EHKD De Kooy to EHWO Woensdrecht

Jack Sawyer

Sorry for so many.  On this flight it was totally random as I don't know this country.  This flight was about 130+ miles.  Very scenic, saw those cool windmills, and the destination was military I think.  It was pretty cool because the hangar was in the woods.

P3D 4.1 - PTA - AS4 - Spring - 4K

UP2VsEq.jpg

W9PNW9Q.jpg

aVPrVnk.jpg

O3cCg1m.jpg

X6VXGYo.jpg

pACsJg2.jpg

2qyjsOn.jpg

40KUpUy.jpg

TKZ3NXg.jpg

yHmWzB4.jpg

0y5jYtD.jpg

jWojYx1.jpg

xGipgTq.jpg

fa4nt7D.jpg

moMgqpM.jpg

uIGN30E.jpg

or4zpuJ.jpg

OBish1O.jpg

4PQm6Kg.jpg

W5mJls6.jpg

Xw4Z0Hw.jpg

XbXWjQR.jpg

ApPXSFf.jpg

ILjGYNy.jpg

2UHsP0R.jpg

A0abyVm.jpg

egLQ81V.jpg

pPDyuCh.jpg

qL5yC1B.jpg

SptM6yo.jpg

XnvcC9y.jpg

2hBnHtL.jpg

wxXFoMB.jpg

k46NBX0.jpg

jOMSqsA.jpg

Well Jack, another beautiful North --> South flight.

Almost everything of your shots have been presented earlier by Iain, so you should recognize almost everything.

So, this time no explanation from my side.....you are already familiar with it ;)

B.t.w. both EHKD en EHWO are military. (EHKD: mainly naval and oil rig choppers, EHWO: Mainly maintenance smaller airliners)

But in case you have questions...feel free to ask.

-Fred-

Just now, Sundancer said:

Well Jack, another beautiful North --> South flight.

Almost everything of your shots have been presented earlier by Iain, so you should recognize almost everything.

So, this time no explanation from my side.....you are already familiar with it ;)

B.t.w. both EHKD en EHWO are military. (EHKD: mainly naval and oil rig choppers, EHWO: Mainly maintenance smaller airliners)

But in case you have questions...feel free to ask.

-Fred-

Thanks Fred.  I wish I had a good map of all the airports in this package.  Or a list I could print out.  I just go to P3D's Country list, choose Netherlands, pick an airport and when I fire up the GTN750 I choose an airport.  Flying around a country you don't know is difficult but quite relaxing as this was a most enjoyable flight.

Maybe an idea for tomorrow's flight:

Start at EHAM, over the socalled Randmeren passing Almere, Harderwijk, Urk (fishing boats), Enkhuizen, Hoorn, along the Markermeer coast, back to EHAM.

Have fun...!!

image.png.3f59219b4cfeb8f53e167fdc74678e17.png

Just now, Sundancer said:

Maybe an idea for tomorrow's flight:

Start at EHAM, over the socalled Randmeren passing Almere, Harderwijk, Urk (fishing boats), Enkhuizen, Hoorn, along the Markermeer coast, back to EHAM.

Have fun...!!

image.png.3f59219b4cfeb8f53e167fdc74678e17.png

Thanks Fred!  Printing this out now.

And if you want any Aeronautical information about the Dutch fields:

http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/ --> [Integrated Aeronautical Information Package] --> Lefthand side Menu: Last but one: +AD 2 Aerodromes e.g. +EHAM --> AD 2.24 CHARTS RELATED TO AN AERODROME, etc......

And all for free......SID's STAR"s and Visual Approach charts and many more.....

Good luck

-Fred- 

4 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/ --> [Integrated Aeronautical Information Package] --> Lefthand side Menu: Last but one: +AD 2 Aerodromes e.g. +EHAM --> AD 2.24 CHARTS RELATED TO AN AERODROME, etc......

And all for free......SID's STAR"s and Visual Approach charts and many more.....

