Installing, testing, enjoying. Installing, testing, enjoying. Installing...

Stillwater

After installing the Carenado planes into p3dv4 I went on to another of my favourite GAs - unfortunately without a p3d installer. Added all the liveries, and - voila:

2017-12-29_18-10NZMF.jpg

Good that this is just the taxiway...

2017-12-29_18-11Taxiway.jpg

The beauty of Milford Sound...

2017-12-29_18-13MilfordSound.jpg
2017-12-29_18-14climbout.jpg

... and the west coast.

2017-12-29_18-18Westcoast.jpg
2017-12-29_18-25-6-573.jpg

Entering Doubtful Sound in something more exclusive than a cruiseship...

2017-12-29_18-31DoubtfulSound.jpg
2017-12-29_18-35-44-783.jpg

... and climbing over the rocks...

2017-12-29_18-37-32-503.jpg

... to Lake Manapouri.

2017-12-29_18-40LakeManapouri.jpg

This is where someone filmed the Anduin River...

2017-12-29_18-42Anduin.jpg

... and Lothlorien.

2017-12-29_18-47Lothlorien.jpg

Mavora Lake...

2017-12-29_18-47MavoraLake.jpg

... and Lake Wakatipu. Queenstown ahead. VFR flying at its finest...

2017-12-29_18-56LakeWakatipu.jpg

... unfortunately I could not turn the CRS needle. This may be the only p3d-deficit that occurs - does anybody have better experience with this bird?

2017-12-29_19-1Queenstown.jpg

At least I could bring her down safely...

2017-12-29_19-7NZQN.jpg

Gerold, stunning scenery, I think NZ is Orbx's finest of all the lot.

Now, this Lancair.  Is this P3D's Lancair from RealAir for FSX's?

I had mine from FSX installed but I couldn't get it to see the GTN750 which I really have to have.

So questions.

1. Is this FSX's or P3D's?

2. If it's FSX's how did you get it in P3D?  Did you do like Bluebear did, drag the files from FSX?  I no longer have FSX installed.

3. Do you have the Flight1 GTN750?

Sorry for so many questions.  Out of all the aircraft I wish I had bought for P3D this is it.  Just have it for FSX.  :(

42 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots, looks like you are enjoying P3D.

cheers

Iain

Thnaks Iain. You are totally correct!

38 minutes ago, kjrman said:

Nice Shots, NZ is great for just such adventures!

It is a great area to start with p3d for me: Summertime currently, and I do not have any 3rd party add-on. Plus I can fly GAs, as there are no really big distances.

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Gerold, stunning scenery, I think NZ is Orbx's finest of all the lot.

Now, this Lancair.  Is this P3D's Lancair from RealAir for FSX's?

I had mine from FSX installed but I couldn't get it to see the GTN750 which I really have to have.

So questions.

1. Is this FSX's or P3D's?

2. If it's FSX's how did you get it in P3D?  Did you do like Bluebear did, drag the files from FSX?  I no longer have FSX installed.

3. Do you have the Flight1 GTN750?

Sorry for so many questions.  Out of all the aircraft I wish I had bought for P3D this is it.  Just have it for FSX.  :(

Thanks you for the comments & for your questions, Jack. Indeed this is the RealAir FSX version. I do not have any improved GPS like the Flight1.

I just made an empty folder named "FSX", installed the plane there and moved all the resulting files into p3d.

Works - except the CRS pointer.

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks you for the comments & for your questions, Jack. Indeed this is the RealAir FSX version. I do not have any improved GPS like the Flight1.

I just made an empty folder named "FSX", installed the plane there and moved all the resulting files into p3d.

Works - except the CRS pointer.

Thanks Gerold, what a disappointment.  I'd pay a lot for the P3D version.

45 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold, what a disappointment.  I'd pay a lot for the P3D version.

Hi Jack, I thought I'd seen the DVD version on Aerosoft but it was also the FSX version. Might be worth looking on ebay for the DVD version - somebody might be holding old stock. I did manage to get a DVD version of their Spitfire only a few months back.

5 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Jack, I thought I'd seen the DVD version on Aerosoft but it was also the FSX version. Might be worth looking on ebay for the DVD version - somebody might be holding old stock. I did manage to get a DVD version of their Spitfire only a few months back.

Think I'll try now Andy, worth the effort.  

Forgot to say earlier - great shots Gerold! Hope it's all going relatively painlessly (it's never completely painless) - I found that getting a workaround for the awful "addon xml" technique for new scenery installs is what took most of my time. Got there in the end, and if that's a thing that bugs you and you haven't chosen a route round it I'll be happy to share my (simple) technique - just let me know.

11 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Beautiful shots Gerold!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, John!

11 hours ago, BradB said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result..... Of course this never applies to being a Flight Simmer . :oB):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

For scientists and flight simmers the described procedure is necessary to test the reproducability - before making conclusions. And you know, both are the people that bring progress to our society.

11 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Interesting attempt, however I trust that my downloaded version is the most current... hopefully!

9 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Stunning shots Gerold. That first airport looks like it was designed by a stunt pilot:D. But what a lovely scenery.:)

I was happy that the picture really was only the taxiway, the runway looks a bit better. But you should approach from the fjord - or have a Fieseler Storch! If you don´t own NZMF yet, Karl, this would be one thing to change in 2017!

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful flight over NZSI Gerold.:)

So THAT is a voila, I always wondered what one looked like.:unsure:

Not only one, even two. PeopleFlow rulez!

5 hours ago, adambar said:

I'll have to give it a go myself Gerold and thanks for doing the testing for me. :D

You´re welcome. Be it teatin of the Lancair or of NZMF!

5 hours ago, stewart1 said:

super set of shots Gerold you are getting there looking good regards stewart

Thanks, Stewart!

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots Gerold! Well done on your excellent progress with P3D :)

Piece by piece, Paul, and not always as easy as with the Orbx treasures.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

Forgot to say earlier - great shots Gerold! Hope it's all going relatively painlessly (it's never completely painless) - I found that getting a workaround for the awful "addon xml" technique for new scenery installs is what took most of my time. Got there in the end, and if that's a thing that bugs you and you haven't chosen a route round it I'll be happy to share my (simple) technique - just let me know.

I started my p3d installations with the tools (REX, weather, EzDok and so on), now I am focusing on the planes (helicopters are rarely adapted until now, what a pain). Scenery comes next... I´ll drop you a note!

On 12/30/2017 at 5:02 PM, Stillwater said:

... unfortunately I could not turn the CRS needle. This may be the only p3d-deficit that occurs - does anybody have better experience with this bird?

I installed it today, and I ahem the same problem Gerold, I can't turn the court needle.  What fixed it. I thought I saw a fix somewhere.

12 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Superior captures, very sporty!

Thanks, Bermuda!

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I installed it today, and I ahem the same problem Gerold, I can't turn the court needle.  What fixed it. I thought I saw a fix somewhere.

Bluebear pointed me to that: You can change the behaviour of the CRS needle in the RealAir config tool. But: This only changes it in the FSX install! You then have to manually move the aircraft.cfg (or parts of it) into p3d... Surgery, I´d call that.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks, Bermuda!

Bluebear pointed me to that: You can change the behaviour of the CRS needle in the RealAir config tool. But: This only changes it in the FSX install! You then have to manually move the aircraft.cfg (or parts of it) into p3d... Surgery, I´d call that.

Got it all fixed, installed, sounds and the 750 work and I am one happy camper mate!  See you in the virtual skies in my yellow Lancair soon!  Happy New Year Gerold, 50 minutes till 2018 as I type this.

Archived