More Pago Yellowcoptering

Jack Sawyer

P3D 3.4 this time.  I finally did it, completely and 100% moved FSX from my PC.  Even the registry.  So now FTX Central only shows P3D 3.4 and V4.  So I had to do several tests to make sure nothing was messed up.  All is well.

Took off in nice weather then it went downhill but cleared up at Port Moresby.

AjlXb47.jpg

F8isghT.jpg

39kPQsT.jpg

twglaOU.jpg

eY4o8Zs.jpg

Staggeringly beautiful place Orbx team!

XV1GDwo.jpg

Qf1AwZR.jpg

lAPluLO.jpg

UfGQKYy.jpg

e9crrLZ.jpg

MnI8I19.jpg

psxmWkl.jpg

Jing3XB.jpg

FGUOHjh.jpg

Ff2A9RB.jpg

9ve53ig.jpg

6e4AwyJ.jpg

EHLQGvM.jpg

Fantastic light in these shots Jack, absolutely fantastic.

You got me slightly confused with your post title, I remembered Pago Pago slightly different looking.

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I finally did it, completely and 100% moved FSX from my PC.  Even the registry.

A brave move, and I trust you did it after severe testing. Congratulations!

Sometime you need to have the option of stepping back: Yesterday I moved to EZdok v2, but I was disappointed to see there is no way to import / convert anything from the v1 cameras (I should have more than 300 in my planes to be redone?!), moreover I could not get the keyboard pan functions to work. Without a written manual (only youtube links given) this is a no-go for me. So I went back, with (only) 12 USD wasted.

1 hour ago, Ken Hall said:

Great captures Jack, I think your missing the free Holgermesh for PNG, Tapini has some sunken buildings.

thats the PNG mesh not the AU one.

cheers

Ken

Thanks Ken and my mistake too.  This isn't Pago Pago, this is New Guinea.  In 3.4 I use SCE, the Scenery Config Editor so I'll have to make sure I had the mesh on, it might still be configured, I'll have to check.  Thanks for the heads up as I now see the sunken building.

10 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

First-rate set of captures! Not the same helicopter, but I saw this one these days!

Thanks Erik and what I wouldn't give to be able to fly a real one.  Dang, some people are very fortunate!

10 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

I didn't know mother nature had yellow dragon flies:D. All kidding aside these are awesome shots Jack. I'm still in fsx for now but I am truly impressed with P3D 3.4. 

Thanks Karl, 3.4 is nice but v4 is much better.

8 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

These shots are truly awesome, Jack. You'll never want to go back to FSX.

Thanks Lars, yeah, I hadn't ran FSX in a dog's age so I needed some more room and goodbye FSX.

8 hours ago, magic1 said:

Nice shots Jack!

Thanks Magic.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Marvelous set of shots Jack! :)

Thanks Adam!

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent Jack! I love the way the weather changes during the flight. :)

Thanks Paul, I loved it too, I always love flying in unpredictable weather like that.

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Very nice indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Jack and some great weather in you caps.

Good to see you just made it down before night time, not a great place to fly after dark.

Thanks Martyn!  I could imagine how you could get disoriented there after dark.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic light in these shots Jack, absolutely fantastic.

You got me slightly confused with your post title, I remembered Pago Pago slightly different looking.

A brave move, and I trust you did it after severe testing. Congratulations!

Sometime you need to have the option of stepping back: Yesterday I moved to EZdok v2, but I was disappointed to see there is no way to import / convert anything from the v1 cameras (I should have more than 300 in my planes to be redone?!), moreover I could not get the keyboard pan functions to work. Without a written manual (only youtube links given) this is a no-go for me. So I went back, with (only) 12 USD wasted.

Thanks Gerold!  Yes, my mistake, I realized this when Ken pointed it out.

I did a complete backup then methodically removed all traces of FSX.

This is why I use Chase Plane, I think it's the easiest sim add-on out there, well, besides FTX Central.

27 minutes ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi all Bush trip are awesome in TAP,  helio is very easy to land on ... good weather in your shoot .

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, glad you liked them.

2 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Great captures Jack, I think your missing the free Holgermesh for PNG, Tapini has some sunken buildings.

thats the PNG mesh not the AU one.

cheers

Ken

Hi Ken, I just checked, I did have the PNG Holgermesh on.  I wonder what could have gone wrong?

Hi Ken, I just checked, I did have the PNG Holgermesh on.  I wonder what could have gone wrong?

Check the scenery library order, also if you have another mesh installed that has a higher resolution it will take priority, have you installed one of these newer meshes lately, if so try disabling it in the scenery lib and try again, you can re enable it after your PNG flight.

cheers

Ken

2 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Jack, haven't been actually looking at much on here lately, but just spotted these and - wow! They are pretty special - you must be feeling well pleased with your setup now.

Thanks Andy, I am, but this was 3.4 with is an OOM factory.  I can't wait for OF in V4.

1 hour ago, Ken Hall said:

Check the scenery library order, also if you have another mesh installed that has a higher resolution it will take priority, have you installed one of these newer meshes lately, if so try disabling it in the scenery lib and try again, you can re enable it after your PNG flight.

cheers

Ken

Thanks Ken, all I have and have had is that FreemeshX, been there for a long time and have never disabled it before.

I'll try that in a few and see what happens.

cheers

Ken

Archived