Happiness in Palm Springs and L70

Jack Sawyer

Very pleased with the way my Orbx stuff looks with the new PC.  So this flight is from Palm Springs to L70.

SMVLFO0.jpg

TjEXiGv.jpg

nBD4HeB.jpg

mAQcBTr.jpg

YrTbjkH.jpg

w8fqewX.jpg

shFFhgl.jpg

KrMIp1a.jpg

There's a T-Rex down yonder!

T7i28u1.jpg

This is real beauty

w6sEK0b.jpg

Amazing haze....

uKcWhCT.jpg

tmbEgxR.jpg

HQxZrrn.jpg

XODPqBw.jpg

Happiness is flying a Cherokee inverted for a moment 

4RIjMb3.jpg

l9rTy61.jpg

yDJoRVc.jpg

9ycA3h3.jpg

What a delightfully relaxing place this is!
gZ6IdfL.jpg

5xmSdMF.jpg

Some gorgeous shots Jack! And some mighty fine flying! Hopefully you didn't have the burrito for breakfast :wacko::D... might not sit too well flying inverted!

PTA? If so, are you using a custom preset or did you download one? The colors and contrasts really make that orbx scenery pop! 

28 minutes ago, BradB said:

Heap Big Wampum shots Chief . B):blink::D

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  Hey, I got a small Acer 21" hooked up on a corner shelf, now I have to find LNM and re-learn it and now to run two monitors.  I have your PM's saved, just gotta look but getting late.  

6 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Some gorgeous shots Jack! And some mighty fine flying! Hopefully you didn't have the burrito for breakfast :wacko::D... might not sit too well flying inverted!

PTA? If so, are you using a custom preset or did you download one? The colors and contrasts really make that orbx scenery pop! 

Thanks Tim!  Yikes, I did have the burrito for breakfast but it sat well inverted!  :D

Yes, PTA, I took Matt Davies' preset and modified it only slightly.  Just to make the cloud shadows a tad lighter.

6 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Wonderful shots Jack.Great paint.

Anthin.

Thanks Anthin!

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots of your tour Jack! :). Some beautiful scenery there. Your set up looks fantastic! :).

Thanks Paul, thank goodness it's working nicely now.

6 hours ago, Buffy Foster said:

Looks great, even upside down! :)

Thanks Buffy!  What's cool about this plane is when you go inverted the engine actually gets started for fuel.

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Superb shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

3 hours ago, mikee said:

Super Crisps Shots Jack ! Well done my friend ! I like the plane a lot :)

Thanks Mike!  It's one of my favorite little planes.  Small enough to land anywhere.  I remember building a balsa model of it when I was a kid.

42 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

What an incredible set Jack full of high quality images.:)

Thanks Martyn, all 4K and AS4 weather makes for a very realistic flight.  With higher graphics settings I may be wrong but I think I'm seeing more detail.

Just now, lifejogger said:

I have the A2A's Cherokee in Prepar3d V4 and it does not fly right, it is constantly veering to the left.

Could it be a fuel imbalance?  You have to constantly move the lower left fuel lever to the other tank.  I keep an eye on the fuel gauges as you have to manually balance the fuel.

24 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Could it be a fuel imbalance?  You have to constantly move the lower left fuel lever to the other tank.  I keep an eye on the fuel gauges as you have to manually balance the fuel.

I had not thought of that.  Which is kind of bad because I learned to fly in a 180.:wacko:

1 minute ago, lifejogger said:

I had not thought of that.  Which is kind of bad because I learned to fly in a 180.:wacko:

Let's hope it's that simple then John, easy fix.  A 180 is very nice, would love one of those in real life :)

3 minutes ago, jean marc said:

Really beautiful & happy tour Jack - so many details in 4k resolution and seems almost photorealistic :rolleyes:

and the grass at your last shots as a last delicate touch...

Thanks Jean Marc!  Orbx really knows how to make nice stuff, I could never figure out how to do it.

Jack, wonderful 4k set of shots! That one view looking down from above your plane where you said you see a T-Rex...that shot is fabulous! The more I look at it I notice so many little details in the shading, the ground detail..it just all looks very good. And a nice finish at Agua Dulce, one of my favorite airports it the cherry on top :) 

3 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Jack, wonderful 4k set of shots! That one view looking down from above your plane where you said you see a T-Rex...that shot is fabulous! The more I look at it I notice so many little details in the shading, the ground detail..it just all looks very good. And a nice finish at Agua Dulce, one of my favorite airports it the cherry on top :) 

Thanks Landon!  I'm really glad you liked it.  I Loe there that T-Rex is, it's in my comic's to do list.  I have something special someday if I ever get the time.

Have you been to Agua Dulce Landon?  It looks like a beautiful little out of the way place to live in California.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Landon!  I'm really glad you liked it.  I Loe there that T-Rex is, it's in my comic's to do list.  I have something special someday if I ever get the time.

Have you been to Agua Dulce Landon?  It looks like a beautiful little out of the way place to live in California.

I am sure I have been in that area Jack back in my youth, but maybe not specifically by Agua Dulce. 

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Tim!  Yikes, I did have the burrito for breakfast but it sat well inverted!  :D

Yes, PTA, I took Matt Davies' preset and modified it only slightly.  Just to make the cloud shadows a tad lighter.

Glad things sat well for you Jack :) 

Cool! I also use Matt Davies' preset from time to time. It's a good one!

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

Glad things sat well for you Jack :) 

Cool! I also use Matt Davies' preset from time to time. It's a good one!

It is, I've tried a lot and like most of them too.  I just like this one because I learned how to tweak some things.

Archived