Jack the fighter jock in L.A.

Jack Sawyer

P3Dv4 - Orbx Global - N/A L/C - Southern California - Vector - Trees - AS4 & ASCA - REX TD HD - Adam's PTA - Milviz F-4E Advanced - All P3D sliders maxed

A lot here, I was testing the F-4 which is like trying to ride a bucking bronco!  Setting up cameras and having a blast!

kzlBhD0.jpg

akV2Z2y.jpg

17QWoKG.jpg

VImJh3V.jpg

f7fI2Aa.jpg

6P1GtjB.jpg

Jk63s3S.jpg

vNYKRBI.jpg

up0rkkj.jpg

tYDFEMj.jpg

sDkcHSu.jpg

mvA9ENN.jpg

4hG0TWd.jpg

acx3Lgb.jpg

VCO9tif.jpg

SkwXB4o.jpg

p0A2uST.jpg

5KjKM3N.jpg

QLzAfgf.jpg

V3yYyFa.jpg

AzXggwb.jpg

htf4Wba.jpg

nYSx7Kj.jpg

Q1nqnr9.jpg

GCzKmtf.jpg

OIPMTm1.jpg

QKYCxoH.jpg

wjOaVuZ.jpg

svz5tOr.jpg

lPolcCN.jpg

eN2nkQT.jpg

MWBLGEV.jpg

NnRfhw3.jpg

qO0usgr.jpg

7hSZ6Yp.jpg

FNihAzz.jpg

gT9tqGp.jpg

RFTi1P4.jpg

acTZUQf.jpg

4 minutes ago, paulb said:

Great series and great shots Jack! I think that you have got your sky and clouds just right! ;). Well done mate!

Thanks Paul, I think so too.  I'm done tinkering with settings, now it's time to fly.  All I need is three more things and goodbye 3.4.

Orbx in V4

MilViz's two choppers, the Bell 407 and the MD-530F, I miss those little upside-down ceiling fans.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, I think so too.  I'm done tinkering with settings, now it's time to fly.  All I need is three more things and goodbye 3.4.

Orbx in V4

MilViz's two choppers, the Bell 407 and the MD-530F, I miss those little upside-down ceiling fans.

My pleasure Jack. It does look excellent now. :)

I too am looking forward to downloading my Orbx airports!

Like you, I am still adding aircraft to P3DV4. JF have been very good as they (like Orbx) have provided free new downloads for P3DV4 as long as you had previously purchased that aeroplane from them.

Can I ask what theme you are using in ASCA please? I downloaded it this morning as I just wasn't getting on with the REX4 clouds/install.

Lovely set of shots, Jack, and like Paul says - it looks like you've got a great working setup now. Time to fly!

2 hours ago, paulb said:

I downloaded it this morning as I just wasn't getting on with the REX4 clouds/install.

Hi Paul, for now, I've given up on REX for clouds. ASCA for clouds, REX TD/SC for sky, water and other textures, AS4 for weather. Haven't tried to put ENVTEX in to that mix yet but may experiment later. Way too much fiddling about in recent months, even for me and I'm a compulsive file-fiddler.

30 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Paul, for now, I've given up on REX for clouds. ASCA for clouds, REX TD/SC for sky, water and other textures, AS4 for weather. Haven't tried to put ENVTEX in to that mix yet but may experiment later. Way too much fiddling about in recent months, even for me and I'm a compulsive file-fiddler.

Same here Andy. I am happy with things now, so more flying and less fiddling I hope! :D

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Outstanding set Jack.

So many excellent shots in amongst this lot and then it got even better at dusk.

Wonderful stuff.

Thanks Martyn!

14 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Very nice set of screen shots Jack well done I like them all regards stewart

Thank you Stewart!

14 hours ago, paulb said:

My pleasure Jack. It does look excellent now. :)

I too am looking forward to downloading my Orbx airports!

Like you, I am still adding aircraft to P3DV4. JF have been very good as they (like Orbx) have provided free new downloads for P3DV4 as long as you had previously purchased that aeroplane from them.

Can I ask what theme you are using in ASCA please? I downloaded it this morning as I just wasn't getting on with the REX4 clouds/install.

Thanks Paul, sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I use ASCA's "Discovery" theme.

12 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

11 hours ago, Taph said:

Grand set Jack

Thank you Taph!

11 hours ago, Stillwater said:

F4 in v4? - check.

Inverted flight? - check.

Yellow livery? - fail!

You may have had fun on the flight. Jack (in contrast to the AT controllers), but the missing colour is a no-go.

Thanks Gerold, alas, if I knew how to paint I would create one but I don't think the USAF had a a yellow F-4 but I would love it!

11 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely set of shots, Jack, and like Paul says - it looks like you've got a great working setup now. Time to fly!

Thanks Andy!  

11 hours ago, Taph said:

It's not a fail jack

they don't do yellow only desert cam :rolleyes:

Desertcam.jpg

I love it Taph!  Thanks!

10 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

You sure had a blast, buddy!! Great screenies. You must have been flying on vapor, when you touched down :)

Thanks Bernd, you know, I never even checked.

4 hours ago, medx421 said:

Nice shots Jack.  Very creative!

Thanks MedX!

1 hour ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Wow.What a great series of shots Jack.

You are really ringing out "Ol Smokey".

Bet you scared the hell out of that incoming

Airliner.:o

How many windows did you break at L.A ?

Anthin.:lol:

Thanks Anthin, I know it right? :)  I used to love when they flew at the bases I was stationed at.  They were loud but we all used to have a saying, "I love the sound of jet noise, it's the sound of freedom."

Good to see you inverted again.  Reminds me of the standard F4 departure off Elmendorf Runway 5 - "Turn left heading 300, maintain 2000".  This was before Anchorage had the long N/S and all the Europe bound heavies climbed over Elmendorf.  How discouraging for a snortenzoomer like the F4 to level off, even momentarily, right after lift off.  As to the required 1000' vertical separation - we often had it.

3 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Good to see you inverted again.  Reminds me of the standard F4 departure off Elmendorf Runway 5 - "Turn left heading 300, maintain 2000".  This was before Anchorage had the long N/S and all the Europe bound heavies climbed over Elmendorf.  How discouraging for a snortenzoomer like the F4 to level off, even momentarily, right after lift off.  As to the required 1000' vertical separation - we often had it.

Thanks OnD!  That's pretty interesting stuff.  I'd love to visit Anchorage someday.

56 minutes ago, adambar said:

Fantastic set of shots and some fancy flying Jack! :)

Thanks Adam.  It was a lot of fun but this plane is a handful for sure.

12 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Those are absolutely fantastic Jack. P3D 32bit would have OOM'd after about 15 minutes with all that awesome scenery. Great shots. :)

Thanks Jocko!  I know right?  If I had full settings on like I did in these shots with AS on my flight would have OOM'd before I started the engines!

8 hours ago, BradB said:

I bet you gave LA Tracon fits today Jack , I'm up here in SFO area this weekend and I could hear you from up here . B);)

Cheers

John

I hope so, this plane is designed to be loud and I love it!

4 hours ago, RichardLouis said:

Cheers ! A fabulous plane.

Thanks Richard!

4 hours ago, Blackrat said:

Lovely crisp shots Jack.

Nice

Thank you Blackrat!

3 hours ago, mikee said:

Super Shots Jack :rolleyes:

Thanks Mikee!

2 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

That's a fun set, your dusk is looking magic

Thanks Ken, I've settled on my settings, and I agree, dusk looks marvelous.

Archived