Homer Lightning SAK

paulb

A Lightning T4 at PAHO Homer, SAK on a clear winter's day (P3Dv4).

This particular one depicts the markings of 226 OCU as it appeared 1963/4.

qH9i5Uz.jpg

TiBIlks.jpg

qNyFA6n.jpg

UyrAojy.jpg

cjCcu6s.jpg

4OBbGjf.jpg

Bqb2Qyj.jpg

FTRCpvO.jpg

FtHvRvo.jpg

POSEtaH.jpg

lF9agV9.jpg

oaG4gQZ.jpg

L2m0kwp.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I love it!  These are awesome Paul.  Especially like the double afterburner on takeoff.  

Thanks Jack! :). Well I managed to go upside down and low level in the same flight - but not at the same time! :wacko::D

5 hours ago, olderndirt said:

What a performer - makes me wonder how an F104 would have been with two engines.

Thank you OND! :). My favourite US airplane was the F-15. That was a great performer.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

More glorious Lightning images Paul.

SOme fantastic scenery which no doubt you are having a good look at going low and slow in the last view!:lol:

Thanks Martyn! :). As you say, low and slow! :lol:

4 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Terrific shots, Paul........now lets see the parking line with the 4 Victor tankers it took to get there!!!

Kev

Thanks Kev! :)  Indeed, I can remember when the Lightning (74 Sqn) went to Tengah (Singapore). I think that they used 17 Victor tankers! :wacko::D

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Thank you OND! :). My favourite US airplane was the F-15. That was a great performer.

Still my all-time favorite.  I wonder why no one has created a nice study level version of this iconic plane? :banghead:

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I wonder how the F-104 would have been with two wings!:huh::o:ph34r:

At an military airshow in '58, I got up close to an F104 on the ramp and saw the leather guards they used over the leading edges - sharp enough to cut.  The pilot had on his 'spurs' for locking to the ejection seat.

10 hours ago, BradB said:

I like these a lot Paul , over 90F here today . Just trying to stay cool ........:):(:D

Cheers

John

Thanks John! Similar here - high 80's. I thought a bit of snow would be nice :D

6 hours ago, olderndirt said:

At an military airshow in '58, I got up close to an F104 on the ramp and saw the leather guards they used over the leading edges - sharp enough to cut.  The pilot had on his 'spurs' for locking to the ejection seat.

Amazing airplane. I used to see a lot of F-104s (Canadian, Dutch, German, Italian) flying over here.

W3gbubH.jpg

5 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow Paul great shots. Love your fighter. But please get rid of that snow that white stuff is coming soon enough.:D

Thank you Karl! :). I just needed a little bit of snow to cool down! :lol:

Archived