Anson - Tomato Puree #1

Adam Banks

Part one of my heavy screenshot blitz - marking my return to P3D from my XP11 sojourn, via a new TomatoShade preset.

The honour of the first album goes to the Avro Anson around Blenheim (NZWB/NZOM) - superbly rendered in ORBX NZSI. No need for any of that TrueEarth malarkey here!!!

Take off (yeah I know, I know, the background hills could do with a more detailed mesh) but I love the lighting:

anson-nzwb-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

Just checking the VC is correctly shaded:
anson-nzwb-vc-1350.jpg?dl=1

My favourite shot:

anson-nzwb-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

... and the other side!

anson-nzwb-03-1350.jpg?dl=1

Much of a muchness, but I just love those greens!

anson-nzwb-04-1350.jpg?dl=1

... and it's goodbye for now!

anson-nzwb-05-1350.jpg?dl=1

If anyone is into TomatoShade then my new preset is here:
https://www.nzfsim.org/shaders/ts-presets/adam-ts-31_01/

As ever - it's always a pleasure to spend so many hours tweaking when the scenery you're testing on is so easy on the eye!

#2 to follow shortly!

Adam.

9 hours ago, teecee said:

Magic! what sim is this? and what is Tomato Shade? I am running prepar3d v4.5 will your presets work on this? Terry.

It's P3Dv45 HF2. Tomatoshade is a freeware equivalent to the payware PTA. The preset should work fine on your system, but you may need to uninstall any other shader mods (if you have any) before you try TS - it needs unadulterated P3D shader files to work on. Note: TS makes a backup of these when it installs, but it's a good idea to make your own as well. They're only small files.

9 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Cool pics, Adam. What made you come back to P3D?

I seem to divide my time equally between the two. I'd just finished re-tweaking my xVision preset (for XP) so it was Tomatoshade's turn next. I see PTA has (finally) updated to 2.67 so that's next!!!

6 hours ago, jean marc said:

Beautiful shots and great color & shades ... Sure I need to try this preset :) Thanks Adam

Let me know how you get on!

Thanks for all the nice comments folks!

Adam.

" It's P3Dv45 HF2. Tomatoshade is a freeware equivalent to the payware PTA. The preset should work fine on your system, but you may need to uninstall any other shader mods (if you have any) before you try TS - it needs unadulterated P3D shader files to work on. Note: TS makes a backup of these when it installs, but it's a good idea to make your own as well. They're only small files. "

Thank Adam. I will certainly follow up on this..Terry.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Fabio Danesi said:

Great shots :) what palette/sky/clouds did you use in REX? Thanks

This is going back a fair while - but these days I usually let Active Sky install a live weather theme and then run with that - until the next time I randomly choose to use live weather.

Adam.

Archived