I felt so relaxed here.

Jack Sawyer

I'm pretty fortunate to have everything Orbx makes, so today I bought this gem, 2W3, Swanson.  

I went there, real weather courtesy of ASXP, and just "walk" around.  It's the most relaxing and charming little spot in Washington, I loved it.  Then made a flight to McChord which I'll post later.

22J2vsj.jpg

oUOtIfR.jpg

j4WIgjV.jpg

DkVWr08.jpg

TbDWSNi.jpg

4TsdSbj.jpg

v66dcdG.jpg

9GQJ0tO.jpg

b8N7XbD.jpg

OruDGWr.jpg

ytBOG21.jpg

UI0ndCm.jpg

QNB7wzb.jpg

RmddkXv.jpg

EdK9B3d.jpg

SerlvgR.jpg

9L6zWqQ.jpg

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Awesome ground shots from Swanson Jack , BTW is that your new Dodge pickup parked outside the hanger .......:):rolleyes::blink::lol:

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  I looked at Dodge, Nissan, Toyota, and Ford, none had the options I wanted and none had yellow.  So I settled on a beautiful blue Chevy Colorado.

4 hours ago, Dario said:

Really a charming and relaxing place, Jack! Lovely shots! I was thinking if it was really worth to buy this scenery, but your shots made me decide that I need to buy it not later than today :) 

Thanks Dario, well worth it in my opinion, in both sims.

Fantastic shots Jack, crisp and clear like the air must have felt....there are some lovely hangars that would be nice to move into...that doesn't mean I will be kicking anybody out with exclusion zones or anything (but nice to have that option haha).

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Great set Jack.

Who/what did you use to walk around?

Looks to be a great spot.

I suspect a lot of the Orbx GA airfields have things I don't see when I hot start on runway & go.

Need to do more walking.

TTM

Thanks.  It was just a camera view I created.  Totally forgot how I did it, wish XP had ChasePlane.

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Great set Jack.

Who/what did you use to walk around?

Looks to be a great spot.

I suspect a lot of the Orbx GA airfields have things I don't see when I hot start on runway & go.

Need to do more walking.

TTM

Tiger hit the c key and then <> and the directional keys (what are they called?) to move around the camera

26 minutes ago, BobT said:

Fantastic shots Jack, crisp and clear like the air must have felt....there are some lovely hangars that would be nice to move into...that doesn't mean I will be kicking anybody out with exclusion zones or anything (but nice to have that option haha).

Thanks Bob!  I would love to live there for real.

1 hour ago, BobT said:

Tiger hit the c key and then <> and the directional keys (what are they called?) to move around the camera

Thanks Bob

I did that & can move the cameras but only as if I am a camera on dolly rails. ie, i can move my view left or right, up or down, but at all times facing the same way. Like say,  facing North as I move .

How do I turn around & look behind me.??

PS. Found dumpsters behind a building in LOWI!

TTM

3 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Thanks Bob

I did that & can move the cameras but only as if I am a camera on dolly rails. ie, i can move my view left or right, up or down, but at all times facing the same way. Like say,  facing North as I move .

How do I turn around & look behind me.??

PS. Found dumpsters behind a building in LOWI!

TTM

look around holding your right mouse button and zoom with the wheel :)

Fantastic shots, Jack, I really enjoyed them

14 minutes ago, BobT said:

look around holding your right mouse button and zoom with the wheel :)

I know, moving around at an airport isn't too complicated, but maybe ORBX can one day create a Bob for XP11, to make this easier ;);)

Great shots Jack and that airport is next on my list. Do have all the rest of the Orbx scenery for Xplane in fact haven’t played P3DV4 for awhile now. Can you not use the Shift 8 and then press C to walk around. Wish Orbx would bring out Bob for  Xplane that would be great or the same that P3Dv4 has with The Avatars. Sorry bernd1151 just saw your post.  Derek.

2 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Great shots Jack and that airport is next on my list. Do have all the rest of the Orbx scenery for Xplane in fact haven’t played P3DV4 for awhile now. Can you not use the Shift 8 and then press C to walk around. Wish Orbx would bring out Bob for  Xplane that would be great or the same that P3Dv4 has with The Avatars. Sorry bernd1151 just saw your post.  Derek.

Thanks Derek.  Yes sir, I have all of it.  I too would like to see an avatar mode but what I do is simple create a view like you see and taxi the plane everywhere.

Archived