No sign of the Zodiac

VH-KDK

I am not into astrology and that sort of thing.

I was told if I went to Mink Island an inflatable would pick my passengers and myself up.

1.sz1.jpg

Departing from Refuge Cove and listening to the wonderful sound of those radials

2.sz2.jpg

Over the Ha'thayim NP

3.sz3.jpg

At Maurelle Island.

4.sz4.jpg

Close to Thurlow and soon starting descent to look for Mink Island

5.sz5.jpg

With so much amazing scenery it is a shame to end the flight.

6.sz6.jpg

After some searching we finally find our destination.

7.sz7.jpg

Touchdown and now the wait for the pick up.

8.sz8.jpg

Well the Zodiac never showed up so we docked and found another way of getting to our accommodation.

I could never predict that happening!

Wonderful freeware with some other places to go and look for.

4 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Martyn. Just before you landed I heard a huge hisssss. At first I thought it was a snake but now I think it was that zodiak you were waiting for:rolleyes:

Theres a hole in my Zodiac, dear Liza, dear Liza theres a............:o

Indeed, a great scenery you show us here, Martyn. 

What a pity the Zodiac already had PunctureFlow installed.

13 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

getting to our accommodation.

Well, maybe you shoud even move on, the accomodation you found does not look too inviting :D.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Indeed, a great scenery you show us here, Martyn. 

Well, maybe you shoud even move on, the accomodation you found does not look too inviting :D.

Thank you Gerold the scenery is so beautiful.

I will have to wait for the next patch to come out.:wacko:

We don't mind the accommodation Gerold just as long as it is bear proof.:ph34r:

21 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

was told if I went to Mink Island an inflatable would pick my passengers and myself up.

Hello Martyn,

I don't recognize Mink Island in any of your screenshots. Perhaps you are not looking in the right place.  The shot with the shed in it is not at Mink Island.

There is a Google Earth overlay map linked in the User Guide that will show you were it is and there are charts in the UG itself showing exactly where the pick up and drop off location is. The UG also has similar charts for the other pick up and drop off locations. Yes, I know User Guides are a pain to read, but the Desolation Sound area can be confusing even to those familiar with it, so I think it's worth a look.

In addition to the Zodiac at Mink Island, there will be a line of boats 'sprung to shore' on the south side of the anchorage, as well as the 95 foot yacht anchored out a bit. An AI sailboat under power runs from Mink Island to Refuge Cove and back. And there is a dock with a shack on it, an El Toro dinghy and a ketch alongside the dock, plus some cabins.

Please see this link for a file that corrects a minor problem with 'PeopleFlow'.  (Note: by next week new downloads should have this corrected file.)

Based on all the testing to date, everything works so I'm not sure what I would patch.  

28 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Hello Martyn,

I don't recognize Mink Island in any of your screenshots. Perhaps you are not looking in the right place.  The shot with the shed in it is not at Mink Island.

There is a Google Earth overlay map linked in the User Guide that will show you were it is and there are charts in the UG itself showing exactly where the pick up and drop off location is. The UG also has similar charts for the other pick up and drop off locations. Yes, I know User Guides are a pain to read, but the Desolation Sound area can be confusing even to those familiar with it, so I think it's worth a look.

In addition to the Zodiac at Mink Island, there will be a line of boats 'sprung to shore' on the south side of the anchorage, as well as the 95 foot yacht anchored out a bit. An AI sailboat under power runs from Mink Island to Refuge Cove and back. And there is a dock with a shack on it, an El Toro dinghy and a ketch alongside the dock, plus some cabins.

Please see this link for a file that corrects a minor problem with 'PeopleFlow'.  (Note: by next week new downloads should have this corrected file.)

Based on all the testing to date, everything works so I'm not sure what I would patch.  

Thanks Larry, trust me to mess things up.

I did a search for Mink Island on GE and went for the coordinates and when I saw the jetty and shed I thought I was in the right place.

