Canberra and CityScape

1 hour ago, Smudger said:

Great shots Jack, you must be pleased with your new machine :D

Thanks Smudger!  It's very powerful, well for the next six months at least! 

54 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Those are some smashing, rich colorful shots Jack. The Canberra Cityscape is a remarkable piece of work and scenery, I agree with you on that :) 

Thanks Landon!  I agree, it's perfect for sightseeing with a copter as it has a lot to look at.

54 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots Jack, I enjoyed looking at them.

Thanks John!  I like this place too, it's a beautiful city.

4 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

Wow, so realistic!  Nice paint on the heli too! :)

Thanks Buffy!  JMBII did that for me, I was quite surprised and am very grateful for it.  It is realistic isn't it?  What a lovely place to live, I'll bet the people there like it.

Nice shots Jack,

We had visitors arrive at YSCB on Saturday. As hosts we took them everywhere around Canberra over four days. Lots to see and do in the Nation's Capital. Been over most of the roads in every one of your shots. Lovely sunny autumn/winter days as you show.

One place we took them was the Tidbinbilla Deep Space Communication Complex, just over the first range of hills in the Brindabellas. 

See if you can find it. :) It is a restricted flying area but I am sure you can find it Jack.

They were tracking Juno and good old Viking II while we were there. Also have a 2 inch piece of the moon on display in the exhibition.

As they point out: it takes only eight minutes for the light from the sun to hit the back of the 70 metre dish and 37 minutes for the signal from Juno to hit the front. Really deep space.

(Here's a link to help you locate it https://www.cdscc.nasa.gov/ ) It's on the left on the usual track into R35 from the south. 

Latitude: 35° 24' 04" .918 South
Longitude: 148° 58' 53" .574 East

Aussie

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Very good shots, but #3 is by far my favorite.....

Thanks Fred!  It is rather nifty!

2 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Hey Jack.

The hills in the distance in your last shot,

is where I live.

Lovely shots....Canberra Airport looks totally different

these days.

Regards.

Anthin..

You live there?  Mate are you lucky.  It must be beautiful on and around those hills!  Any cool forests to hike in?  Some people are really lucky where they live, I don't like where I live and can't move.

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Wowser Jack. Truly wonderful colors. And your Eggbeater looks great too.:)

Thanks Karl!  The eggs are all scrambled now! :lol:

I trust that with high class images like this, that all your troubles getting your new PC to work properly are now a distant memory.

Excellent set Jack.:D

Not only did I enjoy looking at them but it made me realise that I brought the city scape in the sale last year and I have yet to fly there.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Aussie123 said:

Nice shots Jack,

We had visitors arrive at YSCB on Saturday. As hosts we took them everywhere around Canberra over four days. Lots to see and do in the Nation's Capital. Been over most of the roads in every one of your shots. Lovely sunny autumn/winter days as you show.

One place we took them was the Tidbinbilla Deep Space Communication Complex, just over the first range of hills in the Brindabellas. 

See if you can find it. :) It is a restricted flying area but I am sure you can find it Jack.

They were tracking Juno and good old Viking II while we were there. Also have a 2 inch piece of the moon on display in the exhibition.

As they point out: it takes only eight minutes for the light from the sun to hit the back of the 70 metre dish and 37 minutes for the signal from Juno to hit the front. Really deep space.

(Here's a link to help you locate it https://www.cdscc.nasa.gov/ ) It's on the left on the usual track into R35 from the south. 

Aussie

Hi Aussie!  Thanks for this, I'm gonna print this out and go there.

I love reading about that deep space complex!  I remember the Vikings like it was yesterday, I was glued to the TV and have a NASA book I bought when I was a teen, it's all photos in stereo and it came with glass stereo vision viewers.

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

I trust that with high class images like this, that all your troubles getting your new PC to work properly are now a distant memory.

Excellent set Jack.:D

Not only did I enjoy looking at them but it made me realise that I brought the city scape in the sale last year and I have yet to fly there.:rolleyes:

Hi Martyn!!!!

Thanks, glad you liked my shots but I have to say, Orbx makes it look easy!

And, I'm very happy because now everything works, REX is installed and my favorite textures are in and just flew around Pearson and Portland and it was wonderful!  I mean I never thought I'd be this excited about how good it looks on that screen and how smooth it is.  I have been most fortunate!

Oh, you should explore Canberra, it's especially fun in a chopper but I know you don't usually use them but it's so detailed and cool.

16 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Martyn!!!!

Thanks, glad you liked my shots but I have to say, Orbx makes it look easy!

And, I'm very happy because now everything works, REX is installed and my favorite textures are in and just flew around Pearson and Portland and it was wonderful!  I mean I never thought I'd be this excited about how good it looks on that screen and how smooth it is.  I have been most fortunate!

