I don't like the Lancair

VH-KDK

I love it!:lol:

If ever there is a case of "don't knock it 'till you've tried it," this is it.

I have taken a few flights in it now and I have taken to it like a duck to custard!:huh:

Warning especially for Gerold and his dog: may contain traces of nuts, eggs, ducks covered in custard and FSX.:wacko:

1.sw1.jpg

At the Snowy Ranges airstrip close to Arbuckle, Victoria.

2.sw2.jpg

The usual beautiful detail you would expect from an OZx airport. Love the slope, I wonder what is over the hill, apart from me that is.

3.sw3.jpg

Well a real struggle to get the Lancair off the ground, I reckon Roscoe must have stowed away somewhere.

4.sw4.jpg

One of these airports surrounded by trees that give way to an amazing panorama once in the air. Too busy rubbernecking and forgotten to raise the u/c.

5.sw5.jpg

The Alpine NP.

6.sw6.jpg

Snowy Bluff, Mount Kent and The Pinnacles can be seen here.

7.sw7.jpg

Although not very flat, The Wellington Plains are ahead of us.

8.sw8.jpg

Near the Tali Karng Scenic Reserve.

9.sw9.jpg

At Paradise Vally and the first signs of habitation since we took off.

10.sw10.jpg

At Lake Glenmaggie, I fished here in the 80s during a drought and because of the low water level the carp took off straight out of the water when hooked. The lake was full of the vermin and I imagine it is the same today.

11.sw11.jpg

Coming into West Sale YWSL over the Sale-Cowwarr Road close to Kilmany.

12.sw12.jpg

Another nice touch down considering I was at the controls.

What a great plane especially if you are in a hurry. Not the best short field performance though.

Thanks for the health warning Martyn :rolleyes:;):lol: . Anyway at least going back to P3DV3.4 I can use my Lancair again , I will not be deterred in my quest for finding the OZx pot of gold at the end of the rainbow . These fabulous shots just motivate me even more . :DB)

Cheers

John

4 minutes ago, BradB said:

Thanks for the health warning Martyn :rolleyes:;):lol: . Anyway at least going back to P3DV3.4 I can use my Lancair again , I will not be deterred in my quest for finding the OZx pot of gold at the end of the rainbow . These fabulous shots just motivate me even more . :DB)

Cheers

John

Thank you John. This is the only problem with the progression of P3D with those favourite aircraft and sceneries not being compliant to the newer versions.:angry:

Happy to have given you the motivation though.

22 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Mmmmmm yum, Duck in custard. :wacko: or was that (duck to custard).  I'll try this strange combo of flavours. As always nice series of pics and narration.:D

Thanks Jeff, duck and custard in often eaten in my house, just can't figure out why nobody comes for dinner!:wacko:

17 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Super shots Ducky sorry I mean Martyn I think you are going Quackers in your old age and what happened to my eggs they have not arrived yet .

Well Martyn I enjoyed your trip thanks for letting me come along for the ride regards stewart 

Cheers Stewart and sorry about the eggs but they got held up in the rush for Christmas.

Anyway a flock of angry hens will be arriving very soon to your door!:ph34r::o:lol:

I bet you knew that I was hatching some sort of plan.:wacko:

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was yet another fun slight Martyn, you make it look like you're having the time of your life.  I'm happy you're enjoying your tours, I know I am!

Thanks a lot Jack, great times in the land of Oz.:)

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Cheers Stewart and sorry about the eggs but they got held up in the rush for Christmas.

Anyway a flock of angry hens will be arriving very soon to your door!:ph34r::o:lol:

I bet you knew that I was hatching some sort of plan.:wacko:

Well Martyn I am eggexcited now will they be in this post today regards stewart

1 hour ago, stewart1 said:

Well Martyn I am eggexcited now will they be in this post today regards stewart

Don't forget that if it is raining when the parcel arrives and you have to go to your mail box, make sure you have a cape on.:wacko:

Nice shots, Martyn! Gotta say though that I agree with the title, but in a non-10cc sort of way. A fine looking aircraft from the outside, but the view from the cockpit seems totally bu**ered by the front cabin struts. I have this bird, but never fly her since I got the Legacy, as that has (for me) by far the better cockpit.

• 3 months later...
On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:17 AM, Neptune6 said:

Hi VH-KDK

it is a plane too sophisticated for me I prefer the good old needles 

good shoot and narrative Martyn

Patrick

Thank you Patrick, we are lucky that we have such a huge choice of planes to fly.:)

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:17 AM, andy1252 said:

Nice shots, Martyn! Gotta say though that I agree with the title, but in a non-10cc sort of way. A fine looking aircraft from the outside, but the view from the cockpit seems totally bu**ered by the front cabin struts. I have this bird, but never fly her since I got the Legacy, as that has (for me) by far the better cockpit.

Thanks Andy, there are a few planes where the cockpit view is obstructed, the Dragon Rapide and Dove spring to mind.:huh:

Mind you the view is much better that Lindbergh's Ryan NYP that had no forward cockpit windows at all!:o

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:34 AM, Stillwater said:

Thank you very much for the upfront warning, martyn, so I could digest this post even better. How I like you narration, the SOH plus the fishing experience makes reading time fly!

Regarding your post title...:

Thanks Gerold and I am glad you enjoyed the post. I should have added a warning about eating Carp which only taster good when marinated in sump oil for 3 weeks and then burned to a cinder.

Cheers for the 10cc clip too, from Bloody Tourists, one of my favourite albums now nearly 40 years old!:o:ph34r:

Archived