A C-130 visits Cardiff

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Buffy Foster said:

Decided not to go under that bridge?  :P

Is that a tanker version with those pods under the wings?

No way I'd make it.  It was the first time I flew it and it's a lumbering giant, very slow to turn.  And that bridge was too narrow. :D

You know, I never even thought about those tanks Buffy, good eye!  I really don't know.  

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Jack. Looks like a nice version of the C-130. May I ask what is the "LM" mentioned as the default source?

Thanks Rodger, LM = Lockheed Martin.  It’s a default plane that came with 4.3 or maybe 4.4.  Pretty good rendition of a C-130.

3 hours ago, macca22au said:

Good shots, Jack, and no even if you were an expert C130 pilot you would never get under that bridge....

No, not true Ian.

Our Jack can get under any bridge.

He just has to decide which part of the plane he wants to come out of the other side!:lol:

Great pics, Jack. The default Herc in 4.3 is the old Captain Sim Herc, which means that all the old CS liveries will work on this model too  :)

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Our Jack can get under any bridge.

He just has to decide which part of the plane he wants to come out of the other side!:lol:

I think our Jack will always want the yellow portion of his plane coming out the other side :D

4 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Fantastic set of shots Jack and i think you will try and get under that Bridge i know you well and you will go for it some time regards EMM

Thanks EMM, I don't know about this plane, it's very sluggish because of it's size and weight, and it's too large to fit between those posts. :huh:

4 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Nice shots.  The fuel tanks under the wings are a standard fit.  The C-130 tanker in the UK had an internal tank fitted in the cargo area and the hose went out through a slot in the ramp door.  

Kev

Thanks Kev.  A hose through the ramp door.  Amazing.

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great pics, Jack. The default Herc in 4.3 is the old Captain Sim Herc, which means that all the old CS liveries will work on this model too  :)

I think our Jack will always want the yellow portion of his plane coming out the other side :D

I think you're right Bernd!  

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Thank you!  I was just about to ask that.

Nice shots Jack!  I thought you were going for a loop on the last one!:D

10 minutes ago, freelancer said:

Thank you!  I was just about to ask that.

Nice shots Jack!  I thought you were going for a loop on the last one!:D

Thanks!  I did do a roll but it's not shown because it was ugly.  If I'm going to do aerobatics in this plane I'll need a lot more time behind the yoke. :)

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, wain71 said:

great shots, looks like a fun flight....the herk was the first aircraft I ever flwe in, UK to Gibralter, and no I never told anyone else it was my first flight as they would have had a field day on me....

Thanks Wain, I flew in many when I was in the Air Force.  We flew out of RAF Upper Heyford.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:41 PM, Buffy Foster said:

Decided not to go under that bridge?  :P

Is that a tanker version with those pods under the wings?

I believe those are part of Northrup Grumman Modernization Efforts, the Hercules has a long run with a prominent future ahead of this iconic multi-roll aircraft.  

Archived