Oh, you should explore Canberra, it's especially fun in a chopper but I know you don't usually use them but it's so detailed and cool.

Cheers Jack, I am most happy for you.

I forgot to say how much I liked the views of Dream World!:)

I installed the FSX version of ZGGG into v4 the other night and had a wonderful flight in the MH-53, my favourite chopper

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Cheers Jack, I am most happy for you.

I forgot to say how much I liked the views of Dream World!:)

I installed the FSX version of ZGGG into v4 the other night and had a wonderful flight in the MH-53, my favourite chopper

Dream World?  You mean sleep?  I could fly in my sleep!  Can't wait to see some chopper shots!

22 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Holy smoke!  It's that bad, those poor people!  I feel so bad for them, hiking and then this happens.  Dang, I'm sorry to read this Martyn. :(

I watched a programme on Crime Channel and it was so frightening to think of these poor people.

If ever there was a case for bringing back the rope, this is it.:angry:

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I watched a programme on Crime Channel and it was so frightening to think of these poor people.

If ever there was a case for bringing back the rope, this is it.:angry:

Very sorry to hear this Martyn.  Dang.

Hi Jack.

The forests are very different than back home 

in British Columbia or Ireland.

The trees are nearly all Gum trees and not very

dense. The deep space tracking radio telescope

is situated near there. Nasa runs it. It is in the area

called Tidbinbilla.

There are thicker Bushlands not that far away.

Not too far from me are the snowy mountains.

The ski season has just started.

Anthin.

8 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Hi Jack.

The forests are very different than back home 

in British Columbia or Ireland.

The trees are nearly all Gum trees and not very

dense. The deep space tracking radio telescope

is situated near there. Nasa runs it. It is in the area

called Tidbinbilla.

There are thicker Bushlands not that far away.

Not too far from me are the snowy mountains.

The ski season has just started.

Anthin.

Thanks Anthin!  I'd love to see a gum tree, it reminds me of that song where a kookaburra (sp?) sits in an old gum tree, merry merry old bird is he...."

So gum tree forests, then bushland and then snow covered ski mountains.  Dang, why couldn't I have lived somewhere like this?  It sounds very nice!

54 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Anthin!  I'd love to see a gum tree, it reminds me of that song where a kookaburra (sp?) sits in an old gum tree, merry merry old bird is he...."

The Kookaburras in my garden can eat all the mice they like but I do get narked when they feast on the frogs.:angry:

12 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Nice shots Jack,

Aussie

Very interesting information & teasing, Aussie. And I am sure the restricted area won´t stop Jack from flying there, maybe even upside down... :D

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That is the fate of us slow movers, Martyn. I also have some sceneries from the pre-last sales that still need to be discovered!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

So gum tree forests, then bushland and then snow covered ski mountains.  Dang, why couldn't I have lived somewhere like this?  It sounds very nice!

Here you are with the Kookaburra under an old gum tree, Jack...

ZwfKf85.jpg

57 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Here you are with the Kookaburra under an old gum tree, Jack...

Thanks Gerold!  So that's what they look like.  Can you keep one as a pet?  Are they intelligent like macaws?  I know they like to sing or laugh.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Very interesting information & teasing, Aussie. And I am sure the restricted area won´t stop Jack from flying there, maybe even upside down... :D

Nope, unless it's like the 777, the only way to get it to go inverted is to shut of the FCC's.  As for the A320, I don't even know if it's possible with all those "laws", but the 787, I'll have to test it out as soon as I am able.  Going to buy it now and install it but can't even fly it because I have to cut the grass, and if there's anything I hate in life it's yardwork.  

37 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold!  So that's what they look like.  Can you keep one as a pet?  Are they intelligent like macaws?  I know they like to sing or laugh.

Donno. We have to wait for the Aussies to teach us...!

23 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nope, unless it's like the 777, the only way to get it to go inverted is to shut of the FCC's.  As for the A320, I don't even know if it's possible with all those "laws", but the 787, I'll have to test it out as soon as I am able.  Going to buy it now and install it but can't even fly it because I have to cut the grass, and if there's anything I hate in life it's yardwork.  

787: It´ll take you some time to get the cameras properly adjusted and the engines running from cold&dark. By Monday I´ll have a checklist ready for this bird, if you like to have it let me know.

Otherwise I would not be surprised if you fly a yellow MD530 inverted over the restricted area... :D

14 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

787: It´ll take you some time to get the cameras properly adjusted and the engines running from cold&dark. By Monday I´ll have a checklist ready for this bird, if you like to have it let me know.

Otherwise I would not be surprised if you fly a yellow MD530 inverted over the restricted area... :D

Thanks Gerold, I would like that.  Cameras with ChasePlane, five minutes.  Starting from C&D five minutes.  Easy peasy.  :D  And an inverted 530?  I'l try, it's very difficult to do properly.

Archived