Moderators

Dadtom65

Hi. I like quite a few others was really enjoying the posts about the new scenery coming and bang you get the idiots who start going on about this and that is better than this. Hey I have all the fltsims that ever have come out even Xplane but I don’t have any favourites, they were all good. My question is can not the moderators give these people a warning first before the topic is closed for everyone. Derek.

Everybody knows that Ford is a better car than Chevy, and that Ferrari is better than Maserati, and that Sofia is better-looking than Gina, and, finally, that whatever sim I use is better than yours. No need for more debate:lol:..........Doug

3 minutes ago, Triplane said:

Everybody knows that Ford is a better car than Chevy, and that Ferrari is better than Maserati, and that Sofia is better-looking than Gina, and, finally, that whatever sim I use is better than yours. No need for more debate:lol:..........Doug

I disagree with you Doug...............:lol:

2 hours ago, JimNZ said:

Now something the Americans, in particular, won't know, " the All Blacks are the best in the world" I mean they must be, they're world champions:P

JimNZ

Yeah, but how would they do playing real-man's game.....like baseball?..........Doug

I agree about non founded post about bla bla bla.

It's been a wile that I was not on the sim, well for short period yes... so today, as winter is coming I spent some time on AF2... after it was time for some V4, it as been a wile. New install from this summer, late download of the region and my fav airport. Kick the V4 with Palm Spring and the new adapted Q400, and I get that:

ePwN8RK.thumb.jpg.bd1b3760c4218ac3083a7811669e8c3e.jpg

To be honest I spent 20 minutes trying to see what was wrong, mesh and setting all by the book (unless I miss something), I had it and went back to AF2.

I have started a thread in the support forum and I hope that someone can help me.

So yes, sometime with PROOF like that we can say POLITELY that we are more happy with a sim then another one without bashing any platform .

Cheers guys

Ben

13 minutes ago, Benny said:

It's been a wile that I was not on the sim, well for short period yes... so today, as winter is coming I spent some time on AF2... after it was time for some V4, it as been a wile. New install from this summer, late download of the region and my fav airport. Kick the V4 with Palm Spring and the new adapted Q400, and I get that:

However this was caused in your case,  in one or another way it's a result of the wrong elevation data which Prepar3d inherited from FSX. These have been in force for 12 years now, and no excuse their correction is overdue. 

Kind regards, Michael

7 hours ago, pmb said:

However this was caused in your case,  in one or another way it's a result of the wrong elevation data which Prepar3d inherited from FSX. These have been in force for 12 years now, and no excuse their correction is overdue. 

Kind regards, Michael

Hello Michael,

since this topic seems to be open to any discussion, here is a comparison between

KPSP real

image.jpg

KPSP P3D.

image.jpg

and KPSP Orbx.

image.jpg

46 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Michael,

since this topic seems to be open to any discussion, here is a comparison between

Thanks Nick, that's enlightening. I always was under the impression Vector AEC and similar tools are just there because of FSX/P3D's wrong elevation data, but in view of this I am out of ideas.

Kind regards, Michael

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

KPSP is disabled in my Vector and I only ever use Auto Correction. So it has to be doing something right!

Where you guys do so.... i'm lost??????????????

I'm I stupid or what?

Ben

My understanding is that Vector's elevation data for KPSP does not match FSX/P3D's, so it applies a correction, resulting in Benny's elevation problem.  To correct Vector's "mistake", the user must disable Vector's correction by using the AEC correction tool.

1 hour ago, Stewart Hobson said:

My understanding is that Vector's elevation data for KPSP does not match FSX/P3D's, so it applies a correction, resulting in Benny's elevation problem.  To correct Vector's "mistake", the user must disable Vector's correction by using the AEC correction tool.

I found that on Avsim:

Just open up  your  ftx3   control panel  navigate to the  ftx vector  configuation tool at the bottom you will see manual option  and  on the right hand  side   you  will see   aec  enable on the left  and  aec  disabled ojn the right  type the  airport  you want  in the tab  than make sure  you click  apply button. Note  if  you run the auto mode  after  it  will overide the setting  you have made  in the manual   section

Does that make sense?

Sorry to hack the thread >:D

Ben

On 11/6/2017 at 9:22 AM, teecee said:

" Sofia is better-looking than Gina" LOL.. It takes someone as old as me to know who these ladies are, I doubt many on the forum know.. Anyone remember "woman of the river"? Teecee.

:wub: No, but I do remember that Sponge Diver climbing out of the water.  :wub:

Dale

Archived