Dusk in the Pacific Northwest

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I enjoyed it, too. Great pictures. It reminds me of the time when I was a child and used flight simulator mainly to aim at things and fly into them. I would have totally flown into that balloon back then. :rollmyeyes:

Thanks Lars!  Now that's funny.  I never did that, I like to fly under and between stuff. :) 

34 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lars!  Now that's funny.  I never did that, I like to fly under and between stuff. :) 

;) I used to start the Cessna Skylane at Meigs, Gear up, and then picking the Sears Tower or some other skyscraper. The Cessna had a nice damage model for the time. I couldn't do it now, it feels "wrong" not to land properly.

6 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

;) I used to start the Cessna Skylane at Meigs, Gear up, and then picking the Sears Tower or some other skyscraper. The Cessna had a nice damage model for the time. I couldn't do it now, it feels "wrong" not to land properly.

I agree Lars, on even a short flight I always feel the need to land, can't just quit the same, I have to get back on the ground.

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Several good friends in Sequim.  Lovely drive up US101 via Hoquiam, Forks and Port Angeles.  Continue westbound on your present trip and be sure to visit Misha's "Sekiu" if you have it.

Thanks OND.  I do indeed have Sekiu and plan on flying there very soon.

15 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Really great shots Jack. Love them.

BUT ! I thought you were going to attack that 

balloon . :lol::lol::o

Anthin.

Thanks Anthin, yikes, no way.  I used to fly them so I know how that guy would feel.  We had a couple of guys circling around us once in ultralights, they got a little too close for comfort.

Archived