Lovely blue Cherokee in California

Jack Sawyer

Made a nice flight from Palm Springs to San Diego.  

Tried to use the coordinates like Martyn does but failed miserably.

Lots of images, all sliders maxed out.  This was before my ill-fated CTD to Avalon.

vi2s8PD.jpg

8WmqSy6.jpg

mft3eui.jpg

tljdqTm.jpg

ZrxU5HI.jpg

helIPM8.jpg

VvSUZ5K.jpg

HijZet8.jpg

lWBKZFO.jpg

0jDM06q.jpg

5jMD3hB.jpg

L5iQa05.jpg

Thzwb1g.jpg

5RK0H0O.jpg

1zwpkph.jpg

fcfqmzn.jpg

MWFruFJ.jpg

V6y6jtd.jpg

yePqEKy.jpg

zywIBuU.jpg

Ku4D08V.jpg

ZqClYYo.jpg

4j2Yzmx.jpg

NGQxig1.jpg

unjSJ5x.jpg

Fu8AkLN.jpg

tyrfbxe.jpg

xp12rVj.jpg

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

A great trip Jack with plenty of cool shots , even better no OOM's . Life is good !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  Yeah, this was a nice relaxing flight.  Gonna do some water flights around Larry's sea plane bases today.

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Great flight Jack! :). You look to be making good progress in installing and using your scenery!

Thanks Paul, actually, I installed it all in one go.  Just going round to all of them and checking them out.

52 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Looking good Jack I enjoyed looking at your screen shots and enjoyed your trip thanks regards stewart

Thanks Stewart!

Top class series of images Jack.

I enjoyed your flight especially over the built up areas in the latter part of the trip.

Sorry to hear you are still having problems with finding out where you are, I am sure you will get the hang of it with practice.:)

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Tried to use the coordinates like Martyn does but failed miserably.

Lots of images, all sliders maxed out.  This was before my ill-fated CTD to Avalon.

At least you did not get lost and found a nice destination. Was it the one you intended to find :D?

The lose of trust is one of the sad by-effects of OOMs. But with "all-sliders-maxed" you still have something to do to regain it.

34 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Top class series of images Jack.

I enjoyed your flight especially over the built up areas in the latter part of the trip.

Sorry to hear you are still having problems with finding out where you are, I am sure you will get the hang of it with practice.:)

Thanks Martyn!  It takes a lot of patience to do what you do, I don't know how you do it.  When I make longer trips over unfamiliar territory I'm going to try again with Google Earth.

29 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

I like the 'New Age' paint Jack... and the caps B)

Thanks Mark, another one that Julio posted, it's a set of maybe six?  All good.

10 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Nice flight and screenshots Jack !!!  I like the paint on that Cherokee.:)

Thanks John!  I like it too, it's nice and shiny and has a pretty face on it.

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

At least you did not get lost and found a nice destination. Was it the one you intended to find :D?

The lose of trust is one of the sad by-effects of OOMs. But with "all-sliders-maxed" you still have something to do to regain it.

Yes, that's the one Gerold.  KSAN.  All sliders maxed is for testing OF2 to see how many cool details I can see.  Someday hopefully soon I'll have a new PC and won't have these concerns.

33 minutes ago, medx421 said:

Looking great Jack.  No crashes either.

Thanks Medx.  I just flew around Larry's seaplane bases and I tried it AF to 85 but didn't see any difference, might have seen a FPS drop, not sure.

31 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Lovely indeed Jack. Great shots nice plane and paint on her.:)

Thanks Karl!  It's a wonderful airbrush job, I could never do what these repainters do, not on a bet!

21 minutes ago, mikewies said:

Great selection of images Jack.  I'm a bit jealous of your ability to fly around in KSAN area. I'm stuck with P3D v2.5 for the short term -- upgrading soon! 

Thanks Mike!  Dang, if I had the way I'd buy it for you, hope you get it soon because Orbx is 100% better in 64 bit because you can basically max out the sliders and when I do that I get more detail.

12 hours ago, magic1 said:

almost...

:wub:

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Very relaxing photo shoot after a busy day Jack, job well done! :)

Thanks Adam, spent a lot of hour flying yesterday.

3 hours ago, Sammy H said:

That is one serious looking paint job.  Love the pics.

Thanks Sammy, isn't it amazing what some guys can do when repainting?

4 minutes ago, maxhades said:

Where i can find this livery? And does anybody has got the Hello Kitty livery fom A2A? Haha

Well Max, I went to where I found it before as it's freeware and it no longer exists.  I can email it to you or maybe send it through PM or Dropbox, if I can figure out how to use it as I don't use it that often.

Great shots (and a hellofva paint job!).

The amazing thing about ORBX scenery is that, after 20 years of doing flightseeing rides over the area in RL, I could tell exactly where you were in almost every shot.

You will be getting a letter from the FAA, however, after flying over MCAS Miramar without a clearance. ;)

Just now, Tailspin45 said:

Great shots (and a hellofva paint job!).

The amazing thing about ORBX scenery is that, after 20 years of doing flightseeing rides over the area in RL, I could tell exactly where you were in almost every shot.

You will be getting a letter from the FAA, however, after flying over MCAS Miramar without a clearance. ;)

Thanks Tailspin!  Miramar knew me by reputation and gave me a kitchen pass! :lol:

I'm glad you liked them and this is what I love about Orbx stuff, sadly my house isn't represented yet but I can hope.  I'd actually pay them several hundred to do 25GA in great detail as I live right basically on it, .5 miles from it.  I walk there every day.

2 hours ago, Tailspin45 said:

Wait! 25GA is Miller's Farm! I landed there years ago on the way to an airshow.

By some odd chance do you know Matt Taylor or his father? They had a farm strip near there if I remember correctly.

I don't know Mat Taylor, just Mrs. Miller who's a charming southern lady.  Her husband Clifford passed away about six years ago, he was a pilot with the Canadian Air Force BEFORE WWII, so when Pearl Harbor hit he asked if he could transfer to the U.S. Army Air Corps and flew DC-3's over hundreds of miles of open ocean in the Pacific theater, then he got on with a major carrier and built a HUGE mansion, barely shown in these photos.  Wonderful lady Mrs. Miller.  And if you landed there you must have had to call ahead because it's private.  She still keeps it intact and there's a Piper Cub nestled in that barn/hangar.

Here's some pix I took this summer, hope Orbx doesn't mind.

flp6ZLV.jpg

zaZWhxe.jpg

Z0w6T4Z.jpg

hEfMawO.jpg

oizXlmc.jpg

cNWOFb8.jpg

BrEDXCp.jpg

7wU8g7T.jpg

Like I said, I'd pay Orbx to do this area, I could provide all the photos they'd ever need.  It would include my house too.  I can dream though. ^_^

20 minutes ago, Tailspin45 said:

Hmmmm, no I don't remember needing prior permission, so it must have been another field. I'll dig out my logbook and check.

The place looks awesome. Perfect spot of an Aeronca, J3 , or Stearman, I'd say!

Roger that.  Does it look familiar?  What air show was it, Falcon Field?  I used to live within walking distance if it.

36 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What air show was it, Falcon Field?  I used to live within walking distance if it.

No, we were headed for Sun 'n Fun in Lakeland. So 25GA makes no sense. I'll clear this up when I find my logbook...

Archived