I still can't get it right.

VH-KDK

One of the things I like about the 738 and most other Boeings is that I can execute an ILS landing.

The Airbus family is a different matter so I looked up how to do it and set off from Birchwood for the very short flight to Valdez.

1.bv1.jpg

A pleasant surprise was this freeware  A320 in Alaskan livery.

2.bv2.jpg

After departing from Birchwood about to turn up the Eagle River Valley with Anchorage in the distance.

3.bv3.jpg

Low cloud covers the far end of the valley.

4.bv4.jpg

The Knik Arm is behind us as we pass Mile High Peak.

5.bv5.jpg

About to make another turn to put us on course for Valdez.

6.bv6.jpg

With such a short flight we are only at 12,000ft in the cruise.

7.bv7.jpg

In no time we have descended and heading along the Valdez Arm of Prince William Sound.

8.bv8.jpg

I am still stumped by the ILS on the Airbus and I have switched off the AP as we come in over  Valdez.

9.bv9.jpg

The tidal flats and Ammunition Island.

10.bv10.jpg

Everything going well and about to touch down.

11.bv11.jpg

Touched down a tad further down the runway than I would have liked but plenty of room.

12.bv12.jpg

That is it, an enjoyable flight if a bit frustrating. Off to do some more research.

I hope you liked the flight.

A nice and pretty surprise to find a freeware bus. And you did not only manage to land "him", you also found the time to make good pictures!

I still can´t get it right, too: I am still waiting for the Aerosoft bus, p3dv4 came too surprising for them, it seems.

42 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

A nice and pretty surprise to find a freeware bus. And you did not only manage to land "him", you also found the time to make good pictures!

I still can´t get it right, too: I am still waiting for the Aerosoft bus, p3dv4 came too surprising for them, it seems.

Thanks Gerold, a discovery for me too seeing the A320 in Alaskan colours. I was lucky that I was able to get on the runway manually.

I have the Aerosoft bus too but I will not be bothering to upgrade as it is well beyond me.:ph34r::o:wacko:

2 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

This is what happens KDK when you only do 3yrs at grade 4, you should

of at least done 5. Still they are a nice set of shots, the ILS  you are ahead

of me in that department, nice freeware too.:)

cheers

Gumby

Fanks Gumby, I am luckee I kan reed and rite proper.

I lurnt plentee at skool.:rolleyes::wacko::o

46 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

I was waiting for that.

Time for bed now so I can put my heads to rest.:blink::blink:

cheers

Gumby

It must cost you a fortune in haircuts and do you get tired of people calling you 8 eyes.:o

Time for me to make some zeds too.

CYL.

31 minutes ago, paulb said:

I have the old Aerosoft one in FSX but nothing in P3Dv4 yet.

Welcome to the club. Really a pity they are so slow in adapting all of their planes and many of the scenery, too. Not sustainable in the eyes of my credit card...

Very good flying Martyn and as always Alaska never disappoints.

As for the ILS, in this plane you use the FMS to tune the ILS, there's no radio panels except for comms.  It's really quite easy to learn all this stuff.   But I'm extremely fortunate to have worked cockpits so it is a little easier for me but if I can do it anyone can do it! :D

Archived