My first 4.4, for John

Jack Sawyer

:huh:

Well, I went 4.4 Client late yesterday & flew Porto to Barcelona.

Compared to the same flight in the morning using V4.3, I thought that that objects in the distance, such as hills, looked a bit sharper, & the scenery wasn't popping up in front of the plane so much.

Also, out over country I will get a steady cycle of 50 to 65 fps running. After v4.4 installed, I noticed 55 popping through to 75 fps, so there is a gain there.

More flying to do.

I did find Simstarter NG won't start & I can't get it going yet because the retail source of the product hasn't updated to the latest v4.40 compatible version.

I think there are differences, but they are subtle.

Not slap you in the face with a wet flounder attention grabbing though.

TTM

4 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

:huh:

Well, I went 4.4 Client late yesterday & flew Porto to Barcelona.

Compared to the same flight in the morning using V4.3, I thought that that objects in the distance, such as hills, looked a bit sharper, & the scenery wasn't popping up in front of the plane so much.

Also, out over country I will get a steady cycle of 50 to 65 fps running. After v4.4 installed, I noticed 55 popping through to 75 fps, so there is a gain there.

More flying to do.

I did find Simstarter NG won't start & I can't get it going yet because the retail source of the product hasn't updated to the latest v4.40 compatible version.

I think there are differences, but they are subtle.

Not slap you in the face with a wet flounder attention grabbing though.

TTM

:lol: Wet flounder! :lol:

Yeah, I simply don't see any difference but now I have a C-130 so there's that.

33 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol: Wet flounder! :lol:

Yeah, I simply don't see any difference but now I have a C-130 so there's that.

Start a flight in Valdez or somewhere similar ( lots of Mt's ) and see what you think Jack then .

John

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Start a flight in Valdez or somewhere similar ( lots of Mt's ) and see what you think Jack then .

John

Will do, I have a ton of shots to post both 4.3 and 4.4.  Hopefully some tonight as I've been so busy with real life stuff all day.

5 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Great to see you back flying again Jack.

Have you ticked "Use high-resolution terrain textures"  on? That one loads 512 size textures, also for PR.

Thanks mate!  Yes sir, do you mean 4096?  That's what I use and I "think" it's ticked.  I'll have to look next time I run it.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Some excellent images here Jack.:)

Your sudden climb caught me by total surprise though.:o

Thanks Martyn, caught me off guard too.  I just bought this -600/700 PMDG add-on and with no load and 1/3 fuel it's like a rocket, and it was very difficult to drop my speed for landing.

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

They’re great looking shots Jack. I also think that you’ll see the difference more in mountainous regions. 

Thanks Chunk, I went to LOWI and saw a huge difference.  Will post them eventually though as I'm more busy than a one-armed wallpaper hanger.  

Something ain't quit right if you see no difference as I have a huge improvement right off the bat in every way Jack. They have a new version of PTA for 4.4 by the way and the F1 GTN, but you need to download the complete version once again, otherwise there could be some problems.

Anyway they are still some good looking shots my friend! :)

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Something ain't quit right if you see no difference as I have a huge improvement right off the bat in every way Jack. They have a new version of PTA for 4.4 by the way and the F1 GTN, but you need to download the complete version once again, otherwise there could be some problems.

Anyway they are still some good looking shots my friend! :)

Thanks Adam.  I have the GTN updated, AS4 as well, and well, everything I needed upgraded.  I haven't installed PTA yet, maybe today.

The install has gone perfectly, new Windows Pro, brand new P3D 4.4, all my planes and then all Orbx makes.  I have the same sim graphics settings because I had previously and tediously taken screenshots of everything in P3D and anything else even remotely related to it.

6 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Jack. Once you start learning the innards, I wonder if you will feel the same? It will be interesting to follow the story.

Time will tell Rodger.  I don't know how. Buch time I'll get with it today as I have to set up the tree for the wife.

Archived