The long and the short of it.

VH-KDK

Excellent and my goodness Martyn, I never really realized just how long this plane is.  This flight attendants must rake up some serious walking miles on this plane, the mechanic too.  It just seems to go on forever.  I see a lot of A340's over my house but never the stretch versions.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:02 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent and my goodness Martyn, I never really realized just how long this plane is.  This flight attendants must rake up some serious walking miles on this plane, the mechanic too.  It just seems to go on forever.  I see a lot of A340's over my house but never the stretch versions.

Thanks Jack, I always try to get the very end seat in the 773, a very long trek.

The 346 was the longest airliner until the Boeing 748 came along.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:40 AM, Captain Lars said:

Fantastic shots, Martyn (I prefer the shorter 340). :)

Thanks Lars. It is getting to the stage that I like to see any of them now. I cannot remember the last time I saw one in Australia.:unsure:

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, Wakashi said:

That first one is as long as a dry land well rope!  That second one is as short as my memory! :lol:  Great comparison shots! 

What is a dry land well rope Roger, I can't remember!:huh:

On 9/27/2018 at 6:24 AM, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold, both planes I like to see although I have never been on a Airbus 340 and probably never will now.:(

I have been flying this Airbus many times. Some airlines take them out of service now, but Scandinavian have given them a fantastic update to yield one of my favorite cabins.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:47 AM, Stillwater said:

I have been flying this Airbus many times. Some airlines take them out of service now, but Scandinavian have given them a fantastic update to yield one of my favorite cabins.

Thanks Gerold, hopefully the SAS ones will be around for a while then, I like to see the 340 but I don't think they fly much to Oz now.:(

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold, hopefully the SAS ones will be around for a while then, I like to see the 340 but I don't think they fly much to Oz now.:(

I fear you are right Martyn. North America and Asia are their only destinations... :(

Archived