People who live in Glasshouses......

VH-KDK

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:59 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

People who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones. Nice shot, VH-KDK

Many years ago a man made a fortune in selling concrete garden ornaments.

He had a house built in the shape of a large rodent and the garden was decorated with dozens of his ornaments.

Unfortunately this attracted all the cats and dogs in the neighbourhood which kept him awake at night.

After a week he had enough and went outside and threw one of the ornaments, hitting and killing a cat.

A policeman was passing at the time and saw this happen and our friend ended up in court.

He was charged with causing unnecessary suffering to an animal and was given a hefty fine and a suspended jail sentence.

The judge told him that...………………………..

…………….people who live in large mouses shouldn't throw gnomes!:wacko:

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, paulb said:

A Wimpy Martyn! My uncle worked on Wimpies and Mosquitos in the second WW.  Nice shot! :)

Thanks Paul, mum's first job was in the office at Brooklands Aviation and saw many battle damaged Wellingtons come in for repair.

What an interesting pair of types to work on, with the wooden construction of the Mosquito and the Geodetic airframe of the Wellington.

11 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

He had a house built in the shape of a large rodent and the garden was decorated with dozens of his ornaments.

Unfortunately this attracted all the cats and dogs in the neighbourhood which kept him awake at night.

After a week he had enough and went outside and threw one of the ornaments, hitting and killing a cat.

A policeman was passing at the time and saw this happen and our friend ended up in court.

He was charged with causing unnecessary suffering to an animal and was given a hefty fine and a suspended jail sentence.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:  I’m rollin’!  LOL!!!!

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:01 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

People who live in glass houses should be careful when taking a shower! :blink:  Nice one Martyn, but why are the called Glass mountains?

Especially if the water is too hot Jack, no good having a crack in the glass.:o

In 1770 Captain Cook named the mountains as their distinctive shape reminded him of the glass furnaces in Yorkshire where he was from.:)

12 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Nice lead in - punch line needs help :)

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Especially if the water is too hot Jack, no good having a crack in the glass.:o

In 1770 Captain Cook named the mountains as their distinctive shape reminded him of the glass furnaces in Yorkshire where he was from.:)

I see what you did there!  :blink::lol:

Now that’s cool, mountains that look like glass furnaces.  I learn something new every day here!

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I see what you did there!  :blink::lol:

Now that’s cool, mountains that look like glass furnaces.  I learn something new every day here!

Thanks Jack, you can take that any way you like!:lol:

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

:banghead:VH-KDK there are places in the world where such unholy punning brings capital punishment.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Paul, mum's first job was in the office at Brooklands Aviation and saw many battle damaged Wellingtons come in for repair.

What an interesting pair of types to work on, with the wooden construction of the Mosquito and the Geodetic airframe of the Wellington.

Indeed Martyn, my Uncle loved the mechanical side of things. He used to service his own motor bikes and cars after the war.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Rodger Pettichord said:

:banghead:VH-KDK there are places in the world where such unholy punning brings capital punishment.

That is indeed sad news Rodger.:o

We must do our best to keep frivolity alive!:lol:

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Indeed Martyn, my Uncle loved the mechanical side of things. He used to service his own motor bikes and cars after the war.

The good old days when things could be repaired with a bit of wire and some tape.;)

Now one tiny influx of damp into the electronics and you are not travelling anywhere.:angry:

Once upon a time there was a very rich king who had a summerhouse in the castles grounds made completely of glass. He did not like the design of his current throne and had another one made to replace it. He did not want the old throne in the castle and had it stowed in the attic of the summerhouse. 

He continually did not like the design of each successive throne and also had them stowed in the summerhouse.

Finally there was too much weight from all the thrones, and the summerhouse shattered into a glass heap.

Moral of the story - people who live in glass houses shouldn't stow thrones.

1 hour ago, petfy said:

Once upon a time there was a very rich king who had a summerhouse in the castles grounds made completely of glass. He did not like the design of his current throne and had another one made to replace it. He did not want the old throne in the castle and had it stowed in the attic of the summerhouse. 

He continually did not like the design of each successive throne and also had them stowed in the summerhouse.

Finally there was too much weight from all the thrones, and the summerhouse shattered into a glass heap.

Groan :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:49 PM, petfy said:

Help, what have I started!:lol:

Thanks for making me laugh so early in the morning.:D

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, Aussieflyer38 said:

I see them regularly Martyn, my wife drags me up there on Sundays, (when I could be flying), to one of the heap of coffee shops. Great PIc.

Don

They are a beautiful sight Don but have you ever thought of buying the wife a good coffee machine?:lol:

Archived