I will have to give it and the other places a go when I get the time.

I always like to read the UG as there are quite often these hidden gems in the releases that I wouldn't otherwise know about.

Thanks for the reply and again for your great work.:)

On 12.3.2018 at 7:19 PM, Stillwater said:

20 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I will have to wait for the next patch to come out.:wacko:

Some of the comments here are Pulitzer priceworthy :D. I hope the admins have already received their positions in the respective committee.

15 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well done Martyn! Flying boats always amaze me. I can remember seeing a Shorts Sunderland many years ago :).

Same here.  Just think, you have to maintain a plane and a boat!  And when I was a kid I always thought they'd sink!

24 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Same here.  Just think, you have to maintain a plane and a boat!  And when I was a kid I always thought they'd sink!

As a kid, I used to love looking at pictures of the older flying boats! A shame really that they are not around today.

Just now, paulb said:

As a kid, I used to love looking at pictures of the older flying boats! A shame really that they are not around today.

I agree Paul, those old Pan Am Clippers were something else.  I'd love to have flown on one.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I agree Paul, those old Pan Am Clippers were something else.  I'd love to have flown on one.

We used to have seaplane bases in Wales (before my time). Amazing how civil air travel has developed.

7 minutes ago, paulb said:

We used to have seaplane bases in Wales (before my time). Amazing how civil air travel has developed.

A seaplane base with actual seaplanes, not planes on floats, they thought that was going to be the future.  And I think it would be safe because fi you had to land at sea at least you could float.

On 3/11/2018 at 11:56 PM, VH-KDK said:

Well the Zodiac never showed up

Signs of the Zodiac!  Martyn, I finally got the Zodiac to show, don't know what your ships and ferries settings are set to but they need to be above 25%, I was sitting where the Kenmore plane sits at Mink Island.  It's pretty neat, when you pull up to him he says: Ahoy!, is JV aboard? :lol::D.  Excellent Larry!

2018-3-15_23-7-0-375.jpg

48 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Signs of the Zodiac!  Martyn, I finally got the Zodiac to show, don't know what your ships and ferries settings are set to but they need to be above 25%, I was sitting where the Kenmore plane sits at Mink Island.  It's pretty neat, when you pull up to him he says: Ahoy!, is JV aboard? :lol::D.  Excellent Larry!

2018-3-15_23-7-0-375.jpg

I was wondering when someone would discover this little hidden gem!  I found it while it was in beta but didn't want to spoil the surprise.  Glad you got to experience it Wakashi.  :lol:

There are other little things about too, but I was sworn to secrecy.  :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Wakashi said:

2018-3-15_23-7-0-375.jpg

Well done Roger, all it needed was a pilot with brain cells into at least double figures, something that I lack.:lol:

I couldn't even find the real Mink Island.:rolleyes:

I know that my ships and ferries need to be reset as they would be no where near 25%.

Great set of screenies, Martyn

57 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I know that my ships and ferries need to be reset as they would be no where near 25%.

Same here, Martyn. Like many of us I have the Nielsen AI ship traffic. It needs to be set at a minimum of 10% to be seen and that's where I have put the slider. I also forgot to reset it for Larry's boat to show up. The same is true btw for his ferries at Nanaimo if I remember correctly

8 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

I was wondering when someone would discover this little hidden gem!  I found it while it was in beta but didn't want to spoil the surprise.  Glad you got to experience it Wakashi.  :lol:

There are other little things about too, but I was sworn to secrecy.

Aw, come on Rob there are no secrets among forum friends! :rolleyes:  Well it took awhile and I burned more than a few brain cells working it out but glad I did, and like Jack I’m gonna use the schedule to find the rest.

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Well done Roger, all it needed was a pilot with brain cells into at least double figures, something that I lack.:lol:

I couldn't even find the real Mink Island.:rolleyes:

Don’t know about that double digit stuff Martyn, mostly persistence and rereading the manual closer.  Hope you find them and enjoy! :D

Archived