Gold Coast Aus V2.

Iain Emms

Great shots, and as I live here I can clearly recognise even detailed nuances in the scenery.  Gold Coast Cityscape is a fantastic piece of scenery making.

I did a few RW hours in an Aztec:  looks like a whale and flies like a whale.

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

I live here as well but I cant get my shots like that - especially the first one

Is this with the Buildings add-on?

and what are your sliders please

quueensland2.JPG

These are with.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/auv2

https://orbxdirect.com/product/cityscenegoldcoast

https://orbxdirect.com/product/global-buildings

https://orbxdirect.com/product/global-trees

My settings are these.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thanks Ian

A great deal of info that I am sure will be useful for all

It's way passed my bedtime  - so I will wait until tomorrow to try to see if your settings might improve my efforts

(which I thought were'nt  too bad after I had switched to PD4.5h1from Steam SFX)

I see you have the buildings - which might have to wait a week or 2 until my O.A.Pension catches up - 

but I have the 3 others

Your slides sure are maxed out - My box wont cope with those I don't think but will give it a go 

Thanks for showing us the settings Iain, They explain the consistent high quality of your images.

That level of detail would bring my system to it's knees. Particularly, the 'Scenery Object' and 'Special Effects' sliders all over to the right. Mine are in the middle to keep the frame rate out of the teens. That is why I haven't rushed to purchased Buildings HD.

A question about the 'Image and Texture Quality' selections. How did you select those particular settings? Do they make much of a difference in 4K on a RTX2080?

mmm???

Macca - maybe you picked up the wrong specs @specsavers

The Answer is in Iain's signature - circa  $500 ? - too big for your pensionB)

and look at the rest of his spec. Nice one Iain !

We will just have to concentrate on flying  the beasties - and ignore the scenery!

7 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Thanks for showing us the settings Iain, They explain the consistent high quality of your images.

That level of detail would bring my system to it's knees. Particularly, the 'Scenery Object' and 'Special Effects' sliders all over to the right. Mine are in the middle to keep the frame rate out of the teens. That is why I haven't rushed to purchased Buildings HD.

A question about the 'Image and Texture Quality' selections. How did you select those particular settings? Do they make much of a difference in 4K on a RTX2080?

I just whacked them up there are they have stayed there since the machine was new it runs them so i leave them there.

cheers

Iain

5 hours ago, macca22au said:

Iain, what on earth is your CPU.  Your settings are all max-ed, they’d choke a horse.

Ian its a i7 8086K Limited Edition overclocked at 5 GHZ and cooled with a Corsair H100X water Cooler.

cheers

Iain

Well I have the same Coffee Lake as you, and I have liquid  cooling.  My graphics card is a 1080ti, not quite as good, but still pretty effective.  What tool did you  use? So many freeware overclockers still use old windows for examples and of course they are unhelpful with W10.  If you could let me know, then I'm in for a 1gigOC.

1 minute ago, macca22au said:

Well I have the same Coffee Lake as you, and I have liquid  cooling.  My graphics card is a 1080ti, not quite as good, but still pretty effective.  What tool did you  use? So many freeware overclockers still use old windows for examples and of course they are unhelpful with W10.  If you could let me know, then I'm in for a 1gigOC.

Ian i did not overclock the machine myself, It was built for me by Scan Computors here in England sorry mate cant help you with that one.

cheers

Iain

Great info, Iain - I have just ordered a top end pc from Scan Computers - so when it arrives sometime this week  I’ll try your settings.  Can’t wait to see what an i9-9000K with a 2080Ti with 64Gb memory will do!!!  Mind you, one thing it has done is practically bankrupt me!;)

Kev

Archived