Good luck

-Fred- 

Thanks Fred!  Great site!

A marvelous Cherokee jaunt over the Netherlands Jack, and that livery looks very nice on the little plane. That powder blue stands our real nice against the scenery ;) And thanks to Fred, our unofficial Dutch Sim-Tourism Ambassador, you now have a new flight plan and more airport information all for free...what more can you ask for?! :D

Fantastic set of images Jack with so much great scenery to look at.

This part of the world has really come alive with the TE treatment.

Beautiful paint on the Cherokee, it always looks funny to me to see a GA plane in a livery normally seen on a jet airliner!

6 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Good luck

-Fred- 

An interesting site Fred, thanks for the link.

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

A marvelous Cherokee jaunt over the Netherlands Jack, and that livery looks very nice on the little plane. That powder blue stands our real nice against the scenery ;) And thanks to Fred, our unofficial Dutch Sim-Tourism Ambassador, you now have a new flight plan and more airport information all for free...what more can you ask for?! :D

Thanks Landon, and yes, Fred has been extremely helpful and gracious.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Fantastic set of images Jack with so much great scenery to look at.

This part of the world has really come alive with the TE treatment.

Beautiful paint on the Cherokee, it always looks funny to me to see a GA plane in a livery normally seen on a jet airliner!

Thanks Martyn!  I agree, I can only imagine how the rest of their TE stuff will look.

And that livery is from a real school there that teaches students to fly in this livery, or so I read.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Great flight Jack, giving us a summary of some highlights here, like windmills, ships, harbours, tulip fields - and even some bridges for the fun of some dangerous pilots around here...!

Thanks Gerold, when I have the time I might do a little "bridge work" :D

5 minutes ago, dolf8857 said:

Amazing set Jack!

Thank you most kindly Dolf!

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  I agree, I can only imagine how the rest of their TE stuff will look.

And that livery is from a real school there that teaches students to fly in this livery, or so I read.

Cheers Jack, I think there is a KLM livery on one of the Barons too.

I also like the JAL Bonanza.:D

2 minutes ago, JoseCFII said:

Jack,

You are killing me with these awesome pics of your recent flights.

I'm almost about to order.

Jose

Thanks Jose!  Now that's a really good compliment, appreciate it.  You will not be disappointed.

3 hours ago, caleb1 said:

Nice shots and a rather interesting taxi through the trees at the destination. I'll put that as a place to go when I get NL TE!

Thanks Caleb, it reminded me of working F-111's in Plattsburgh AFB, it was all trees likes this.  It was very cool.

• 1 month later...

Nice shots with this flight.
Do you know if all the oil rigs and offshore platforms are in this scnenery. The free NL2000 scnenery has it.

These are all serviced from EHBK as it is the helicopter hub for them.

Could be an interresting flight for spotting them by Plane.

For myself I will check these out when the X-plane and AF2 version is released and doing some serious commercial helicopter ferry flights from EHBK

Here an indication of the location using PlanG.

image.png

image.png

2 minutes ago, Albert van der Heide said:

Nice shots with this flight.
Do you know if all the oil rigs and offshore platforms are in this scnenery. The free NL2000 scnenery has it.

These are all serviced from EHBK as it is the helicopter hub for them.

Thanks and welcome to the forum!  I have a MilViz chopper with a GTN750 and despite it showing helo landing pads I went to several and they didn't exist.  Not saying there's not any as your maps shows a lot, but just when I went looking for some they were not there.  

thanks for the info.

This wil mean that i have to combine it  with the "NL2000"    NL2000 v4.0 Heliports

For your information you can get the NL2000 Freeware scnenery here

https://www.nl-2000.com/2010/05/nl2000-version-40-download-instructions-and-locations/

this was until now the only True Earht scenery availible for FSX and P3d, P4d

You could also checkout EHMM which is a smal Ultra light aircraft field very close to EHKD.

Archived