Refuge Cove tug bimble

Jack Sawyer

Many thanks to @Larry_R for the pro tip on this beautiful pilotable tug!  Anyone can install it, it's in the manual, something I glossed over, and it's fun!

I can see Fred and the gang having some serious fun with this beauty. :)

KRLhkQY.jpg

2rP6O8E.jpg

69nafCL.jpg

WaLLXCg.jpg

ydQnBBF.jpg

U3iGrJx.jpg

On3QpCu.jpg

bgWoYxd.jpg

Amazing detail on this thing!

rDzSsFF.jpg

1617pTD.jpg

oF0YXL2.jpg

vj0Q1t2.jpg

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Great images of your latest find Jack.

A very unusual boat it is.

Thanks Martyn!  I like it, it's very maneuverable and cool looking.

9 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Some nice tug shots Jack....well, a tug it might be, but is sure looks like a floating tin can...literally :D  Larry did a nice job modeling it for sure.

Thanks Landon, it kind of does but I imagine they use these in real life, it looks kind of ungainly, like it'll tip over but I guess it works.

4 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

super set of shots Jack did you have your fishing rod for a bit of fishing and catch your  breakfast or tea regards EMM

Thanks EMM!  In a boat that small all I could pull in was minnows! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:
9 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Some nice tug shots Jack....well, a tug it might be, but is sure looks like a floating tin can...literally :D  Larry did a nice job modeling it for sure.

Thanks Landon, it kind of does but I imagine they use these in real life, it looks kind of ungainly, like it'll tip over but I guess it works.

Cute little thing, but I'll bet the real thing weighs as much as a D9 Caterpillar (Bulldozer), and just like an iceberg most of the action/weight is below the waterline (displacement). I'll bet she handles like a dream with plenty of grunt. (Love your work Larry)

14 minutes ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Cute little thing, but I'll bet the real thing weighs as much as a D9 Caterpillar (Bulldozer), and just like an iceberg most of the action/weight is below the waterline (displacement). I'll bet she handles like a dream with plenty of grunt. (Love your work Larry)

Thanks Jeff, I reckon it would if it's a tug, it seems so small yet I'll bet it's pretty powerful.

20 minutes ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Cute little thing, but I'll bet the real thing weighs as much as a D9 Caterpillar (Bulldozer), and just like an iceberg most of the action/weight is below the waterline (displacement).

And here's a picture to illustrate Jeff's point:

tug.jpg.3a5c5919195740c5091a166a96ba6e8c.jpg

52 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

And here's a picture to illustrate Jeff's point:

tug.jpg.3a5c5919195740c5091a166a96ba6e8c.jpg

Great post Larry! Nice to see what the real deal looks like, and out of the water to boot! I still think, even more so now, that it looks like a floating tin can...albeit, a very hardy one ;) :D I am sure that it is a very capable and tough piece of hardware though, I am just having some landlubber fun with it :) 

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Hey Jack , do you have the link on that other boat that Larry did a few months ago ? . You tooled around in it in several posts .

Thanks

John

I got the Angelfish , time to go for a cruise . I promise to stay off the rocks for now . :)B):D:lol:

John

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Great Shots Jack !

Thank you kindly Mike!

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Hey Jack , do you have the link on that other boat that Larry did a few months ago ? . You tooled around in it in several posts .

36 minutes ago, BradB said:

I got the Angelfish , time to go for a cruise . I promise to stay off the rocks for now . :)B):D:lol:

I was fixin' ta say, same installation procedure my friend.  I can't wait to see yer shots John!

26 minutes ago, paulb said:

Great shots Jack! On a good day you could explore much of the coastline in this :).

Thanks Paul, and I agree, this boat will be for when I have plenty of time and can make a leisurely coastal trip, but when would that be? :wacko:  Anyway, I can see Fred and Sam in it to be sure!

34 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, and I agree, this boat will be for when I have plenty of time and can make a leisurely coastal trip, but when would that be? :wacko:  Anyway, I can see Fred and Sam in it to be sure!

Well Jack, I am sometimes tempted to buy a (simming) boat just to enjoy a leisurely tour of the orbx coast line!

28 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Amazing detail in this scenery - thanks to Jack for showing us and to Larry for making it virtual! The billionaires up there really have a good way of understatement in their yachts, just so different from Dubai.

Thanks Gerold!  I'd rather live in this place where everything's natural than in Dubai where it's all man made in a desert.  

Archived