A320 LOWI test flight

Fantastic shots Jack.What are your new computer specs so I can be green with envy.

I would think my entire system would be about the price of your graphics card.

Cheers Chris

Just now, speedy70 said:

Fantastic shots Jack.What are your new computer specs so I can be green with envy.

I would think my entire system would be about the price of your graphics card.

Cheers Chris

Thanks Chris!

I hope you don't get green with envy, I'm very fortunate and grateful to be able to get this PC, it was because of an inheritance.

Here you go.

Jetline

Windows 10 Professional

Chassis: NZXT s340 Elite, White

Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 5, Intel z370, ATX

Processor: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8 GHz Turbo) Six Core

CPU Cooling: Corsair H100 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling

System Memory: 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz

Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti, PCI Express 3.0

System Power: 850 Watt EVGA Power Supply

Sound Card: High Definition Integrated Audio

Primary Data Drive: 1 TB Samsung 860 EVO (SSD)

Secondary P3D Drive: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO (SSD)

Third SSD - 2TB Samsung 860 EVO (SSD)

Fourth SSD - 2TB Samsung 860 EVO (SSD)

Three external WD 4 TB HDD's for backups

Optical Drive: 20x DVD/CD burner Drive (USB)

Networking: Wired Ethernet + 802.11ac WiFi Ready

Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech MX800 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Speakers: Bose Companion 5

Software: Acronis True Image

Yoko yoke

Virtual Fly Ruddo rudder pedals

Virtual Fly TQ6

Samsung 50” UHD TV 7 series

Warthog joystick

Saitek TMP

Buttkicker Gamer 2

Just now, olderndirt said:

All I ever inherited was good looks, charm and cunning and none of it works anymore.  All those SSD's make me so green I feel like a State Capitol dome.

This is all I ever got too, and never expected it.  I have a lot of real estate on this PC now, but I wanna fill it all up with more Orbx stuff! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

This is all I ever got too, and never expected it.  I have a lot of real estate on this PC now, but I wanna fill it all up with more Orbx stuff! :lol:

I just read where JV is expanding the staff to handle the increased business :).  Are you up and running with XP yet?

4 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

I just read where JV is expanding the staff to handle the increased business :).  Are you up and running with XP yet?

Good!  More stuff to buy, someday I hope they cover the world.

I have the XP trial version installed, adjusted the screen resolution and got the flight controls somewhat set up but I have way too many other things to do to sit down with it and really learn it.  Soon though when things settle down.

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Good!  More stuff to buy, someday I hope they cover the world.

I have the XP trial version installed, adjusted the screen resolution and got the flight controls somewhat set up but I have way too many other things to do to sit down with it and really learn it.  Soon though when things settle down.

You'll be excited the first time you barrel roll a 747.

Jack:  a fantastic rig, and because of the kindness of SWMBO, I plan to upgrade soon to almost exactly your setup, so thanks I have sent your specs to my tech.

However I have found that setting every graphics setting to max, and bringing other sliders back has finally given me some decent in focus views.

The graphics are superb.

4 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Jack:  a fantastic rig, and because of the kindness of SWMBO, I plan to upgrade soon to almost exactly your setup, so thanks I have sent your specs to my tech.

However I have found that setting every graphics setting to max, and bringing other sliders back has finally given me some decent in focus views.

The graphics are superb.

Thanks Ian!  SWMBO, I love it!  She Who Must Be Obeyed!  :lol:

I have my settings exactly like Iain's except I use PTA.  And I get good frames and very smooth flying.  There's some places in Alaska with AS4 on I'm sure it'll bog down but overall it's really nice.

And, I don't think even the computers on the Star Trek Enterprise or all of the NSA's computers could make P3D run any better. :) 

8 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Very happy for you my friend. Enjoy and I'm looking forward to the 747 barrel roll.:D

Thanks Karl, was a lot of work today getting things just right.  I can only imagine how it’ll be with XP.  Learning curve, yuk!

Looks like you failed miserably Jack ;) LOWI has to be one of Orbx's best products. You've showed it off beautifully mate!

Cheers Graeme :) another yellow smiley face for you!

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Nicely done Jack, I knew you could do it. :D  Great shots as well! :)

Thanks Adam!  The A320 is so different, I love the way they designed it but it's not in any way, shape, matter, or form designed to be hand flown with the throttles.  With this Alpha Floor and all that it takes a lot of control out of the pilot's hands.  So I have to keep shutting of the auto throttles because it turns itself back on!

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Incredible set Jack, beautiful views from Austria.

A very impressive set up too.:)

Thanks Martyn, to me LOWI is the Orbx "gold standard", I personally think this one and Valdez are the best, just my opinion but the realness of LOWI is captivating.  And thanks, it will soon be long in the tooth, Moore's Law and all that.

8 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Looks like a very nice take off and landing Jack and some beautiful scenery to go with it.

Thanks John!  LOWI is astonishing to me, not only is this terrific scenery but can you just imagine living there?  I can't, it would be a dream come true.

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Beautiful set of shots Jack! :) Your settings look spot on! ;)

Thanks Paul!  I'm using the same PTA and REX settings as on the last PC but not using the sun and sky color mods on the last one either.  So I think it's a huge improvement.

3 hours ago, boetie said:

Looks like you failed miserably Jack ;) LOWI has to be one of Orbx's best products. You've showed it off beautifully mate!

Cheers Graeme :) another yellow smiley face for you!

Darn, failed miserably Graeme? ???  I see wha you did there :lol:

I agree, LOWI is the LOWI of Orbx, just like Valdez is the "LOWI" of Alaska.

Thanks for you kind words Graeme!

Archived