Just touching base.

VH-KDK

6QzU988.jpg

I haven't been  around for a while as I am currently on a round the World trip.

After spending a week in Brisbane I set out for Hawaii two weeks ago and I am currently in Victoria, Vancouver Island.

Tomorrow off to Vancouver for a couple of days before embarking on a 7 day Alaskan cruise.

Plenty more travelling ahead before getting back to Oz on October 22nd!

Take care youwall.

15 minutes ago, BradB said:

Stay safe Martyn , have fun up in AK . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, so far having a great time and met some wonderful people.

Just a shame you lot couldn't have learned to drive on the correct side of the road!:huh:

I have just got used opening the left door to find the steering wheel and the pedals.:o:blink::wacko::lol::rolleyes:

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I set out for Hawaii two weeks ago and I am currently in Victoria, Vancouver Island.

So, was that deliberate or is your navigation rubbish? <grin> Seriously though, hope you have a truly wonderful journey - Dylan's on the road, I believe Neil Young is out there as well, even the Rick Parfitt-less Quo, so you're in good company! Take lots of pix, drink lots of drinks, eat lots of eats and wallow in all those weird accents (you are stopping in Wales, yes?).

I could not believe you are making such a dream trip IN REAL LIFE? Given your sense of humour it might just be virtual. On the other hand I have not seen you on the forum for more than a week, this would be an indication you are indeed travelling physically.

If so: Have all the fun you can get. But ... you have bad timing: If you come over to visit your friend in Germany, you may miss me: I´ll be travelling in the next weeks as well.

Keep on posting your travel story here, maybe you get advise. Perhaps even good one.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:15 PM, macca22au said:

I lived in Victoria for a year with my family.  An absolutely stunning place altogether, if you don't mind a place with the climate of Hobart and the rainfall of the Tropics.

I enjoyed Victoria and the Island, very picturesque.

Beautiful sunny weather apart from Port Hardy but the rain there was more of nuisance value than Tropical!

On 8/26/2019 at 12:07 AM, andy1252 said:

So, was that deliberate or is your navigation rubbish? <grin> Seriously though, hope you have a truly wonderful journey - Dylan's on the road, I believe Neil Young is out there as well, even the Rick Parfitt-less Quo, so you're in good company! Take lots of pix, drink lots of drinks, eat lots of eats and wallow in all those weird accents (you are stopping in Wales, yes?).

You know how bad my navigation is Andy!:lol:

Having a great time and heading off to AK tomorrow.

I shall keep an eye out for your travelling friends but hoping for no Bad Company!:wacko:

On 8/26/2019 at 8:41 AM, Stillwater said:

I could not believe you are making such a dream trip IN REAL LIFE? Given your sense of humour it might just be virtual. On the other hand I have not seen you on the forum for more than a week, this would be an indication you are indeed travelling physically.

If so: Have all the fun you can get. But ... you have bad timing: If you come over to visit your friend in Germany, you may miss me: I´ll be travelling in the next weeks as well.

Keep on posting your travel story here, maybe you get advise. Perhaps even good one.

Thanks Gerold, no this is the real thing. We will be passing through Frankfurt on the way to Vienna in early October and are doing 2 LH flights so I hope they take good care of me!:huh:

9 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great news Martyn. Hope you're enjoying Supernatural BC. If you can give me a shout. (778-298-3026):)

Thanks Karl, I have sent you a PM but as it is 2:30am you probably haven't seen it yet. I cant sleep even over here!:rolleyes:

Loving BC, stunning scenery.:)

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold, no this is the real thing. We will be passing through Frankfurt on the way to Vienna in early October and are doing 2 LH flights so I hope they take good care of me!:huh:

That sounds like a fantastic plan & voyage! If you PM me the time you should be in Frankfurt, I´ll see if I can come down for a beer 8)!

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thank you Rodger, I will try and mix in some RL ones too "a la" Gerold!;)

Yes, yes, yes!!!! :wub:

On 8/28/2019 at 10:48 AM, Stillwater said:

That sounds like a fantastic plan & voyage! If you PM me the time you should be in Frankfurt, I´ll see if I can come down for a beer 8)!

Yes, yes, yes!!!! :wub:

Thanks Gerold, sadly we are only transiting through on our  way to Vienna.:(

Maybe some other time.;)

We are in Anchorage tonight on our way to Denali tomorrow.8)

12 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Well Sir, you are living what we in the states call "The Life of Riley", hope you have tons of fun and loads of memories to carry back to OZ! :D:):lol:

Cheers Roger.

Having a great time and taking heaps of snaps, thank heavens for digital photography.:o

We are hoping for some more great weather so that we can see Mt McKinley tomorrow.:)

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

We are in Anchorage tonight on our way to Denali tomorrow.8)

Keep the "rescue in Denali" mission in mind, my friend. And have your cameras always charged & ready!

Enjoy your trip. We fly down to your home country next Monday.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Stillwater said:

How´s it going, Martyn @VH-KDK ? Where are you now?

I have just returned from a 3 weeks trip through a land down under, flawless travel though you were not in the country.

As I type this Gerold he and his brother are heading to Houston from Midland for a flight tomorrow morning Atlanta.  I pick them up at KATL and they'll be visiting us from 3 October to 9 October.

14 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

How´s it going, Martyn @VH-KDK ? Where are you now?

I have just returned from a 3 weeks trip through a land down under, flawless travel though you were not in the country.

I trust you left the land of Oz in good shape Gerold and I hope you enjoyed your visit.;)

Yes ,we fly out of Midland TX today to Houston for a visit to the Space Centre tomorrow before heading to the Land of Jack on Thursday.:)

Then off to Vienna, Prague before a few days in Singapore and back to Brisbane on the 22nd.:rolleyes:

Archived