Rainy Refuge Cove

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Top-daddy bunch of shotz here Jack!

Thanx Erik!

1 hour ago, gregmorin said:

Great shots of the a floating MD530.

Greg

Thanks Greg, now that I know how to use these, as Martyn calls them, inflatable sausages it add another dimension to the sim.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots these Jack. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thank you Iain!

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

Great shots here Jack, and nice choice of liveries for the MD530 for this quaint, quiet area :) 

Thanks Landon!  I like this livery too, I only used it because it had the floats set up on it in MV's Configurator program.  But this Cove is beautiful, will be boating there very soon, thanks to Larry's advice, ;)

Hi guys,

Another way out there idea that just came to me: the first ever (I'll bet) 'predicted log race' on a simulator with accurate scenery and navigation aids.

http://www.predictedlog.org/home.aspx

If you install the PNW navigation aid waypoint file linked on my blog, someone could  set up a 'flight plan' that could be shared. You start  by predicting arrival times at each leg of the route using any pilotable boat you want running at a constant RPM of your choice. (No cheating by running the course first.)  Then you go out with agreed upon weather conditions and follow the route and record your actual times. Smallest combined error wins a case of virtual beer.  :)

11 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Hi guys,

Another way out there idea that just came to me: the first ever (I'll bet) 'predicted log race' on a simulator with accurate scenery and navigation aids.

http://www.predictedlog.org/home.aspx

If you install the PNW navigation aid waypoint file linked on my blog, someone could  set up a 'flight plan' that could be shared. You start  by predicting arrival times at each leg of the route using any pilotable boat you want running at a constant RPM of your choice. (No cheating by running the course first.)  Then you go out with agreed upon weather conditions and follow the route and record your actual times. Smallest combined error wins a case of virtual beer.  :)

Excellent Larry!  Thanks 

9 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

First time I see that, never thought those huge floats existed in the virtual world.

Thanks François, I think they're cool, never would have known how to use them if it wasn't for someone here, now I forget who. :wacko:

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Dang nice shots Jack, I like your chopper! :)

Thanks Adam!

1 hour ago, Taph said:

What's next log rolling, you could import the dancer from the Goose Cafe :D fine set

Tanks Taph and that's a good idea!  I always wondered how they could stay on those logs.

Archived