Have we all died?

I'm still vertical and breathing John. Except for my wife, five of the six most important people in my life have died now.  And I haven't seen the sixth in over 50 years. Tomorrow is a special day for me. July the 4th. I remember it so well way back in 1959. They say you never forget your first..........Doug

Hm.  My first was in 1947 in a field with a girlfriend who I found out later was anybody's.  It didn't go well.  It was my wife who really educated me.  Not because of her experience so much as her patience.

11 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Aw heck here is something different. Two ladies wearing potato sack dresses. Your question is: Which lady is the lady of the "Night"? Give up. huh.... huh? Well it's the lady wearing the dress that says: Idaho.:rolleyes::D 

I can't let that pass without a groan.

The old ones are always the best.:)

Been proofreading the first book of our soon-to-be released novel, then doing rewrites on the second book, and trying to finish the third book. Never knew publishing would entail so much work in addition to writing. Also had my flight computer go Pffft, so got a new computer and have been loading P3D4 and ORBX and planes into it. Whew! One of these days, it will all be wrapped and I will be active on the Forums again.

Yep.  And you've got partners helping! 

Good wishes with your new P3Dv4 Rodger.  I've found it much better than FSX.  No where near the number of hang-ups, slow downs and general downright awkwardness of FSX.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it's September now and I feel like my life is in late November.  

I am switching over to X-Plane and it is keeping me busy learning how to use it.

ORBX TE Washington was the clincher for me.  I have always done the majority of my flying there anyway.

Austin has just released a major update to the flight physics so the flight realism is better than everything else out there.

I haven't purchased TE Oregon yet because I am going to install dedicated storage for X-Plane and the scenery.  I am looking at a fast 4TB drive.  

I figure that I will just start X-Plane, go to lunch,. and it should be ready to fly by the time I get bask.  I remember using the same teunique when I had to do a large data base sort back in the floppy disk only days.

I will try to be more active on the forum.

Dale

"Two elderly guys were talking and Earl said: I bought my self the best hearing aid available and it cost me five thousand bucks. His buddy asked: What kind is it? And Earl said 12:30 .

Cracked me up. Don't you just love the old ones?? Terry.
PS just re-read it and still laughing.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:53 PM, Gypsy Pilot said:

Well it's September now and I feel like my life is in late November.  

I am switching over to X-Plane and it is keeping me busy learning how to use it.

ORBX TE Washington was the clincher for me.  I have always done the majority of my flying there anyway.

Austin has just released a major update to the flight physics so the flight realism is better than everything else out there.

I haven't purchased TE Oregon yet because I am going to install dedicated storage for X-Plane and the scenery.  I am looking at a fast 4TB drive.  

I figure that I will just start X-Plane, go to lunch,. and it should be ready to fly by the time I get bask.  I remember using the same teunique when I had to do a large data base sort back in the floppy disk only days.

I will try to be more active on the forum.

Dale

With the increasing size of the new sceneries, I've been considering an external drive with USB connection - will have to study up on performance but, 'bang for your buck' wise, they seem like a pretty good deal.

I've got two additional hard drives actually installed in my computer.

Gives me plenty of space.  I've recently migrated some of the Orbx scenery to them to give my C drive a bit of a rest.

Works well.

3 hours ago, teecee said:

Bored???

Here is a memory that may make all you oldies feel a bit better (especially us Poms)..PS: hope it is not against some rule or other. Terry.

Fascinating, teecee. Gotta give the guy full credit for doing what his nation should have done in the first place. Thanks for this one!

Archived