One fine day in Moorabin

2 hours ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Nice ones Jack.  YMMB is about 15 mins from my home.  Got my Controlled Airspace endorsement there.  Your 5th pic is just about over my home.  I gotta correct your spelling - Moorabbin.  Cheers.

Thanks Frank!  I apologize for the misspelling, no offense my friend.

Because I live in the area, I have explained the situation to the locals.  They understand and say you are welcome back in virtual life and/or real life anytime!  CASA however asked me to ask you if you could at least stay above 500’ next time because some of the oldies were a bit worried!  Cheers.  CASA = Civil Aviation Safety Authority.

19 minutes ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Because I live in the area, I have explained the situation to the locals.  They understand and say you are welcome back in virtual life and/or real life anytime!  CASA however asked me to ask you if you could at least stay above 500’ next time because some of the oldies were a bit worried!  Cheers.  CASA = Civil Aviation Safety Authority.

:D Thanks Frank, but ah, just how old is an oldie?  I mean I'll be 60 in July and sometimes feel old, and my mirror says "Hey!  Who they heck is this old guy in me?  You're not supposed to look like this!" :D

7 minutes ago, European Mountain Man said:

Super set of shots Jack and a Fantastic bit of bridge work and you had all the inhabitants of Moorabbin worried and that reminds me i still have not had any mails from Martyn  he still cant be on holiday regards EMM

Thanks EMM.  I haven't heard from him either.

5 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Super shots Jack. I did my PPL at Mooraabin, many many years ago. Went back to see what had changed recently, didn't recognise the place. OH and flying under the Westgate bridge is a no no mate.:o:rolleyes::D

Don

Thanks Don, so that's the name of it, I like it.  Why is it a no no? :ph34r:B):D

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Don, so that's the name of it, I like it.  Why is it a no no? :ph34r:B):D

Yep, a section collapsed during construction killing about five (?) construction guys, and injuring quite a few. I get  pretty nervous if caught in traffic and have to sit on it for  quite a time. You can actually feel it vibrating as trucks pass.:wacko:

Don 

1 minute ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Yep, a section collapsed during construction killing about five (?) construction guys, and injuring quite a few. I get  pretty nervous if caught in traffic and have to sit on it for  quite a time. You can actually feel it vibrating as trucks pass.:wacko:

Don 

That's very sad Don.  I'm sorry to hear this.  A lot of bridges where I live are like this, you can feel the bridge bouncing up and down, I don't like it either.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That's very sad Don.  I'm sorry to hear this.  A lot of bridges where I live are like this, you can feel the bridge bouncing up and down, I don't like it either.

Jack if you haven't already checked out Ausv2 preview and I bet you have, :) in the pics there is a good shot of the Westgate Bridge and surrounding area.

Archived